Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

Tookie Knows II.....my godddddd 
pimp.gif

I had the best workout of the week listening to this album today.

Outside of a few throwaways...this album is easily better than Oxymoron(as an entire project). 

Added in the THat Part remix to the end of the album and this is going to be in rotation all summer. 

Just finished this...yup this album was fire. A lil bit of filler songs in the 2nd half but it was still tough
Might cop later

JoHn Muir on repeat :pimp:

This is tough. Anyone know if Target or Best Buy got bonus cuts? I need to know before I go buy this later today.

A couple songs are filler, I always prefer 10-14 track albums but this joint sound real good.

This is tough. Anyone know if Target or Best Buy got bonus cuts? I need to know before I go buy this later today.

A couple songs are filler, I always prefer 10-14 track albums but this joint sound real good.

No bonus songs on my Target copy.

Last edited:
This **** is dope. Only a few things I didn't like. I ain't like the song with Miguel or the What You Want joint either. Those type of songs just ain't Q's lane. I don't know he keep getting them garbage Tyler beats for the Dogg Pound songs. Just get a beat from Daz.

Other than that this album fire.

Anderson on Intro :pimp:

By Any Means :pimp:

Groovy Tony :pimp:

JoHn Muir :pimp:

Tookie Knows :x :x :pimp:

I sort of just want to buy this on a whim since I let Oxymoron fall by the wayside, and cause I haven't heard any other tracks off the new album other that "That Part", which I don't really feel.

Also just realized TDE has multiple guys with multiple albums released under the same label in a short time. Usually it's the lead artist with multiple albums released, and all the other artists with 1, or none :lol:

Last edited:
Kendrick on "THat Part" remix :x :x :x :x :x :x

:x

(deletes the Kanye version)

Last edited:
That Part remix [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Jay Rock set it off, didn't think the others were going to be able to top it, but Kendrick and Q aired it too. Q verse was real, but he kinda foul for calling the people who video taped Alton's murder cowards, saying they should have died w/ him.

These cats gotta put their solo careers on pause for a bit, and put out a Black Hippy album for the culture.

Ab Soul dissin Jay Elec :pimp:

"I was like a swami to Jay Electronica until he figured that Kendrick wouldn’t admit that he would body him for a milly / I told Dizzle 'keep quiet, I’ma get him, We don’t need dirt on your hands getting the keys to the city, you feel me?' / It hurts when your OG who’s supposed to be a G-O-D / Is standing next to King Kunta feeling like Toby / Moose, what I gotta do boy? / I’m just waiting on your cue to take ’em to school, boy,"

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Hopefully we get both prime Ab-Soul and a Jay Elec something ( ain't no albums ***
mean.gif
)

just got back from Q's show in SF. Hella disappointing. Dude prefaced the show by saying he doesn't know the words to the new music. On top of that, he was saying all the traveling he's been doing has messed up his voice and apologized hella times for not being able to perform songs all the way through. He was letting the vocal track do the work most of the night. He spazzed on the DJ a couple times for dropping in on the wrong beat. He said he was getting tired...then the DJ threw on mad city and let that entire song rock while Q took a break.

He spent a gang of time between songs asking the audience what they want to hear, which was cool, but sometimes he'd let 2-3 minutes go to waste between songs. There was no setlist, so a lot of time was spent with him talking to the DJ off mic figuring out what songs to do next.

The crowd wasn't really feeling it, and the energy in the room just felt flat.

At the end he let us all know that this was the warm up tour before he goes on a "real" tour in september. : \

I've seen him in the same venue before oxymoron dropped and that was an amazing show, so it sucked to see just an overall weak show from him tonight. He just didn't seem ready for game time.

Album is dope though.

Back
Top Bottom