Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

just got back from Q's show in SF. Hella disappointing. Dude prefaced the show by saying he doesn't know the words to the new music. On top of that, he was saying all the traveling he's been doing has messed up his voice and apologized hella times for not being able to perform songs all the way through. He was letting the vocal track do the work most of the night. He spazzed on the DJ a couple times for dropping in on the wrong beat. He said he was getting tired...then the DJ threw on mad city and let that entire song rock while Q took a break.

He spent a gang of time between songs asking the audience what they want to hear, which was cool, but sometimes he'd let 2-3 minutes go to waste between songs. There was no setlist, so a lot of time was spent with him talking to the DJ off mic figuring out what songs to do next.

The crowd wasn't really feeling it, and the energy in the room just felt flat.

At the end he let us all know that this was the warm up tour before he goes on a "real" tour in september. : \

I've seen him in the same venue before oxymoron dropped and that was an amazing show, so it sucked to see just an overall weak show from him tonight. He just didn't seem ready for game time.

Album is dope though.

Thats rough, but I wouldn't let it ruin Q to other posters for future shows. Show him after Oxy came out and he was great. Tons of energy, no background vocals. Did all the bangers from H&C and Oxymoron. (Even pulled out betIgotsumweed :pimp: )

This album is amazing. Easily better than Oxymoron. I can play this front to back without skipping every time. And don't even get me started on that remix :x :x woooo

Oxymoron was just okay to me.

Blank Face is Q really in his element firing on all cylinders.

Last edited:
Album too dope

When the next part of the mini movie posed to drop tho?
Yeah Idk man. He was supposed to drop them.

On one of the radio interviews, he said he was going through some tough times at the moment. He must scattered right now. I'm sure he'll deliver soon. His album damn sure did. 

Black tHougHts is too 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just got back from Q's show in SF. Hella disappointing. Dude prefaced the show by saying he doesn't know the words to the new music. On top of that, he was saying all the traveling he's been doing has messed up his voice and apologized hella times for not being able to perform songs all the way through. He was letting the vocal track do the work most of the night. He spazzed on the DJ a couple times for dropping in on the wrong beat. He said he was getting tired...then the DJ threw on mad city and let that entire song rock while Q took a break.
He spent a gang of time between songs asking the audience what they want to hear, which was cool, but sometimes he'd let 2-3 minutes go to waste between songs. There was no setlist, so a lot of time was spent with him talking to the DJ off mic figuring out what songs to do next.
The crowd wasn't really feeling it, and the energy in the room just felt flat.
At the end he let us all know that this was the warm up tour before he goes on a "real" tour in september. : \
I've seen him in the same venue before oxymoron dropped and that was an amazing show, so it sucked to see just an overall weak show from him tonight. He just didn't seem ready for game time.
Album is dope though.
laugh.gif
 Sounded like the homie Q thought he was doing a walk-thru and was reminded he had to perform. Jokes aside, never been a fan of attending shows that occur a week or two into a new project dropping... regardless of how ill the new music is the energy for those songs is rarely there.

Album too dope

When the next part of the mini movie posed to drop tho?
Yeah Idk man. He was supposed to drop them.

On one of the radio interviews, he said he was going through some tough times at the moment. He must scattered right now. I'm sure he'll deliver soon. His album damn sure did. 

Black tHougHts is too :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Yeah i saw that, aint kno it would affekt the ****...its kool tho, im a patient man lol

I checked online and the best buy and targets in my area didn't get it which is weird because they get everything. I'm sure this album wasn't undershipped. I'll cop later this week.

e40 with easily the worst verse of the year

e40 is just one dude that I will NEVER understand the hype on

NOPE.

E-40 is kinda "polarizing" :lol: He catches a lot of flack for his style. Think you gotta grow up listening him to appreciate it.

I liked his verse tho.

Last edited:
Repped

That short film was so ****n good, especially the visuals in the last part...qs kome a long way, nice to see him expand his art

Dope album.... Finally a full joint from Q i can enjoy.

Oxymoron pulled me for the okie doke but this joint here got heat throughout

Stand outs for me:

John Muir
By Any Means
Tookie Knows
Str8 Ballin
Neva Change
That Part
Know you wrong

I checked online and the best buy and targets in my area didn't get it which is weird because they get everything. I'm sure this album wasn't undershipped. I'll cop later this week.

None of the Targets and Best Buys in my area (east Houston) showed the album in stock either. Walked into Target and they were there. Copped. Album is cold. Actually messed with E-40's verse. WHatever You Want and Overtime were the only tracks I didn't initially feel. WHatever You Want grew on me heavy. Much better than Oxy.

Streamed the album, so far I still like oxymoron more. Blank face definitely flows better and a more complete project when Compared to oxymoron. Just feel like the really good tracks that are scattered in oxymoron bump more than the ones in blank face. Maybe I will change my mind after a few more listens but blank face feels like the type of album that won't have much replay value at least for me.

Last edited:
Finally a good project besides H&C.. I enjoyed the whole Album

I mean how many of those mixtapes you really counting as knocks towards Q tho? Setback was pretty damn good and thats the first time he started sounding more polished. he has still come a long way. I agree Oxymoron was only half enjoyable. He's done a lot more with less rapping ability compared to Soul

Anyways, Can't wait to watch that full short film

Back
Top Bottom