Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

I didn't know that about Soul but I'm sure it's better that he's not signed

Very ambiguous 11 second instagram snippet of a new track. Shouldn't have listened but it already sounds like it's going to be a banger, wonder what track it is...

Unsure about that Tyler collab, sometimes his production is really good but none of that corny teen angst **** please

I think TDE is planning this out perfectly IMO just think of the names that dropped this year and how much work is still left... I see him coming first quarter of 2014 with a GREAT album and then that leads into soul dropping and prolly another Kendrick joint... they are trying to wrap the game up

Damn, looking back through the thread son's prediction was on point. :lol:

The real cover is one of the best I've seen in a while though

True

At first I liked the standard cover more but now I favor the deluxe edition.

We need a Jay Rock album/mixtape/something! He has been killing features for the past few years!

We need a Jay Rock album/mixtape/something! He has been killing features for the past few years!

The fact that Jay Rock has been so quiet has me feeling that when he does release his new ish it's going to be absolutely crazy.

Also in a recent interview Q said he heard 5 songs from Rock's project and said he is on another level musically right now.

Finally was able to pre order my copy tonight, Q got my purchase.

I wonder how many copies he has sold so far from pre orders alone.

They holdin Soulo for last....

i dont get these damn record labels
mean.gif

either the Illuminati truly exist or record labels are run by f****** idiots.
no guys...just no
Here's my reasoning behind this; I'm going to start with the idiots comment. They sign 2(Kendrick and Schoolboy Q) out of 4 rappers on an upcoming label with a great fan base(dumb). Halfheartedly push Kendrick Lamar's album and push back Q's album when he was getting hot last year. I have no problem with having Soul go last but by not signing him they alienate a member of the label that has as equal of an impact as anyone else. I  can almost bet at the end of the year they're going make it hard for them to do a Black Hippy project too. 

The Illuminati comment was based on the fact that the Hiii power movement isn't supposed to succeed. They don't want people to start thinking in a way that's going to cause a revolution(a little far fetched but you get the point). It starts with music and media then it works it's way up. They would rather have a young thug wearing a dress.

...with all that being said, I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and no idea of how the industry works, these are just my theories as an outsider. 

Anyone watching the Arizona State vs. Arizona basketball game on ESPN Friday, watch out for the dude holding up a Schoolboy Q fathead...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom