Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by i3allistic

I dont think Scott Linehan will be bad for the Niner ...he will use Frank Gore and that what Coach Singletary wanted...and as for Alex smith ..he did mention he willing to renegotiate his contract to stay with the team ...i still got a little bit of faith on Alex Smith because i feel bad for him with all the bull@!# he been through....we need a big NT/DT and safety ...all the offensive need can be done in later rounds ...Josh Morgan and Jason Hill step up a bit toward the end of the season at the WR position i dont think WR is a really big need, but we do need to work on the O-Line tho...
Yo Alex Smith had his chance, dude failed. He got outplayed by JTO in preseason
f4c251ce24ba7af448b2d8e7fe85f0b59840654.gif
thats BUM status right there.Plus he was STILL hurt from lthe year before. He needs to go somewhere else and get a fresh start sit on a bench and LEARN. I dont feel bad for a guy who got 24 mil to do a job and couldnt do it. We need Hill, a seasoned VET and a Project QB of the future(3rd round or later) going into next season.

As for alex smith...

Alex_Smith.jpg

I'd love to get crabtree but theres no way he drops to 10, so I'm hoping they go NT or SAFETY
I dont think he got outplayed. Martz just liked him more because he fit the offensive system that they were trying to implement. And JTO alreadyhad that experience with Martz while Hill and Smith were new to it which is very complex i might add.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Please try to bring Donovan to the Bay.

That is all.
*crosses fingers*

but i wonder what the cost would be to get him. if we don't give up too much then i'm all for it.

Props to Linehan for being a man and declining the offer instead of taking it and deep down not being full commited. (I wish my ex have more Linehan in her).

Anywho, I'm not excited about the Brown's offensive coordinator either. That team hasn't scored a touchdown since mid October. And has much as theystruggled with injuries (QB's especially) and dropped passes (Braylon Edwards), coaches still should have stepped up.

Donovan isn't leaving after the run they had. The Eagles need a #1 receiver to be competitive.

Originally Posted by acidicality

That is all.
*crosses fingers*

but i wonder what the cost would be to get him. if we don't give up too much then i'm all for it.
anyone see Q's explosion on the sideline today?
hopefully he wants to get traded. inter-conference. to SF.
nerd.gif

anquans probably mad because larry is officially the #1 receiver there.. id love boldin

philly prefers having quality wrs rather than one go to guy and bums.. but either way theyre receivers suck

Originally Posted by offbad

That is all.
*crosses fingers*

anyone see Q's explosion on the sideline today?
hopefully he wants to get traded. inter-conference. to SF.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
follow the footsteps from bryant johnson. that would bedope
smokin.gif

I doubt the Cardinals would trade Q to a division rival. I think we should just throw money at T J.

^Word.
laugh.gif

Either 715 is a fan of honesty, or a fan of men. It's too vague to tell.
laugh.gif
I'm not backing down from that comment. You have to be dense as #$@# to take what I said as the later.
laugh.gif

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/018737.html
Jagodzinski back in the fold for OC

MOBILE, AL-- Jeff Jagodzinski is back in the fold as a candidate for the 49ers' vacant offensive coordinator position. The former Boston College head coach had an impromptu meeting with general manager Scot McCloughan in the stands of the Senior Bowl here in Mobile. He is expected to meet with McCloughan and head coach Mike Singletary this evening. Both are in Mobile to scout prospects at the Senior Bowl. The National Football Post reported on Jan. 12 that Jagodzinski, 45, was a candidate for the job, but he never interviewed at the time.

jags2.jpg

Jagodzinski's resume has a lot of similarities with that of Rick Dennison, the former Broncos assistant the 49ers also interviewed for the position. Dennison was retained by the Broncos last week. Both are well-versed in the West Coast offense and in the zone-blocking rushing style perfected by former Broncos offensive line coach Alex Gibbs. Jagodzinski served as offensive coordinator in Green Bay in 2006 under Mike McCarthy before joining Boston College. He also served as offensive line coach for the Falcons from 2004-2005 under offensive coordinator Greg Knapp. In two years at Boston College, Jagodzinski compiled a 20-8 record. His reputation also is boosted by the success former B.C. quarterback Matt Ryan had as a rookie with Atlanta.

Jagodzinski reportedly interviewed for the New York Jets' head-coaching job early this year, which led to his dismissal at Boston College. The Colts' Clyde Christensen and former Browns offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski also have interviewed for the job. The fact that the 49ers are interviewing more canidates, however, is an indication that neither was deemed an exact fit with the 49ers. Meanwhile, Scott Linehan, the team's first choice for offensive coordinator, will be in Mobile to interview for the Buccaneers' offensive coordinator position.

His heart lies in the NFL, thats forsure.

L.A. stadium clears hurdle; 49ers could be targeted
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 07:27:47 PT | Recommend | Print | Share
49erswebzone.com

Pro Football Talk seems to think that the San Francisco 49ers could be one of the teams targeted by the city of Los Angeles for a possible move.

While the team struggles to get its own stadium deal done in Santa Clara, the ballot initiative that would clear the way for $150 million in infrastructure improvements relating to a new NFL stadium in the City of Industry, just outside Los Angeles, passed overwhelmingly on Tuesday.

PFT also believes that the Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams, and maybe even the Detroit Lions could be targets as well.

L.A. STADIUM CLEARS HURDLE IN A LANDSLIDE
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/21/la-stadium-clears-hurdle-in-a-landslide/ The new plans for the stadium is actually rightby my house
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson is a candidate for the 49ers' offensive coordinator position, it has been learned.

Jackson, 43, has been someone the 49ers have discussed from early in the process after coach Mike Singletary fired Mike Martz on Dec. 30. Jackson became available to pursue as a candidate for the job only after the Ravens lost Sunday in the AFC title game.

It is not known whether the 49ers will interview Jackson at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., but one league source suggested it is a strong possibility.

Jackson's name has already been linked in recent days to coordinator jobs with the Jets and Bengals.
I want no part of any more Ravens.

SON. OF. A. B-----!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

The 49ers want quarterback Alex Smith to return to the club in 2009. Smith said he wants to return. Therefore, the only thing that will keep that from happening is the 49ers' ability to work out a contract agreement with Smith's agent, Tom Condon.

After numerous conversations over the past month with people in and around the 49ers, including Smith, all signs point to the 49ers making a concerted effort to retain Smith for at least another season. Smith is signed for two more years, but his contract calls for him to earn unrealistic base salaries of $9.625 million in 2009 and $15.05 million in 2010.

Smith and his agent know that no team in the league is going to pay him that kind of money. The 49ers will want to slash Smith's salary, to be sure. But the 49ers still have every reason to want to give Smith a chance to prove whether he is capable of being a productive NFL starter. Smith is young enough to turn his career around. He turns 25 in May.

The organization is optimistic Smith, the No. 1 overall pick of the 2005 draft, will remain with the club and build on the improvements he showed during his only full season as the starter.

As a rookie in 2005, Smith completed 50.9 percent of his passes with one touchdown and 11 interceptions. As a second-year player, Smith took every snap. He completed 58.1 percent with 16 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 2006.

Smith started the first four games of the 2007 season but sustained a separated shoulder on the third play of the fourth game. He made an ill-advised attempt to return to action. He has not played in a regular-season game since Nov. 12, 2007, against the Seahawks.

Smith did not play in 2008 after sustained a small fracture to his right shoulder before the season opener. By that time, Smith had lost the starting job to J.T. O'Sullivan. Smith was placed on injured reserve on Sept. 10.

Smith has been throwing lightly the past couple weeks as part of his rehab, according to the 49ers. He appears to be on schedule to take part in full offseason activities.

Prior to the season, 49ers GM Scot McCloughan said Smith would not return to the 49ers if Smith did not head into 2009 as the starter. What McCloughan should have said is that Smith would not return to the 49ers under his current contract if he did not prove himself as the team's starter. McCloughan is solidly in Smith's corner. Mike Nolan might have had "the trigger" and selected Smith with the top pick, but McCloughan wanted Smith, too.

There is some uncertainty about the 49ers' QB situation. Coach Mike Singletary has declined to name Shaun Hill as the starter for 2009. He said he does not want to make that commitment because he is unsure if the 49ers will acquire a starting-caliber quarterback in the offseason - via free agency or the draft.

It seems unlikely Smith would win a quarterback competition against Hill, who has a 7-3 record as a starter. But if Smith remains on the team, he would ultimately get a chance to prove himself.

SON. OF. A. B-----!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

The 49ers want quarterback Alex Smith to return to the club in 2009. Smith said he wants to return. Therefore, the only thing that will keep that from happening is the 49ers' ability to work out a contract agreement with Smith's agent, Tom Condon.

After numerous conversations over the past month with people in and around the 49ers, including Smith, all signs point to the 49ers making a concerted effort to retain Smith for at least another season. Smith is signed for two more years, but his contract calls for him to earn unrealistic base salaries of $9.625 million in 2009 and $15.05 million in 2010.

Smith and his agent know that no team in the league is going to pay him that kind of money. The 49ers will want to slash Smith's salary, to be sure. But the 49ers still have every reason to want to give Smith a chance to prove whether he is capable of being a productive NFL starter. Smith is young enough to turn his career around. He turns 25 in May.

The organization is optimistic Smith, the No. 1 overall pick of the 2005 draft, will remain with the club and build on the improvements he showed during his only full season as the starter.

As a rookie in 2005, Smith completed 50.9 percent of his passes with one touchdown and 11 interceptions. As a second-year player, Smith took every snap. He completed 58.1 percent with 16 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 2006.

Smith started the first four games of the 2007 season but sustained a separated shoulder on the third play of the fourth game. He made an ill-advised attempt to return to action. He has not played in a regular-season game since Nov. 12, 2007, against the Seahawks.

Smith did not play in 2008 after sustained a small fracture to his right shoulder before the season opener. By that time, Smith had lost the starting job to J.T. O'Sullivan. Smith was placed on injured reserve on Sept. 10.

Smith has been throwing lightly the past couple weeks as part of his rehab, according to the 49ers. He appears to be on schedule to take part in full offseason activities.

Prior to the season, 49ers GM Scot McCloughan said Smith would not return to the 49ers if Smith did not head into 2009 as the starter. What McCloughan should have said is that Smith would not return to the 49ers under his current contract if he did not prove himself as the team's starter. McCloughan is solidly in Smith's corner. Mike Nolan might have had "the trigger" and selected Smith with the top pick, but McCloughan wanted Smith, too.

There is some uncertainty about the 49ers' QB situation. Coach Mike Singletary has declined to name Shaun Hill as the starter for 2009. He said he does not want to make that commitment because he is unsure if the 49ers will acquire a starting-caliber quarterback in the offseason - via free agency or the draft.
It seems unlikely Smith would win a quarterback competition against Hill, who has a 7-3 record as a starter. But if Smith remains on the team, he would ultimately get a chance to prove himself.

I honestly dont mind him coming back. We already gave him huge money so why not give him another shot? Injuries have hurt his career but he can still competefor a job IMO.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by i3allistic

I dont think Scott Linehan will be bad for the Niner ...he will use Frank Gore and that what Coach Singletary wanted...and as for Alex smith ..he did mention he willing to renegotiate his contract to stay with the team ...i still got a little bit of faith on Alex Smith because i feel bad for him with all the bull@!# he been through....we need a big NT/DT and safety ...all the offensive need can be done in later rounds ...Josh Morgan and Jason Hill step up a bit toward the end of the season at the WR position i dont think WR is a really big need, but we do need to work on the O-Line tho...
Yo Alex Smith had his chance, dude failed. He got outplayed by JTO in preseason
f4c251ce24ba7af448b2d8e7fe85f0b59840654.gif
thats BUM status right there.Plus he was STILL hurt from lthe year before. He needs to go somewhere else and get a fresh start sit on a bench and LEARN. I dont feel bad for a guy who got 24 mil to do a job and couldnt do it. We need Hill, a seasoned VET and a Project QB of the future(3rd round or later) going into next season.

As for alex smith...

Alex_Smith.jpg

I'd love to get crabtree but theres no way he drops to 10, so I'm hoping they go NT or SAFETY
I dont think he got outplayed. Martz just liked him more because he fit the offensive system that they were trying to implement. And JTO already had that experience with Martz while Hill and Smith were new to it which is very complex i might add.
couldn't have said it better myself,

SON. OF. A. B-----!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I came in here just to say this..

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom