Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Im liking all this good news about Morgan
pimp.gif

From cbssports.com's rapidreports of training camp 5 minutes ago:

49ers LT Joe Staley on the finesse left-tackle pass-blocking stereotype: "F*** that! I definitely consider myself a balanced tackle and don't shy awayfrom physical contact. I get really pumped up when they call a '70 power' my way and I can get a combo block with a guard and really tee off on aguy."

And another one from cbssports.com's rapidreports on training camp from earlier today:

49ers TE Vernon Davis on coach Mike Singletary: "He gets on me every day, and I know he's doing it to make me better. It's a blessing to have acoach like him."

I find these interesting.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-9-533/Something-to-write-about-in-49ers--QB-race.html
Something to write about in 49ers' QB race

August 5, 2009 3:17 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Take a deep breath. Exhale. Relax. Avoid reading too much into a single practice during the course of training camp.

With that out of the way, the 49ers presumably saw clear differences Wednesday between quarterback candidates Alex Smith and Shaun Hill. A few things I saw:
  • Alex Smith showed off his superior arm strength, repeatedly throwing downfield strikes for touchdowns. The fun began when Smith found Vernon Davis for a 40-yard touchdown near the left sideline with Manny Lawson close by in coverage. It's not every play you see three recent 49ers first-round choices coming together that way.
  • The play of the day -- and possibly of camp, according to those who have seen every practice -- was probably Smith's long touchdown pass to Isaac Bruce down the middle of the field. A lesser receiver might have given up on the route. Smith threw the ball high. Bruce stretched both hands high to make an overhead grab near the goal line. Beautiful.
  • Smith later found tight end Delanie Walker for a 40-yard touchdown near the right sideline, followed by a shorter touchdown pass to Davis.
  • Smith also missed Frank Gore on a short dumpoff pass. Arm strength wasn't what was needed for that throw. I caution against overanalyzing because it's possible Smith expected Gore to cut off his route earlier -- it was a hot read -- but the play was ugly either way.
  • Shaun Hill couldn't compete with the downfield throws, but he moved well to buy time and threw accurately while drifting, keeping his eyes upfield. I had the feeling Hill would have thrown the pass to Gore more accurately if given a chance to run the same play. But if you needed a deep pass, Smith would be your choice.
After practice, coach Mike Singletary said he's seeing good things from Smith. He used the word "maturity" to describe the progress. I followed up by asking for examples. Singletary pointed to body language and command of the huddle. Specifically, Singletary said he sees Smith correcting teammates after they make errors. In the past, Smith might have turned back to the coaches for guidance in that situation.

Dude can hit 40 yard passes but can't complete a dump off?
smh.gif
That's what frustrates me about Alex Smith, he can't do the simple things.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

smh.gif
the hillusions are getting to you man. did you read the article? he wasn't trying to overanalyze things but frank gore might have ran thewrong route.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

smh.gif
the hillusions are getting to you man. did you read the article? he wasn't trying to overanalyze things but frank gore might have ran the wrong route.
They're trying to cut him a break with that one. I haven't forgotten his pocket presence, dude runs around like a chicken with it'shead cut off from the slightest amount of pressure. I just don't trust him
grin.gif

smh.gif
the hillusions are getting to you man. did you read the article? he wasn't trying to overanalyze things but frank gore might have ran the wrong route.
They're trying to cut him a break with that one. I haven't forgotten his pocket presence, dude runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off from the slightest amount of pressure. I just don't trust him
grin.gif
I think anyone would, with the O-Line he had the first couple season when he was in the league
grin.gif
...give that dude a break ...dude improving

smh.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Lets go out and sign Vick I'm sure he can start day 1!
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Sounds like a plan to me, at least Vick can complete a 5 yard pass, unlike your boy Alex Smith.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Lets go out and sign Vick I'm sure he can start day 1!
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Sounds like a plan to me, at least Vick can complete a 5 yard pass, unlike your boy Alex Smith.
Alex Smith will prove you wrong.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/source-parker-tells-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

eek.gif
mad.gif

%*$$*@* PRICK.
I personally didn't like the crabtree pick at all when it happened, but we wasted a %*$$*@* top 10 pick on him, and he is most likely going to re enter thedraft?
What the hell?
the 9ers go another year w/o a 1st round pick?
He could have at least been a decent fit in the slot receiver spot and maybe he could have been able to put up some points for us.
tired.gif

sick.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/source-parker-tells-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

I wasn't really worried about Crabtree holding out because I didn't think he was gonna make a big impact this year anyway but his agent isa damn fool if he plans on getting him to sit out the season. I think despite all the talk he'll be signed by the third preseason game.

Btw, for everybody being late to jump on the JM bus. Check the sig. I'm driving it.
laugh.gif

The thought of this happening just shows you want kind of a person he is. With that benig said I have hope that both side can come to a deal. From the start Iwas always a fan of drafting him but when you hear thinks like think you wonder how important the game really is to him.

Originally Posted by LB510

The thought of this happening just shows you want kind of a person he is. With that benig said I have hope that both side can come to a deal. From the start I was always a fan of drafting him but when you hear thinks like think you wonder how important the game really is to him.
yeah TO 2.0

Back
Top Bottom