Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Lets go out and sign Vick I'm sure he can start day 1!
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Sounds like a plan to me, at least Vick can complete a 5 yard pass, unlike your boy Alex Smith.
Alex Smith will prove you wrong.

Seeing how he's done that so many times over the years
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
I highly doubt that will be the case. If anything Alex Smith has yet to proveme wrong, only right.

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

Originally Posted by LB510

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/source-parker-tells-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

The thought of this happening just shows you want kind of a person he is. With that benig said I have hope that both side can come to a deal. From the start I was always a fan of drafting him but when you hear thinks like think you wonder how important the game really is to him.
yeah TO 2.0

Only time will tell
eyes.gif

Barrows: "Vernon Davis got in a scuffle with Marques Harris, which caused the whole team to run gassers."

ay caramba, not again
Was hoping VD would stay outta trouble, but I'm not surprised. At least Singletary pushing/punishing them as a team, I like that.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Barrows: "Vernon Davis got in a scuffle with Marques Harris, which caused the whole team to run gassers."

ay caramba, not again
Was hoping VD would stay outta trouble, but I'm not surprised. At least Singletary pushing/punishing them as a team, I like that.

bootcamp
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Its all talk, I dont know why yall are worried about him sitting out the season. It wont happen.

I think the 9ers leaked this out to make crabtree look bad and encourage him to sign faster. None of this really matters tho, stuff like this goes on all thetime. It'll prolly get worse before Crabtree signs anyway. He'll be signed before the regular season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/source-parker-tells-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

The thought of this happening just shows you want kind of a person he is. With that benig said I have hope that both side can come to a deal. From the start I was always a fan of drafting him but when you hear thinks like think you wonder how important the game really is to him.
yeah TO 2.0

eyes.gif

dude will be lucky to have the type of career Javon Walker has had let alone be anything close to TO

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

yeah TO 2.0

eyes.gif

dude will be lucky to have the type of career Javon Walker has had let alone be anything close to TO

in terms of being a drama queen
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Its all talk, I dont know why yall are worried about him sitting out the season. It wont happen.

I think the 9ers leaked this out to make crabtree look bad and encourage him to sign faster. None of this really matters tho, stuff like this goes on all the time. It'll prolly get worse before Crabtree signs anyway. He'll be signed before the regular season.
That would be unprofessional and will severely worsen the relationship if the niners did that. He'll be in a niner uniform this year. I dontknow why people are freakin out when only a few of the first 12 picks have been signed so far. Also crabtrees agent is Tyson Jacksons (#3pick) agent who isalso unsigned. This agent is an idiot. Once Ty Jackson gets signed, more dominos will start to fall

1. Lions, QB Matthew Stafford, Signed April 25
6 yrs, $72 million, $41.7M guaranteed

2. Rams, OT Jason Smith, Signed July 30
5 yrs, $62 million, $33M guaranteed

3. Chiefs, DE Tyson Jackson, Unsigned (camp opened July 31)

4. Seahawks, LB Aaron Curry, Unsigned (camp opened July 30)

5. Jets, QB Mark Sanchez, Signed June 11
5 yrs, $44.5-60 million, $28M guaranteed

6. Bengals, OT Andre Smith, Unsigned (camp opened July 30)

7. Raiders, WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Signed July 30
6 yrs (voidable to 5 yrs), $38.25-$54 million, $23.5M guaranteed

8. Jaguars, OT Eugene Monroe, Unsigned (camp opened Aug. 2)

9. Packers, DT B.J. Raji, Unsigned (camp opened July 31)

10. 49ers, WR Michael Crabtree, Unsigned (camp opened July 28)

11. Bills, LB Aaron Maybin, Unsigned (camp opened July 25)

12. Broncos, RB Knowshon Moreno, Unsigned (camp opened July 27)

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

yeah TO 2.0

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

dude doesnt compare to TO in anyway even his drama queen skills arent up to par

QFT, if he sat out the season he'd most likely get less money then he'd getwith the niners next year, i.e. matt leinart not coming out (ended up with Alex Smith that yr
indifferent.gif
) also because of the fact that character is everything in the NFL, thiswould just add to the previous rumors that he was a premadonna leading to the Jets passing on him. He'd probably end up falling to the middle of the firstround. He needs to sign so Sing can knock some sense into this guy.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gusyouout

ay caramba, not again

Wow he was even quoted in an article saying that he had a better hold on his temper. Fail.
laugh.gif

DontStepOnMyShoes wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nb...ree-will-re-enter-draft/ href="http://niketalk.com/topic/Per a lea... unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants." target=_blank>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lls-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

yeah TO 2.0

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

You just had to group Javon Walker and queen into the same conversation
laugh.gif

If Michael Crabtree is T.O. 2.0 I will be extremely happy. Maybe some of you aren't old enough or haven't been Niners fans for long enough to rememberthat TO gave us some of the greatest moments in franchise history (yeah I pulled that card).

The media loves to feed the gossip girls out there hyped up stories about "flawed characters" in sports. They get good ratings for ESPN and AMsports radio, and that's because people buy into it. Please relax. When Michael Crabtree hits a woman or tries to pick up money off of a strip clubfloor, then you can make judgements about his character.

If Michael Crabtree is T.O. 2.0 I will be extremely happy. Maybe some of you aren't old enough or haven't been Niners fans for long enough to remember that TO gave us some of the greatest moments in franchise history (yeah I pulled that card).
what? i dont think anyone is that young?

I was looking into the other unsigned first round picks, are any of them holding out? Are they in camp? or at least present? I think the media is blowing itup, after all his cousin...oops i mean "advisor" leaked this info about him sitting out, his agent hasn't confirmed this either has Crabtree.

I never really understood why we signed him anyways. He isnt a standout WR. We have 2 blossoming young WRs (Morgan and Hill), a consistant vet (Bruce), and asolid 3rd or 4th WR in Battle. Then you can factor in Crabtree. I really didnt understand the Jones signing, and really am not losing sleep over his injury.

i never understood why players decide to hold out. get paid and then worry about raises. it's not "i'm gonna NOT get paid, and NOT play. that willshow them" crabtree obviously did not spend his time well while in college. well, it WAS texas.
besides, you end up looking prickish and the veterans will want to push you around more. "look at this noob. he was so scarred of playing against us thathe decided to "hold out". what a little newb lets pwn him!"

Back
Top Bottom