Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

now if only the niners had taken desean last year. is balmer a bum? i heard he at least practices hard. i guess rachal wasn't a bad pick, but man, liningup jackson and crabtree, with old man bruce to show them the ropes? it's not fitzy boldin but it'd still be raw

the hop off the line will be the first thing deaded in training camp, i don't see him having any problems with jams

mike nolan gets an eternal
indifferent.gif
for not drafting desean

Its gonna be an all out competition with:
MRob
Clayton
Coffee
Sheets
I gotta believe Clayton is gonna get cut. I could be wrong but hasnt he always been stuck on the practice squad. I think him and sheets are gonnabe fighting for the last RB slot

I think Crabby needs to polish up his route running ability. Most of those catches were from the spread formation, he has decent speed, unless another receiversteps up, secondaries can key in on him on defense especially if they shut down our run. Only thing that is sketchy is his hop off the line (which should beeliminated as flash said) hopefully Bruce can work his magic in that dept. Seems like he could be a pretty solid run blocker too. Nice vid btw.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

MRob
Clayton
Coffee
Sheets
I gotta believe Clayton is gonna get cut. I could be wrong but hasnt he always been stuck on the practice squad. I think him and sheets are gonna be fighting for the last RB slot

Clayton will get cut. It'll be Gore/Coffee/Sheets at RB and Norris/MRob at FB. Mrob is a special teamer so I don't think he'll getcut.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

MRob
Clayton
Coffee
Sheets
I gotta believe Clayton is gonna get cut. I could be wrong but hasnt he always been stuck on the practice squad. I think him and sheets are gonna be fighting for the last RB slot
Clayton will get cut. It'll be Gore/Coffee/Sheets at RB and Norris/MRob at FB. Mrob is a special teamer so I don't think he'll get cut.

Does Clayton need to be cut? I'm sure he'll be back on the practice squad, too bad he has no trade value
laugh.gif

eek.gif
@ that running back rotation, the 3 headed beasts - that all include:speed, power, vision, etc.
smokin.gif
(I just hope raye / sing utilizes themproperly and don't get predictable)

MRob has been with the squad for what 3 years? He's been underused since the day he got here ... and honestly I don't like him so much
laugh.gif

[h5]April 30, 2009[/h5]
Rookies arrive today

The 49ers' draft class has arrived in Santa Clara. Their itinerary includes a physical, a tour of the facilities, a chat with coach Mike Singletary, a rookie dinner and, most importantly, their first media grilling. We spoke to a lot of the players over the phone after they were drafted, but I'll be posting any interesting comments/observations, etc. as the afternoon proceeds. One of the players we haven't spoken with is Ricky Jean-Francois, heretofore RJF. I hear he's a good quote. We shall see ...

First up was Nate Davis, who reiterated that he didn't think he would have an issue picking up the 49ers playbook. Davis said he had a problem reading and writing. The playbook is mostly Xs and Os. "I'm a very visual learner. Reading the playbook -- there's a lot of pictures, so ..." Davis said it took a half a year to pick up the playbook at Ball State but probably a year and a half to really learn it. He said he ran a digit-system offense in high school but not college. Asked to compare himself to an NFL player, Davis aimed high. He likened himself to Donovan McNabb, who, if memory serves, didn't have the highest Wonderlic score in the world, either.

Next was running back Glen Coffee, who said he preferred to play in the NFL at around 218-220 pounds. "They seem to be ok with it," the 209-pound Coffee said of the 49ers coaches. "I feel it will complement my running style." What style is that? "Hard-nosed, one-step, one-cut runner. ... I don't like negative plays." Perfect. Neither do your coaches.

Michael Crabtree also stepped behind the microphone. Like the other rookies, Crabtree had just returned from a physical, and he joked that it felt like he had had 35 physicals in the last couple of weeks. The 49ers also gave him a physical when he visited prior to the draft. The most recent physical, Crabtree said, will help trainers set a timetable for when he can return to the field. The receiver will be limited to mental reps at this weekend's rookie minicamp. The fashion-minded Crabtree was decked out in Air Jordan shoes, Air Jordan shorts and Air Jordan warm-up jacket. I'm sure Reebok is drafting a strongly worded letter in response. ... There's no debating that Crabtree had excellent hands at Texas Tech. But they're not particularly big mitts. According to NFL.com, Crabtree's hands measure 9 1/4 inches, which means they're smaller than Alex Smith's.
sick.gif

After Crabtree was linebacker Scott McKillop. What a diva! Just kidding -- McKillop is about as down to earth as they come. He's definitely not physically imposing. The 49ers are wondering if he has the toughness to play the "Ted" linebacker position. The coaches will be happy to know that McKillop already took a sneak peek at what the Ted and "Mike" linebackers do in the San Francisco system, and he plans on starting a cramming session when he gets to the hotel tonight. McCkillop also seemed smitten with Patrick Willis, whom he remembers watching when WIllis was playing with that club on his hand at Ole Miss. In a perfect world, McKillop will be playing alongside Willis for the next decade or so. (Once Takeo Spikes moves on). "I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to meet Patrick WIllis," McKillop said. "I'm pretty excited about that."

To give you some insight into tight end Bear Pascoe, I'll describe how he began his interview. First he shook hands (mine still hurts) with each of the beatwriters. Then he set aside the hat and sunglasses he was wearning and the toothpick he was gnawing on before proceding. In other words, Pascoe is truly old school. You also could describe Pascoe as a rule changer. During his college career, he blocked six kicks, three of them when the player behind him gave him a boost. Pascoe estimated the assistance gave him an extra 10 inches or so on his vertical jump. The NCAA has since prohibited that practice. Pascoe said he has already spoken with Mike Singletary and the coach has said he'll make his mark this year as a blocking tight end.

Now RJF ... Wow. Someone else already has written this but I will triple underscore it: I can't wait for the first time Vernon Davis has to block Ricky Jean-Francois. Francois today described himself as someone who speaks his mind -- in the interview room, in the locker room, on the field. "If there's something that needs to be heard, I'm not going to bite my tongue. I'm a straight-forward person," Jean-Francois said. Having said that, Jean-Francois admits that that trait has rubbed people the wrong way in the past. It was also topic No. 1 when he was conducting pre-draft interviews with teams, and he said that his reputation is what sunk his draft status

I asked him if he likes to get under his opponent's skin on the field. "I got to. I love doing that on the field. I like to get under the skin, even if it's the opponent's team's coaches. If I can get close to the sideline, you're going to hear my mouth close to the sideline. It happened on and off the field. But now, coming to another level, I have to learn how to control that. I've got to learn how to change certain things about myself."

Asked if he feels he has something to prove to the teams that passed over him on draft day, RJF said, "I've got a lot to prove ... teams passing me by, I've got a lot to prove. One thing I want to prove is all the rumors that were out on blog sites that some people told some NFL coaches ... about my personality. The first thing I want to prove is my personality. Plus, when I need to talk and when I don't need to talk. When I need to sit down and when I need to listen straight forward and learn how to take advice from veterans, learn how to take advice from coaches, position coaches, trainers, anything."

Rounding out the interviews was RJF's LSU teammate Curtis Taylor, who said he didn't hear much from Jean-Francois on the field. "I'm in back of him, so I really don't know what he said ... He's a good guy, though," Taylor said. Taylor is a big safety with long arms, and I wonder if the 49ers see him as a strong safety. Taylor played free safety for the Tigers, but he said the safety spots were interchangeable as they are with the 49ers. Taylor seemed like a nice, personable guy. Like all the other picks, he's also maddeningly young (or maybe I'm getting maddeningly old). Asked about the greatest safety of all, Ronnie Lott, Taylor admitted he didn't know much: "I've seen him on ESPN Classic," said. "... I've heard a lot of stories about him." Kids these days ...

-- Matt Barrows

[h2][/h2]
[h2]49ERS[/h2] [h1]Niners sign former Chargers linebacker Harris[/h1] [h3]San Francisco also signs 12 undrafted rookie free agents[/h3]

SANTA CLARA - The San Francisco 49ers have signed linebacker Marques Harris to a one-year contract.

Harris spent his first four seasons with San Diego before signing with San Francisco on Thursday. He played in 56 games for the Chargers, getting eight sacks, four fumble recoveries and forcing three fumbles.

The Niners also signed 12 undrafted rookie free agents before the start of minicamp Friday.

The team signed Ohio State offensive lineman Alex Boone, Bowling Green linebacker Diyral Biggs, Gardner-Webb receiver Dobson Collins, Stanford defensive lineman Pannel Egboh, Baylor quarterback Kirby Freeman, Wyoming guard Kyle Howard, South Florida offensive lineman Matthew Huners, Notre Dame cornerback Terrail Lambert, East Carolina defensive end Khalif Mitchell, Purdue running back Kory Sheets, South Carolina cornerback Carlos Thomas, and Georgia Tech cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels.

Player Bios:

[h2]49ers formally announce signings of undrafted free agents[/h2]
Posted by Dan Brown on April 30th, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Categorized as Uncategorized

At long last, this is the official list of the undrafted free agents who have signed with the 49ers …

2009 Undrafted Free Agents
(full bios below)

OT Alex Boone, Ohio State
LB Diyral Biggs, Bowling Green
WR Dobson Collins, Gardner-Webb
DE Pannel Egboh, Stanford
QB Kirby Freeman, Baylor
G Kyle Howard, Wyoming
G/C Matthew Huners, South Florida
CB Terrail Lambert, Notre Dame
DE Khalif Mitchell, East Carolina
RB Kory Sheets, Purdue
CB Carlos Thomas, South Carolina
CB Jahi Word-Daniels, Georgia Tech

And remember - you heard it here last. I spent the day fighting with my laptop (the laptop won), but now I'm back at the home office.

The 49ers' media relations staff also provided capsules, so I'm passing them along here. They were written by the team, not me:

Undrafted Free Agent Bios

ALEX BOONE

Tackle

Height: 6-7 Weight: 328

College: Ohio State

A two-time All-Big 10 selection during his four-year career at Ohio State, played in 46 games (35 starts) since his freshman campaign in 2005. Started 22 games at LT for the Buckeyes, earning All-America honors as a senior. A two-time All-Ohio selection, was a three-year starter at St. Edward (OH) HS. Also competed in shot and discus and played basketball for a year. His uncle, Ed, played football at Penn State. Enjoys hunting and playing golf. Born 05/04/87 in Lakewood, OH.

DIYRAL BRIGGS

Linebacker

Height: 6-4 Weight: 230

College: Bowling Green

A two-time All-MAC selection (2007-08) and MAC Player of the Year (2006), played in 47 games (27 starts) and finished his career with 221 tackles, 36 TFLs, 26 sacks, 5 FR, 4 PD and 1 FF. In 2008, led the MAC in sacks (9.5) and recorded 60 tackles, 13.5 TFLs, 1 PD, 1 FF and 1 FR. In 2007, registered 54 tackles (15 solo), 7.0 TFLs, 5.0 sacks and 2 PD. A two-time all-league choice, played at Mt. Healthy (OH) HS, where he tallied 16 career sacks on defense and 12 TDs on offense as the team's captain. Also lettered in basketball, averaging 15 pts. per game his senior season. Majored in sports management. Born 10/31/85 in Mt. Healthy, OH.

DOBSON COLLINS

Wide Receiver

Height: 6-2 Weight: 178

College: Gardner-Webb

A two-time All-Big South selection, played in 42 games (22 starts) and totaled 143 receptions for 1,745 yds. and 14 TDs. In 2008, tallied 76 receptions for 937 yds. and 10 TDs, while contributing in the return game with 14 punt returns for 136 yds. Amassed 51 receptions for 649 yds. and 3 TDs, as junior. Also competed in track and field, holding the school record in the 55, 60 and 110 meter hurdles. Ran the 100-meter dash in 10.7 seconds. Attended Stone Mountain (GA) HS, where he totaled 21 receptions for 332 yds. and 2 TDs during his senior season. Born 7/12/87 in Stone Mountain, GA.

PANNEL EGBOH
Defensive End

Height: 6-6 Weight: 276
College: Stanford

A three-year starter, played 40 games (35 starts) and totaled 140 tackles, 25.0 TFLs, 10 sacks, 3 PD, 3 FF and 3 FR. Recorded 31 tackles, 3.5 TFLs, 1.5 sacks and a FR, as a senior. Had his best season in 2007, registering 49 tackles, 6 sacks, 3 FF and 2 FR. Played his first season of football as a senior at North Mesquite (TX) HS, finishing with 54 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 3 FR and 3 blocked field goals on his way to All-Southwest team honors. Played basketball for two years and earned all-state academic honors. Earned a degree in management science and engineering. Born 03/23/86 in Mesquite, TX.

KIRBY FREEMAN

Quarterback
Height: 6-3 Weight: 210

College: Baylor

Transferred to Baylor after playing three years for the Miami Hurricanes. In his 27-game career (8 starts), passed for 1,360 yds. and 13 TDs, completing 46.7 percent of attempts. In his senior season with the Bears, played in 3 games (1 start) and threw for 49 yds. and 1 TD on 6 of 13 passing. In 2007, played 7 games (3 starts), completing 18 of 58 passes for 256 yards with 3 TDs. As a senior, at Brownwood (TX) HS, passed for 1,454 yds. and 10 TDs, gaining 956 rushing yds. for 10 TDs. Earned his degree in sports administration at Miami (FL), graduating in his redshirt junior year before leaving for Baylor. Majored in sports pedagogy. Born 03/28/85 in Abilene, TX.

KYLE HOWARD

Guard

Height: 6-7 Weight: 312

College: Wyoming

A three-year starter, played in 43 games (40 starts). In 2008, started all 13 games, 12 at RG and 1 at RT. In 2007, shifted over to RT from LG, starting all 12 games. Earned all-conference, all-region and all-city honors at Coronado (CO) HS, as a senior. Named most valuable lineman in his junior and senior seasons, while also earning all-conference and all-city honors in basketball. Father, competed in track and field at Oregon. Majored in physical and health education teaching. Born 5/13/86 in Colorado Springs, CO.

MATTHEW HUNERS

Guard/Center

Height: 6-3 Weight: 290

College: South Florida

A three-year starter, played 34 games with 27 starts. In 2008, started in 12 of 13 games, garnering an All-Big East. Suffered a torn ACL in 2007, but remarkably recovered to play in 3 games and was given the USF Coaches Award for his amazing recovery. An all-county selection at Palm Harbor University (FL) HS, was a three-time offensive line MVP, not allowing a sack during his junior and senior seasons. Born 10/15/85 in Dunedin, FL. Full name: Matthew Allen Huners.

TERRAIL LAMBERT
Defensive Back

Height: 5-11 Weight: 195

College: Notre Dame

A three-year starter, played in 48 games (30 starts) posting 115 tackles, 1.5 TFLs, 0.5 sacks, 6 PD, 4 INTs, 1 FF and 1 FR. During his senior season, played in 11 games (8 starts), recording 33 tackles and 4 PD. In 2007, started all 12 games and posted 34 tackles and 1 INT. An all-state selection as a defensive back, played five positions (RB, DE, LB, S, CB) at St. Bonaventure (CA) HS. In his senior year, tallied 87 tackles and 3 INTs, while rushing 13 times for 133 yds and 2 TDs. Also ran track.. Earned a degree in film, television and theatre and is currently enrolled in graduate studies program. Born 12/01/85 in Los Angeles, CA. Full name: Terrail Lamar Lambert.

KHALIF MITCHELL

Defensive End

Height: 6-5 Weight: 318

College: East Carolina

Spent his first two seasons at North Carolina, totaling 28 tackles as a part-time starter before transferring to East Carolina. After sitting out the 2006 season, played in 11 games (6 starts) and earned honorable mention All-Conference USA after recording 19 tackles, 5.5 TFLs and 2 sacks. As a senior, posted 16 tackles, 3 TFLs and 1 sack in 7 games (4 starts). Attended Hargrave Military Academy and helped lead the team to an 8-1 record. Started at DE and TE at First Colonial (VA) HS, playing football for just two seasons after moving to Virginia from New Jersey. Also lettered in track, competing in the shot put and discus. Majored in communications. Born 04/07/85 in Virginia Beach, VA. Full name is Khalif Quadree Mitchell.

KORY SHEETS

Running Back

Height: 5-11 Weight: 208

College: Purdue

A four-year letterman at Purdue, ranks 2nd in school history behind Mike Alstott with 3,341 rushing yds. and 664 carries. Holds the school record for career rushing TDs (48), a total ranked 5th all-time in the Big Ten history. A 2008 All-Big Ten honorable mention, finished with 1,131 rushing yds. for a school record 16 TDs. Totaled 1,643 all-purpose yards that season, ranking 6th in school history. Ran for 859 yds. and 11 TDs on 168 carries with 30 receptions for 216 yds. and a pair of scores in his junior season. Was an All-Conference selection as a senior at Bloomfield (CT) HS, leading the team to a state championship that year, while also garnering all-state recognition in track and field. Majored in organizational leadership and supervision. Mother, Krystal, participated in track and field at Morgan State. Born on 03/31/85 in Manchester, CT. Full name is Kory Gerren Sheets

CARLOS THOMAS

Cornerback

Height: 5-11 Weight: 197

College: South Carolina

A four-year letterman, played in 48 games (25 starts), recording 59 tackles, 2.5 TFLs, 12 PD and 6 INTs. In 2008, played in 13 games (5 starts), registering 14 tackles, 1.5 TFLs, 5 PD and 3 INTs. In 2007, played in 13 games (10 starts), tallying 27 tackles and 2 INTs. An all-state selection in 2004 at Bannekar (GA) HS, recorded 30 tackles and 4 INTs. Also ran for over 1,000 yds. along with 9 TDs, as well as recording in 20 receptions for 411 yds. and 5 TDs. Majored in African American studies. Brother, Levon, played WR in the NFL. Born 05/01/87 in College Park, GA.

JAHI WORD-DANIELS

Cornerback
Height: 6-0 Weight: 194
College: Georgia Tech
Played in 42 games (25 starts), recording 124 tackles, 7 TFLs, 23 PD, and 5 INTs. In 2008, started every game he played, finishing with 24 tackles, 3.5 TFLs, 2 PD and 1 INT. Enjoyed most productive season in 2007, starting all 13 games and registering 56 tackles, 2.5 TFLs, 8 PD and 2 INTs. An all-state selection at Hoover (AL) HS, tallied 7 INTs and 2 blocked punts, as a senior. Majored in management. Born 11/19/86 in Hoover, AL.

& I been wondering what happened to Brandon Long (who I liked):
mad.gif

Michigan State defensive end Brandon Long is not on that list. Long apparently failed his physical.

they need to cut michael robinson, dude a bum...i dont care if he play well in special team...we paying to much for a special team player ...his running suck..keep clayton and drop robinson...save us some $$

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

MRob
Clayton
Coffee
Sheets
Clayton will get cut. It'll be Gore/Coffee/Sheets at RB and Norris/MRob at FB. Mrob is a special teamer so I don't think he'll get cut.

Mrob is the Special teams captain he's not going anywhere. I dont get the hate for him though.

2008 Season (updated weekly):
• Serves as the team's third running back and was named the team's special teams captain.
• Recorded first rushing attempt and first reception vs. Philadelphia (10-12). Was used in the second quarter as a pitch-man on an option play with RB Frank Gore, who received Robinson's lateral for a four-yard gain. Saw time at fullback vs. Philadelphia (10-12) when starter Zak Keasey left the game in the second quarter with a right biceps injury and didn't return.
• Recorded second career start, and his first at fullback, at New York Giants (10-19) in place of Zak Keasey who was placed on injured reserve. Recorded two catches for 26 yards while also lining up as a quarterback in a shotgun formation next to RB Frank Gore, whom he handed off to.
• Handled kickoff return duties vs. Seattle (10-26) in the second half after KR/PR Allen Rossum left the game with a hamstring injury. Also caught two passes for 14 yards and rushed three times for nine yards.
• Saw action as a running back, fullback, quarterback and on special teams at Arizona (11-10), rushing three times for eight yards. Paved the way for KR/PR Allen Rossum's opening 104-yard kick return for a touchdown by setting two key blocks.
• Caught two passes for a career-high 54 yards vs. St. Louis (11-16), including a 36-yard reception that he took down to the one-yard line that set up QB Shaun Hill's touchdown in the second quarter. Also rushed three times for 11 yards.

Dude is way too versatile to get cut.

[h3]The future of Julius Peppers[/h3]
Julius Peppers | Panthers

Via Pro Football Talk, we learn that Julius Peppers will reportedly skip minicamp.

While players do somewhat regularly skip minicamp, the fact that Peppers has made it known repeatedly he'd like out of Carolina, coupled with the fact that the Panthers drafted DE Everette Brown last week, makes it another move in the ongoing drama between arguably the league's freakiest athlete and his career-long squad.

So, where to?

The Pats keep getting floated, but it's nearly impossible logistically for that to happen.

An interesting point is made here, in that while the 49ers will probably stay out of the remaining big-time 'I wanna be traded' guys, Peppers would be a good fit there for a few reasons: salary cap, and the familiarity of the GMs with each other.

It should be noted that Peppers held out of minicamp in the 2007 season as well.

This might not be possible logistically either, but Patrick Kerney is a little banged up for the Seahawks, so perhaps that team would be interested in a fierce DE as it enters a psuedo-rebuilding period with Jim Mora.

McCloughlin has said there hasnt been any talks with Peppers or Tuggs. Take it for what its worth. But Im not sure were on Peppers list of 4 teams he wants togo to, and we would have to give up one of next years first rounders and more if we ended up trading for him

[h5]May 1, 2009[/h5]
Tidbits from the opening day of minicamp

Here's the full list of all the veterans who took part in the opening day of the rookie minicamp Friday. A few of the guys who jumped out to me were Dashon Goldson, Kentwan Balmer and Josh Morgan. Goldson goes into training camp as the starter at free safety, but it never hurts to get additional practice at one of the most mentally demanding positions on the field. Balmer didn't wow anybody as a rookie and needs to hold off newcomers Demetric Evans and, perhaps, Ricky Jean-Francois for playing time. Morgan, meanwhile, will have a hard time fending off top draft pick Michael Crabtree for the right to be the starting X receiver. The other vets:

S Lewis Baker, OT Jacob Bender, WR Mark Bradford LB Ahmad Brooks, LB Marques Harris, WR Jason Hill, QB Shaun Hill, CB Marcus Hudson, FB Zak Keasey, LB Jay Moore, WR Maurice Price, G Chilo Rachal, LB Justin Roland, QB Alex Smith, CB Reggie Smith, WR Michael Spurlock, OT Joe Toledo, TE Delanie Walker, C Cody Wallace, LB Mark Washington, S Jimmy Williams, WR Dominique Zeigler

Some observations:

Smith and Hill shared all the snaps. Hill was given the first snaps. Damon Huard is not attending the minicamp. Nate Davis was nursing what appeared to be a hamstring strain. Smith's passes had nice zip, though some were off target. His best pass was a frozen rope to Spurlock down the middle of the field.

Reggie Smith is still at safety. With Michael Lewis absent, Smith was the de facto strong safety while Goldson was the free safety. Seventh-round draft pick Curtis Taylor was playing free safety. Newcomer Jimmy Williams was behind Smith at strong safety. Williams is so big, you wonder if he could play linebacker.

Where did the other rookies play? Scott McKillop was at "Ted" opposite Justin Roland, who was running the defense from the "Mike" position. Glen Coffee was in a rotation at running back along with Thomas Clayton and Kory Sheets. Tight end Bear Pascoe caught a couple of passes and looked good. Ricky Jean-Francois played exclusively at right defensive end while Pannel Egboh lined up on the left. Undrafted rookie Khalif Mitchell (6-5, 318 pounds) played nose tackle. Michael Crabtree was on a stationary bike.

Undrafted cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels picked off a Smith-to-Morgan sideline pass that hung up in the air. Word-Daniels later left practice with a calf cramp.

Cal linebacker Worrell Williams was at camp today on a try-out basis. Williams, however, is hurt and did not work out. No word yet on the injury.

Joe Staley watched practice in street clothes. As Shaun Hill said earlier in the day, when veterans show up at the rookie minicamp it shows good leadership. Staley's a good example.
-- Matt Barrows

Some pics:
4f4eded8871f60622786727adba1d49e-getty-86280687jj035_san_francisco.jpg
eba633345846e563038062e238af9a7a-getty-86280687jj036_san_francisco.jpg
(RJF)
aea38ccea7b8c2b69825dddb84ee7849-getty-86280687jj053_san_francisco.jpg

9c9871f9f8d3f461c5ad20f0e674c3b1-getty-86280687jj012_san_francisco.jpg
42f5edcf260f16e7f72d55b5fb5a614a-getty-86280687jj029_san_francisco.jpg
877b120b271cb4dc95a2f2e0ae50dbb8-getty-86280687jj025_san_francisco.jpg
9ae5360c483b4e0bc6b0954ea15dbb55-getty-86280687jj011_san_francisco.jpg

capt.c286d9cc2218450094acbfc87ac8b1ed.49ers_camp_football_caps109.jpg

i'm gonna be pulling for alex smith this year. i hope he can stay healthy and really prove everyone wrong (including me)

I don't like Alex Smith either, but if he can win the job and clearly prove to outperform Shaun Hill during training camp/preseason, I'd love to givehim a shot, especially since Nolan is gone now. If he can revert and start building on what he showed when Norv Turner was here, he might still have a chance(to be a very solid starter)

Well this is it for Smith...hope he gets it done too...I mean the players around him weren't good at all...now he has a nice nucleus...depth at RB..he jusneeds to stay upright and don't hold on the ball too damn long...I also like Sheets more than I do Coffee...he's more versatile and is a very goodrunner...had he had a better O-line blocking for him, he woulda had at least 1400 yds his Sr. Season...Davis needs to step it up this yr...Man I wish I had theNFL Network

Back
Top Bottom