Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by bright nikes

lets be completely honest here - the 49ers will be picking top 10 again next year ... i'm sure another player with Crabtree's ability will pop up, they always do, WRs can be easily found.
A. The 49ers will not be picking top 10 next yr. They're gonna win the division. The 9ers were one play away from winning the division thisyear.
eyes.gif
and lets be real the cardinals aren't gonna win the divisionagain because no superbowl losers ever make the playoffs the next yr. (Patriots, Bears...)The Seahawks are really the only competition next season, but i thinktheir horrendous play last yr. will weigh them down enough for us to beat them.

B. can you name a reciever that was as complete of a package as Crabtree from last yrs draft???
I sure as hell can't.

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

lets be completely honest here - the 49ers will be picking top 10 again next year ... i'm sure another player with Crabtree's ability will pop up, they always do, WRs can be easily found.
A. The 49ers will not be picking top 10 next yr. They're gonna win the division. The 9ers were one play away from winning the division this year.
eyes.gif
and lets be real the cardinals aren't gonna win the division again because no superbowl losers ever make the playoffs the next yr. (Patriots, Bears...)The Seahawks are really the only competition next season, but i think their horrendous play last yr. will weigh them down enough for us to beat them.
oh lord....get a grip

A. The 49ers will not be picking top 10 next yr. They're gonna win the division. The 9ers were one play away from winning the division this year.
eyes.gif
and lets be real the cardinals aren't gonna win the division again because no superbowl losers ever make the playoffs the next yr. (Patriots, Bears...)The Seahawks are really the only competition next season, but i think their horrendous play last yr. will weigh them down enough for us to beat them.

B. can you name a reciever that was as complete of a package as Crabtree from last yrs draft???
I sure as hell can't.

seriously put the pipe down fam.

[h2]More on Bliss Raji[/h2]
It's possible Boston College defensive tackle and 49ers Insider blog favorite B.J. Raji could fall to no. 10, but only if there are questions about his character and a positive test for weed would certainly raise the character question. It seems the 49ers, and specifically, Mike Singletary, are almost eager to draft a slightly troubled player, which may be behind their intense interest in Alabama tackle Andre Smith.

rey193x275.jpg

Rey Maualuga

The suspension for the Sugar Bowl, the weird AWOL deal at the end of the combine and the persistent weight issues put plenty on Singletary's plate so to speak when considering Smith. Even though Smith has said he would be willing to play right tackle, taking him at 10 would be a mistake. Weight is the one issue that can derail a first-round tackle.

As one of you said, there are plenty of fine players available at 10 without potential character and weight issues. The 49ers don't need to take such a risk particularly with so many other needs. The team would be better off with Michael Oher than Smith. Oher might not possess Smith's run-blocking ability, but he's still developing and he's Smith's equal in terms of size and athleticism without the character risk.

Colleague John Crumpacker published a list Friday of other players of interest for the 49ers. The team has already had a visit from Smith, Oher, Mark Sanchez, Michael Crabtree, Josh Freeman and now USC linebacker Rey Maualuga and Penn State outside linebacker Aaron Maybin. The last two have either visited or will visit.

Maualuga's intriguing with his ability to play just about anywhere. During Senior Bowl practices, he dodged right past fullbacks and running backs in a pass-rush drill. Maualuga can also play inside linebacker and could give the 49ers a dynamic presence on the inside with Patrick Willis.

Maybin, is of course, a pass rush guy and the only one the 49ers have brought in. Interestingly, he was benched to start the Rose Bowl for unknown reasons. He had 12 sacks last year, and is simply a pass rusher. At 249 pounds, and with slender hips, scouts don't expect him to add much weight, and he might not have the chops to play the run and set the edge.

NFL draftscout.com compared him to Parys Haralson, although Haralson can set the edge.

The 49ers have also looked at a couple of running backs, Tennessee's Arian Foster and Purdue's Kory Sheets. Two locals, Cal inside linebacker Worrell Williams and the constantly intriguing Jarron Gilbert, the San Jose State defensive end,will get prolonged looks.

Gilbert has more measurables than a 1950's pin-up girl, but there's wide discussion on whether he has the mentality to play defense. With his long arms and athleticism, there's even been the thought of planting him at offensive tackle.

Williams could be a special teams wild man and possibly at ted linebacker if he makes big strides.

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

eyes.gif
oh lord....get a grip

Cant a %+%%+ dream
laugh.gif
BTW anyone here going to the 9ers draft party? theyre gonna release the new uniforms there. [crosses fingers]

FYI: the nfl schedules are coming out today. @ 4 pm pacific

The Niners have already denied the Quinn rumors.

In other news:
The Jaguars are "desperately" trying to trade out of the top-ten picks in the NFL Draft, according to Profootballtalk.com.

This seems to indicate that Jacksonville isn't hoping for Mark Sanchez or Matt Stafford to fall to No. 8. PFT says KC, Cleveland, and Detroit are also trying to get out of the top five. The Jags probably have the best chance to execute because at No. 8 overall the contract obligations aren't as hefty.

Maybe move up to get our boy Raji?

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Sep 13[/td] [td]SF @ ARI[/td] [td]University of Phoenix Stadium[/td] [td]4:15 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Sep 20[/td] [td]SEA @ SF[/td] [td]Candlestick Park[/td] [td]4:05 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Sep 27[/td] [td]SF @ MIN[/td] [td]Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Oct 04[/td] [td]STL @ SF[/td] [td]Candlestick Park[/td] [td]4:15 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Oct 11[/td] [td]ATL @ SF[/td] [td]Candlestick Park[/td] [td]4:05 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Bye[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Oct 25[/td] [td]SF @ HOU[/td] [td]Reliant Stadium[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Nov 01[/td] [td]SF @ IND[/td] [td]Lucas Oil Stadium[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Nov 08[/td] [td]TEN @ SF[/td] [td]Candlestick Park[/td] [td]4:15 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Nov 12[/td] [td]CHI @ SF[/td] [td]Candlestick Park[/td] [td]8:20 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]NFL NETWORK[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Nov 22[/td] [td]SF @ GB[/td] [td]Lambeau Field[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Nov 29[/td] [td]JAC @ SF[/td] [td]Candlestick Park[/td] [td]4:05 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Dec 06[/td] [td]SF @ SEA[/td] [td]Qwest Field[/td] [td]4:15 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Dec 14[/td] [td]ARI @ SF[/td] [td]Candlestick Park[/td] [td]8:30 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Dec 20[/td] [td]SF @ PHI[/td] [td]Lincoln Financial Field[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Dec 27[/td] [td]DET @ SF[/td] [td]Candlestick Park[/td] [td]4:05 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Jan 03[/td] [td]SF @ STL[/td] [td]Edward Jones Dome[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

We shouldn't even try to predict the niners wins / losses, whenever we do that they always seem to fail us
laugh.gif

NFL network..........FTL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do ANY cable companys have NFL network?? i know ol stupid @%! charter here in stl doesnt, they suck

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

NFL network..........FTL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do ANY cable companys have NFL network?? i know ol stupid @%! charter here in stl doesnt, they suck

r u a 9er fan, just get directv. they show every nfl game every week.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/021589.html
Niners extend contracts for Haralson, Nedney

The 49ers announced today that they have extended the contracts of their top pass rusher ad kicker. The team signed OLB Parys Haralson to a four-year contract extension through 2013. The 49ers also signed Joe Nedney to a two-year contract extension through 2011.Haralson's deal reportedly is for four years, $15 million and includes $6.5 million in guaranteed money.

Haralson led the 49ers with eight sacks last year despite being a part-time player over the first half of the season. Nedney, meanwhile, has been a clutch performer for the 49ers, connecting on 101 of 115 field goal attempts since being signed by the team in 2005. In 2005, he was named the team's offensive MVP.

Prior to the start of free agency, team officials said they would use their considerable salary-cap space to extend their own players rather than bring in expensive free agents. Haralson was perhaps the most important player to extend considering he is one of the few 49ers who has been able to pressure the opposing quarterback. His original rookie contract was scheduled to expire at the end of the 2009 season. Others the 49ers are considering for extensions include G David Baas (signed through 2009), TE Vernon Davis (2010) and ILB Patrick Willis (2011).

-- Matt Barrows

Nedney
pimp.gif

Well Im in San Fran right now... I went to see the stadium and it was #$*$+% as hell... I went to take pictures and the guard was being a $$!+$... But let metake pictures... I didnt know the stadium was that bad... I was hoping to get an authentic jersey but couldnt come across any Willis ones... One store actuallyhad it but it looked fake for some reason... They actually all are cutting the prices like half off so if any one else is interested... I seen a Gore but dontreally know if he will get cut soon so I was like nahhh... But I plan on flying out here in the winter to catch a game or maybe just try to catch a Eagle/49ergame...

BTW SF is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Well Im in San Fran right now... I went to see the stadium and it was #$*$+% as hell... I went to take pictures and the guard was being a $$!+$... But let me take pictures... I didnt know the stadium was that bad... I was hoping to get an authentic jersey but couldnt come across any Willis ones... One store actually had it but it looked fake for some reason... They actually all are cutting the prices like half off so if any one else is interested... I seen a Gore but dont really know if he will get cut soon so I was like nahhh... But I plan on flying out here in the winter to catch a game or maybe just try to catch a Eagle/49er game...

BTW SF is
pimp.gif
You know the reason the prices were cut in half is because theyre getting new uniforms this season right? Gore is not getting cut anytime soonbtw

Yea I know new unis are coming in... I seen the billboard by the stadium... I dont really want to spend 240 on a jersey so I figured for 115 and change it is apretty good deal... If I cant find any Willis I guess Ill just grab the Gore... I just felt better with the Willis cause he just got wit the team and I know hewont be going anywhere anytime soon... And I been reading Gore isnt looking happy...

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Yea I know new unis are coming in... I seen the billboard by the stadium... I dont really want to spend 240 on a jersey so I figured for 115 and change it is a pretty good deal... If I cant find any Willis I guess Ill just grab the Gore... I just felt better with the Willis cause he just got wit the team and I know he wont be going anywhere anytime soon... And I been reading Gore isnt looking happy...
Yea gore signed through 11, willis through 12 or 13. Hopefully gore really isnt upset. I know he didnt go to minicamp, but i read that he worksout at home since minicamp isnt mandatory just like A LOT of other players. Hope u had fun in sf, if u have any questions about the bay, let us know.

Back
Top Bottom