Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Yeah, Jason Taylor.

Stupid !** 49erswebzone had me telling the wifey the niners got Jay Cutler.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

[h2]Isaac Bruce back for another year with 49ers[/h2]
Posted by Dan Brown on April 1st, 2009 at 11:50 am | Categorized as Uncategorized

Isaac Bruce isn't ready to run a fade pattern quite yet.

The future Hall of Famer told Mike Singletary on Wednesday that he will hold off on retirement and return for another year with the 49ers. That means a 16th NFL season for one of the most prolific receivers in league history.

Only Jerry Rice ((22,895) has more career receiving yards than Bruce. (14,944). Only Rice, Cris Carter, Marvin Harrison and Tim Brown have more catches.

His return provided a sigh of relief for 49ers officials, who had set Wednesday as a deadline for Bruce to decide whether or not he would retire. Singletary wanted the veteran receiver back both because of Bruce's production and for his willingness to work with young receivers such as Josh Morgan and Jason Hill.

"I'm really thankful because when you have guys like that in the locker room, it makes your job as a coach that much better,'' Singletary said late last season.

Bruce turns 37 in November but is coming off a season in which he led the 49ers with 61 catches, 835 receiving yards, and seven receiving touchdowns.

Bruce is known for his quiet demeanor off the field. A 49ers spokesman, in explaining the lack of a news conference said: "Isaac is Isaac."

Singletary was also unavailable for comment Wednesday. He was en route to USC to check out Mark Sanchez and others. The 49ers have the No. 10 choice in the draft and, with Bruce back, might have a clearer idea of how to use that pick.

Receivers:
Brandon Jones
Issac Bruce
Arnaz Battle
Jason Hill
Josh Morgan
Dominick Ziegler

Who else am I missing?

Yeah, Battle.

I think he's still on the team.

Seriously Brandon Jones was a waste of $$$.

Receivers:
Brandon Jones
Issac Bruce
Arnaz Battle
Jason Hill
Josh Morgan
Dominick Ziegler

Who else am I missing?

I think depth chart would be like this:

Morgan
Bruce
Jones
Hill
Zeigler
Battle

Most likely they'll have Bruce as the #1. Jones will get plenty of PT but I really don't know anything about this guy.

well with the $ they gave him, i wouldnt be surprised if brandon jones is listed as the #1.

he was brought in to be the "deep threat"

once again spending that much money on him was foolish.

Originally Posted by 49ers650

Wonder how the visit with Sanchez went

I know Im not the only Niner fan who hopes the answer is: NOT WELL. Something about this guy just screams mediocrity to me. For some reason, I just cantpicture this guy being a franchise quarterback. (yes, I am aware that Shaun Hill probably isnt either)

Well at least the Niners didn't forfeit a lot of picks like the Bears did. I know a lot of you say Raji...But is he really that good of a pick at 10?

[table][tr][td][img]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/58/589368m.jpg[/img][/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td] Ht: 6-2 Wt: 334
[table][tr][td]Position:[/td] [td]DT[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Date of Birth:[/td] [td]07/11/1986[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Class:[/td] [td]RS - Senior[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]High School:[/td] [td]Westwood HS
(Westwood, NJ)[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]College:[/td] [td]Boston College[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]2009 Scout.com NFL Draft Rankings (full list):[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos: DT[/td] [td]Pos Rank: #1[/td] [td]Pos Rating:
rating.gif
rating.gif
rating.gif
rating.gif
rating.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Scout.com Player Evaluation:[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]STRENGTHS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
�Body Control and Balance[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
�Quickness off Ball[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_pro.gif
�Size[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eval_con.gif
�Change of Direction[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Raji is a big, physical lineman who commands a lot of attention. He's a good athlete who has a solid burst off the line, plays with leverage, and bull rushes opponents up the field. He has a quick first step, immediately penetrates upfield and makes plays in the backfield. He displays great strength and has an advantage against the opposition with his initial push. - Chris Steuber, Scout.com[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm not a fan of Sanchez either...I don't have a good feeling about him in the pros.

I could obviously be totally wrong but that's just my opinion.

laugh.gif
considering there's 7 rounds in the draft and the 9ers have been awarded a couple compensatory picks - I'm 100% certain they'll get an OLINEand DLINE in the draft.

Why isn't Holt, Harrison, Burress a 49er yet?

Give one of them the money we saved re-working Alex Smith's contract/cutting Jonas Jennings.

i read an article saying the 49ers aren't interested in Burress.

i would love holt though.

Holt is probably not interested in us.

I think Burress would be ideal for this team. How many times did the 49ers settle for field goals because they couldn't get a TD in the red zone.

Line up Plaxico wide right and throw fades all day.

This makes too much sense, therefore it won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom