Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

This team will forever stink as long as the Yorks are in charge.

New coach, new OC, new QB, doesn't matter. Yorks have no clue how to run a franchise.

Wrong move, 7 OCs in 7 seasons. To not F this up they better make sure the next OC that takes over the position doesnt drastically change the playbook and hasa good resume

Well hopefully with Jed taking over that would change things, as Jed is very close to Policy and DeBartolo. John or Denise had no interest in running thisfranchise.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

ADAM SCHEFTER
Martz looking for work again
Posted: December 30th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Mike Martz, Mike Singletary, San Francisco 49ers

San Francisco brought back coach Mike Singletary, but it decided Tuesday not to retain offensive coordinator Mike Martz, a league source said.

The two sides - the 49ers and Martz - met Tuesday morning to finalize the arrangement that many expected. They still were finalizing it Tuesday afternoon as another league source said it was "99.9 percent" certain that Martz would be gone. It's not that Singletary didn't like Martz; he did. Others within the organization did not want Martz to coach San Francisco's offense moving forward.

Now Martz is on the street again, for the second straight year. Last year, he and Detroit parted ways, and now he and San Francisco have done the same.

Hopefully Singletary acts swiftly and gets a new OC soon. I don't want to end up with a last minute OC replacement like Hostler.
WTH does that mean....who other's? grrrrr....another spuddering 9er's offense
mad.gif

*how about steve mariucci as a new OC?
embarassed.gif
i always thought he was agood coach ...or maybe dennis green ...*shrug*

So it's not an official firing yet?

And I doubt Mooch would want to come back and be an OC, he was on Murph and Mac a couple weeks ago and said he enjoys the broadcast booth on NFL Network. Justget the Chargers to lose and pick up Norv asap. Haha.

Originally Posted by truthmain

This team will forever stink as long as the Yorks are in charge.

New coach, new OC, new QB, doesn't matter. Yorks have no clue how to run a franchise.
At this point it doesn't even matter that the Yorks own the 49ers. The biggest step is the unofficial decision to let Scott McCloughan be theone and only football guy making all the football decisions.

Before this season, decisions were made by ownship (McCloughan included) as a whole. Jed has made it very clear that he will represent ownership, and he willpay other people to make the football decisions.

That is definitely a big step in the right direction for the organization as a whole.

The 49ers COO, Andy Dolich, who was hired earlier this year is also a sign of major change in the front office. He's the first non-York yes man hire sincethe Yorks took over.

So, the tides are definitely turning. How far it will ebb or flow is yet to be determined.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Well at least the article stated that Singletary wanted to keep Martz, but he was overuled by the front office, SMH. Yet another OC for the offense to get use to, just sad.
I don't see good things in Sing's future if he isn't allowed to make staff decisions w/o the front office interfering. They need toname shaun hill the starter pick an OC and get ready for Free Agency and the Draft

http://www.nfl.com/players/shaunhill/profile?id=HIL586565
Shaun Hill left the team's training complex Monday with no idea whether the 49ers (7-9) expect him to return to the starting job after he led the club to five wins in its final seven games. Singletary promoted Hill at midseason, and the veteran backup was among the NFL's most efficient passers during the surge.

Damn
tired.gif
I dont even like dude that much but he earned thestarting job next season until they can find the QB of the future...and Alex Smith aint it.

Wishful thinking but....Lets bring this guy back!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008...long-time-coach-shanahan/
s_shanahan_i.jpg

^^^ i was thinkin the same thing, I was even thinkin bringing Mooch back as the OC or asst head coach. We need to get a wall breaking run stoppin DT and a OCthat will maximize our all pro back frank gore. He can be just as good as Marshall but no one has used him riht since Norv left to be the head coach thathe's not.

no way he'd take a low blow and be an OC when hes gonna have 4 or 5 teams offering him a HC position.

i mean id love for it, but theres just no way - his playcalling and game preparation is amazing though.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Bring back Shananahan please!
that would be the dream option for us but teams like the jets browns lions are gonna all over him. i dunno if shanahan wants to be the o-cord.

You never know what can happen if the Niners take a deep look into Shanahan. He may want a break from being a HC...So why not right? This will be interesting,I was surprised Mangini was fired.

Get Shannahan, Trade for Colt Brennan as an emerging backup,you saw what he did in the preseason. Even though that was against
future lucky cashiers. He still has the needed tools. Draft a true number 1 reciever in the draft. Keep Takeo. Draft Another LB and Saftey. Get
a solid Backup Corner in the FA.

I know this is an offseason thread, but comon shannahan isn't gonna take a low blow to be an offensive coordinator while 4 or 5 teams will offer him a HCposition and control of the franchise.

sick.gif
@ colt brennan

I disagree with drafting a #1 wr in the draft, the only wr in the draft worth being a #1 is crabtree and he goes top 5, easy.

Isn't boldin a FA? Once the cards get hammered in the playoffs, I'm sure the 9ers will go after him hard.

With our 10th pick i'd like to draft a Defensive end or a beast for our oline.

Like I said earlier, forget haynesworth, id love to pickup shaun rogers from the browns (is he a fa)? Dude is a damn monster.

Flank him with justin smith + (de) and let our linebackers do work.

How about building a damn O-line? How about that?

One more piece on the right side and things might start popping for the offense!

Originally Posted by kamakazipnoygt

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Bring back Shananahan please!

If we were able to bring him back, that would be absolutely great for us.

if that happen, Frank Gore would be having another career season.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I know this is an offseason thread, but comon shannahan isn't gonna take a low blow to be an offensive coordinator while 4 or 5 teams will offer him a HC position and control of the franchise.

sick.gif
@ colt brennan

I disagree with drafting a #1 wr in the draft, the only wr in the draft worth being a #1 is crabtree and he goes top 5, easy.

Isn't boldin a FA? Once the cards get hammered in the playoffs, I'm sure the 9ers will go after him hard.

With our 10th pick i'd like to draft a Defensive end or a beast for our oline.

Like I said earlier, forget haynesworth, id love to pickup shaun rogers from the browns (is he a fa)? Dude is a damn monster.

Flank him with justin smith + (de) and let our linebackers do work.
I think I started the shanahan OC talk so let me say this....Theres no way dude would be the OC when he is gonna get 20 mil just for chillin athis house for the next 3 years. Hell that enough just to make him say no to coaching for the next 1-2 years itself. But if the 49ers Front office had someballs they would step to Shanahan with a front office job just like parcells had. With him over top of McCoughlan and Singletary coaching would a monstercombo. I'll let yall think on that for a while
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Shaun rogers aint a free agent and hayneworth is already talking extention w/ the titans FO so he's probaly not going anywhere, I think he happy theresince they didnt cut him after he stomped that cowboy dude face a while back.

Heres a complete list of free agents for the off season http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.htmlhttp://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Back
Top Bottom