Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Forget TJ, let's make the push for Boldin.
The thing with Boldin though ... he's expecting a Fitzgerald type contract .......

TJ or Boldin would be a GREAT pickup nonetheless.

I really don't think the Cardinals are thinking about signing Boldin to a long-term deal, and this was before that "so called" blow up during theNFC championship game. If they were thinking about it, they would have been signed him. They are pretty much debating on what or how they are going to dealwith signing Warner. Bolding would like to stay on the West Coast, so I think we have a strong chance.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Forget TJ, let's make the push for Boldin.
The thing with Boldin though ... he's expecting a Fitzgerald type contract .......

TJ or Boldin would be a GREAT pickup nonetheless.
Look at the article i posted a page back, tj wants fitz type numbers too

this superbowl needs to be over already
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

im not going to say much

mark sanchez with tj housh addition, be aware.

im not even a fan of sanchez
I'm not going to say much either.

**%$ Mark Sanchez.

That comment is void if he proves to be the second coming of Matt Ryan.

I don't like Sanchez all that much either. For some reason when I watched him play at USC I didn't think he was all that...but then again, that'swhy I'm not a scout.
If he has a great combine and has real high value, and we're in position to take him, I guess it would make sense to take him.

We should draft Longshore in the 7th round and have him throw balls to our cornerbacks for interception practice.

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

I would like for Sanchez to be our Brady Quinn
smile.gif

The !%#% does that even mean?

You want Sanchez to be a sucky, overpaid, backup QB?

Stop offering your opinions on football please. Your football fan card as been revoked after your numerous blunders in the mock draft.

laugh.gif
I'm wondering why all these coaches avoiding the 49ers OCposition?!??! Maybe Coach Singletary having power trips already?!?!?!
laugh.gif
...and i dont think we should invest in a QB on this year draft ...they don't look all that good too me this year
eyes.gif
...just rebuilt our O-line (i do like Alex Mack from CAL), D-line (B.J. Raji) andsafety. The Wr + RB (get rid of robinson i dont like that fool!!) can be done in later rounds.

I have a feeling Hue Jackson is going to be offered the OC job.

smh.gif
these dudes should have kept Martz, this offseason is as confused as the Yorks.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I have a feeling Hue Jackson is going to be offered the OC job.

smh.gif
these dudes should have kept Martz, this offseason is as confused as the Yorks.

thats what i've been saying
laugh.gif
...now he's looking like a fooland Martz
laugh.gif
..hopefully this season won't be another down year
sick.gif
frown.gif

I really don't think the Cardinals are thinking about signing Boldin to a long-term deal, and this was before that "so called" blow up during the NFC championship game. If they were thinking about it, they would have been signed him. They are pretty much debating on what or how they are going to deal with signing Warner. Bolding would like to stay on the West Coast, so I think we have a strong chance.
God, if Boldin is traded to us and Warner is no longer in AZ, there is no reason why we shouldnt kill the Cardinals for the forseeable future. Hell, IMO even if we dont get Boldin and they lose Warner, we should win every time.

Cardinals without Warner = the Cardinals of the past 30 years.

And Ive been saying it for months now.....lets get TJ!!!! (and im down for Carson the year after as well)

i want TJ as well, it would be such a mistake (from the cards) to trade Boldin to the 9ers.

it would make no sense for them.

am i the only one that doesn't want TJ? this dude is demanding a huge contract and he's already 30+

i mean, he'd be a TREMENDOUS addition, no doubt...

but if we go get a wideout we should go balls out and get Boldin (unlikely as that may be)

ohwell.gif

Any word on Takeo?
Straight from the horses mouth, "we'll see what happens, mayne."

Boldin isn't going anywhere. Fitz is not offering to restructure his deal to keep Boldin around because they're good friends.

Focus on improving D and O lines.

Don't want the Niners to pay that kind of money for TJ. There are more important needs IMO (O-Line, maybe a quality Safety or Corner) and draft anotheryoung WR with the 2nd pick, with the first I say go O-Line all the way. Bolden would be very nice though, dude is a beast.

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Hue Jackson, Jimmy Raye, Rod Chudzinski, San Francisco 49ers

After weeks of looking, the San Francisco 49ers finally found their man. They hired Jimmy Raye as their offensive coordinator, league sources said Wednesday night.

Raye, a former running backs coach for the New York Jets, beat out candidates such as Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson and new San Diego Chargers assistant head coach Rob Chudzinski.

The 49ers wanted to hire someone by Thursday, when they were scheduled to begin their draft meetings. Now they have. Raye is their offensive coordinator.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/28/49ers-hire-raye-as-new-offensive-coordinator/http://blogs.nfl.com/2009...ew-offensive-coordinator/

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
how many steps backwards do we take on this move???

the front office has no direction right now, theyre settling for jimmy raye, who has horrible credentials and making it easier for sing to be a failure for histenure with the niners.

how do they settle for jimmy raye?!? what has he done for the niners to even consider pulling the trigger on him, this !+*% is mind boggling.

yes, i am very mad.

& to the guys wanting BOLDIN, yes hed be a great addition - yeah lets go balls out balls to the wall and lets get him, guys in order for him to wear aniners uni - the cards will need to trade him to a division rival .... why would they do that?

Back
Top Bottom