Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

no no no lets not draft another qb
ohh well were loosing im tired of switching qb's every season
how about we stick with alex let the dude play with this squad
and eventually well get things going on offense the way we want it

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

same old %+*# thats been happening for the past 7 years
viking
mad.gif

atlanta
indifferent.gif

texans
frown.gif

colts
ohwell.gif

titans
tired.gif
Perfectly executed

Hard fought win, Raye an Sing really need to sit down and talk about the direction of this offense.

How do we come out with a 10 spot when Cutler hands us 5 interceptions?

Alex Smith was bum status again, I don't even know how anyone could continue to defend him.

He looked poised as hell at Houston, but his last couple games he looks like a nervous wreck in the pocket.

He looks hesitant, looks like he's thinking too much ... I can go on but I'm sure everyone else saw it too.

Also, they need to quit that prevent defense @!$%*$@!, it makes my heart hurt
mad.gif

It doesn't get easier at Lambeau.

Im sick of this Jimmy Raye offense. BS conservative calls almost cost us the game(especially on the last drive by the niners). Get him outta here already!Niners got lucky the bears didnt win. Give the game ball to Cutler, the niners owe everything to him

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Hard fought win, Raye an Sing really need to sit down and talk about the direction of this offense.

How do we come out with a 10 spot when Cutler hands us 5 interceptions?

Alex Smith was bum status again, I don't even know how anyone could continue to defend him.

He looked poised as hell at Houston, but his last couple games he looks like a nervous wreck in the pocket.

He looks hesitant, looks like he's thinking too much ... I can go on but I'm sure everyone else saw it too.

Also, they need to quit that prevent defense @!$%*$@!, it makes my heart hurt
mad.gif

It doesn't get easier at Lambeau.

Tell me how Smith looked like crap other than the INT? The Oline was a revolving door today and he still made some crucial plays in the 4th to keep the clockrolling. He kept getting hurried and rushed ALL GAME, and he still did not have a bad game. You guys just have this deep hate for him and any mistake he makesyou guys come in here to let it all out.

Either way, its always gonna be flipped if Smith looks bad it'll be the O-lines fault.

Smith looked nervous as hell, not the poise I saw in HOU if you didn't notice him in panic mode then your love for him lies stronger than my hate.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Either way, its always gonna be flipped if Smith looks bad it'll be the O-lines fault.

Smith looked nervous as hell, not the poise I saw in HOU if you didn't notice him in panic mode then your love for him lies stronger than my hate.

You're right, he does look nervous as hell. He looks exactly like Hill right before he got benched. That's what happens when the OLine keepscollapsing. Gore had a lots of runs stuffed behind the line of scrimmage because of the OLine. They're horrible.

Our offensive line sucks, and any QB that runs a traditional offense under center will struggle this year because of the push every DLine gets on us. The onlyway chance we'll have at being successful is if we run the offense out of the shotgun.

& I won't argue with that.

I don't know how Sing could continue to think this O-line can be the best in the league when its said and done when they couldn't even get that push onfourth down.

Gore earned every yard tonight, ran hard without any help from the O-line.

Just got back from the game. Glad we banged out a W. It was ugly, but I'll take it. Im sorry Bright, I cant agree with you. Normally your assessment of ourteam is pretty on point, but I cant understand for the life of me how you can have this opinion with Smith. He was running for his life all game. You say helooks nervous, but hes constantly having linemen and linebackers breathing down his neck. Three step drop and hes hit. Three man rush, and hes running for hislife. Our OLine is the problem.

Gore
pimp.gif
. Wow. I wonder what kind of stats he would put up if he had half of an offensive line to run behind. This OLine is a joke, and we better use bothfirst round picks on offensive lineman.

What's wrong with my assessment? I'm stating Alex Smith looked nervous as hell in the pocket.

Keep in mind this is the first Niner game with Smith under center I've watched on the LCD (
pimp.gif
)

First round picks should be used with one in the secondary and another in the O-line.

Saying he was "bum status" today. I mean, when you think of how horrible the playcalling is and how awful our OLine is, I would say he played adecent game. From where I was sitting, it looked like Crabtree slipped on the interception too. Can someone confirm this? Hardly any replays at the stadiumFTL.

Maybe "bum status" was a stretch but I don't even know if i'd give him decent.

He didn't even look poised or confident in the pocket, I guess he's only as good as our O-line
sick.gif

But yeah, I think drafting 2 OL wouldn't make much sense, it would be insane to see 2 rookies starting at O-line.

I'd like to see some help in the secondary.

Wilheim played well for TKO.

With each game without NC22, T.Brown is growing and learning out there
smokin.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]49ers Report Card[/h1]
By MATT MAIOCCO
PRESS DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

Published: Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 3:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 9:17 p.m.

Quarterback - C

Alex Smith did not get much going in the passing game. He threw for 118 yards, but he avoided the multiple interceptions that plagued Jay Cutler.

Running back - B-plus

Frank Gore ripped off a 14-yard touchdown run to give the 49ers a 7-0 lead. He finished with 104 yards. Michael Robinson picked up two big first downs in fourth quarter.

Receivers C-minus

There were too many false-start penalties out of this group. The 49ers were unable to get much separation. Josh Morgan made a nice play to recover a Gore fumble at the Bears' 6.

Offensive line C-minus

David Baas had a good block on Gore's TD run, but the line play was generally poor in the run and pass games through three quarters. It got a lot better in the fourth.

Defensive line B-plus

Nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin had an interception, and the line was solid against the run. The Bears averaged just 2.0 yards per rushing attempt.

Linebackers B

Matt Wilhelm entered when Takeo Spikes was injured and did a very good job with five tackles, including one for a loss. Patrick Willis had a team-high 11 tackles.

Defensive back A

Tarell Brown, Dashon Goldson and Mark Roman each came up with interceptions. But it was Michael Lewis' pick on the final play of the game that clinched the victory.

Special teams C

The 49ers did not get much on returns, and they didn't give up much, either. Joe Nedney missed a 39-yard field goal in the first half.

Coaching/overall C-minus

The 49ers were penalized nine times for 77 yards. They were outgained by more than 100 yards, but still came up with the victory. It wasn't pretty, but it snapped a four-game losing streak.

Btw, our return game is atrocious.

That also needs to be addressed in the draft - B. Jones is a mistake waiting to happen back there.

anyone notice alex smith's drop steps
he stumbles, i thought he was going to fall a couple times

Originally Posted by obie21

anyone notice alex smith's drop steps
he stumbles, i thought he was going to fall a couple times
IMO that is not his fault.
the o line got eaten alive on so many plays that he was feeling the pressure before it got there.

Originally Posted by dland24

Saying he was "bum status" today. I mean, when you think of how horrible the playcalling is and how awful our OLine is, I would say he played a decent game. From where I was sitting, it looked like Crabtree slipped on the interception too. Can someone confirm this? Hardly any replays at the stadium FTL.
The two things that kept us from scoring more points. We need to address these problems immediately.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by dland24

Saying he was "bum status" today. I mean, when you think of how horrible the playcalling is and how awful our OLine is, I would say he played a decent game. From where I was sitting, it looked like Crabtree slipped on the interception too. Can someone confirm this? Hardly any replays at the stadium FTL.
The two things that kept us from scoring more points. We need to address these problems immediately.

By far our two biggest problems followed by our secondary. I can't believe this same bears DLine that was getting eaten alive by arizona last sunday wasgetting deep penetration on damn near every play. Gore kept getting hit behind the line of scrimmage and and Alex kept running for his life. The linebackersalso kept getting through and tipped passes. It's hard for Alex to get into any kind of rhythm when he's constantly getting pressured. This next draftwe definitely need to draft some stud OLman.

what's the difference, everyone already knows I am 80jerryrice/92 etc.?
BTW if you must know, I chose this username because it suits me best
TC = my initials
the word troponin c gives me a reminder of what my life goal is every time i get onto niketalk.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom