:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before thr playoffs begin, I'd like to see Brock Purdy in a close game where he has to lead a 2nd half comeback to win.

Purdy's mettle needs to be tested. Last thing I wanna see is 49ers down 6 with 4 min left in the NFC Championship at Philly and its the first time we see Purdy in that situation.

#bookmarkthispost

We aren’t going to be put in a position where Purdy has to come back in the 4th. We dominating every week from here until the end of the post season. I’m feeling this defense too much, and the embarrassment of riches we have on offense. CMC, Deebo, Mitchell. The run game will be super potent in the playoffs.

4 of the 5 49ers teams that won the SB lost a game or two in the 2nd half of the regular season before peaking as they entered the playoffs.

The fact this current team has been rolling for 8 straight weeks is concerning, considering the team should want to avoid peaking too early.

The only 49er Super Bowl winning team that never loat a game in the 2nd half of the season was the '84-85 team. That team won their last 9 regular season games before dominating the postseason. Hopefully the 2022-23 49ers can do the same.

That '84-85 Defense was just as dominant in their last 12 games as this year's as far as points allowed per game is concerned. They only gave up 20 points 1x in their last 12 games

Screenshot_20221229_082346_Chrome.jpg

my guy is a 49ers’ almanac. you might be wylin out with the trade machine proposals in the nba thread but props nonetheless :pimp:

We aren’t going to be put in a position where Purdy has to come back in the 4th. We dominating every week from here until the end of the post season. I’m feeling this defense too much, and the embarrassment of riches we have on offense. CMC, Deebo, Mitchell. The run game will be super potent in the playoffs.
Our run game was super potent last year and our O-line and running game flat out disappeared vs the Rams in the NFCC game last year and in the 2nd half of the SB vs KC 2 years ago.

This is why I say I'd love to see Purdy have to win a close game with his arm in these last two games.

Before thr playoffs begin, I'd like to see Brock Purdy in a close game where he has to lead a 2nd half comeback to win.

Purdy's mettle needs to be tested. Last thing I wanna see is 49ers down 6 with 4 min left in the NFC Championship at Philly and its the first time we see Purdy in that situation.

#bookmarkthispost

Who possibly is going to put the 9ers in that position

Last 2 games are hapless raiders and cardinals featuring stidham and colt McCoy

Altho charizard ward vs steroid boy Hopkins II going to be an interesting bout

speaking of these last two weeks, i hope we see more jordan mason in the first half. kid needs more carries heading into the playoffs. did he get any touches against washington?

Who possibly is going to put the 9ers in that position

Last 2 games are hapless raiders and cardinals featuring stidham and colt McCoy

Altho charizard ward vs steroid boy Hopkins II going to be an interesting bout
That's what sucks. We're likely going to blow out the Raiders and Cards, which worries me.

I will be hoping for a close game in one of these last 2 contests.

Tbqh, I want the 49ers to lose one game before the playoffs begin. I ain't eem worried about seeding cause I know we are STRONG both at home and on the road come playoff time

i think a lot of folks who don’t follow the niners closely forgot just how talented kittle is as a receiver. glad to see that he’s seeing more targets the last few weeks

Many people thought Kittle had lost a step in the last 2 years.

But we all know the problem wasn't Kittle. It was Jimmy.

Good riddance Garoppolo.

Don’t write him off. We did the same with Armstead 5 years ago.

for sure. i’ve been careful to say he’s been a bust till this point. he’s shown flashes though which is promising. i hope he can get healthy and contribute in a significant way

I’ve been thinking about it. This defense has the chance to go down as one of the greatest defenses of all time if they bring home the hardware in handle business in January and February.

Obviously we have a ways to go. But when I think of all the dominant defenses in NFL history. They made their mark in the playoffs. But the opportunity is there.

We need Big Javon Kinlaw to play big these last few weeks and make an impact like young Bryant Young and Dana Stubblefield did in '94-95. And like these additional 3 below....

Screenshot_20221229_103043_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221229_103032_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221229_103132_Chrome.jpg

Hopefully Kinlaw is aware of the history of standout 49ers interior D-lineman so he understands the standard that is expected of his position.

I’ve been thinking about it. This defense has the chance to go down as one of the greatest defenses of all time if they bring home the hardware in handle business in January and February.

Obviously we have a ways to go. But when I think of all the dominant defenses in NFL history. They made their mark in the playoffs. But the opportunity is there.
It is there, but losing Moseley is HUGE.

Secondary is what's most concerning once the 49ers face the likes of intelligent QB's who are elite passers and have elite feet in and out of the pocket, i.e. Mahomes, Hurts, and Allen.

It is there, but losing Moseley is HUGE.

Secondary is what's most concerning once the 49ers face the likes of intelligent QB's who are elite passers and have elite feet in and out of the pocket, i.e. Mahomes, Hurts, and Allen.

That’s why I wish Kyler Murray wasn’t hurt and was playing that last game. Well I don’t want to see him or anyone hurt for that matter anyway. But a fast mobile qb like him would’ve been a good warmup for the playoffs in the last game.

I’m kind of concerned about this Commanders game. Their defense is going to pressure Purdy early and often, we’re going to need McCaffrey to get it going right out the gate and Purdy to hit the short routes. Also on the flipside, Heinecke has legs and will pull it down and run which is always bad for our scheme. It’s also why I have a healthy fear of Philly, they played us tough last time we saw them and without a few favorable penalties we would have lost that game.

I’m kind of concerned about this Commanders game. Their defense is going to pressure Purdy early and often, we’re going to need McCaffrey to get it going right out the gate and Purdy to hit the short routes. Also on the flipside, Heinecke has legs and will pull it down and run which is always bad for our scheme. It’s also why I have a healthy fear of Philly, they played us tough last time we saw them and without a few favorable penalties we would have lost that game.
We played the Commanders already.

4EA6F1C9-0B4F-4E3D-A542-5757A563542C.gif

Forgive me faithful for the rock I’ve been under. I traveled last weekend and definitely didn’t watch football or basketball for that matter. I’ve been out of the loop for months now between travel and new job.

1672356372958.gif

My friend said if packers make it in playoff. He super concerned about facing them

I don’t think Green Bay is going to get in. Washington should beat Cleveland Sunday, and unless Dallas has a chance at winning the division, week 18 is meaningless to them as they’ll be locked into the 5 seed.

And no way are the Giants losing to Indy on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom