:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They sold out to re-establish their fanbase in SoCal. They’ve been over .500 every year in the McVay era, if they end up bad 3 years from now it was worth it.

They sold out to re-establish their fanbase in SoCal. They’ve been over .500 every year in the McVay era, if they end up bad 3 years from now it was worth it.
It will only be worth it if it culminates in a Lombardi trophy. You can't give away picks or make bad trades and expect to remain in contention. Those types of transactions can set the franchise back 5 years or longer. Case in point, JJ Stokes. We traded up from #30 to #10 to get him. Along with our 1st round pick in '95 we also sent that year's 2nd and 3rd along with our 1st in '96. Fortunately those 2nd and 3rd rounders amounted to nothing. However, in '96 that first rounder we sent to Cleveland the year before ended up being...Ray Lewis.

Our first draft pick in '96 was #46, Israel Ifeanyi. Who??? Exactly. But here are the names of the guys picked between Ray Lewis and Israel Ifeanyi: Tony Brackens, Amani Toomer, Mike Alstott, Lawyer Milloy, and Muhsin Muhammad. Any one of those guys would've been a better selection than Israel Ifeanyi or JJ Stokes.

If the Rams win a Super Bowl while treating their future draft picks as if they’re playing franchise mode on Madden, it’s a success.

I get the reasoning for them going all out to put a good team out there. While granted they had a history in Los Angeles/Southern California, They were pretty much an afterthought once they moved to Anaheim and the Raiders moved to LA.

Factor that in along with going over 20 years without a NFL team in the LA market and the Raiders having a stronghold amongst fans out that way for years along with a lot of people already having their favorite NFL team established for a while, they had to make some type of splash after moving back and building that new stadium. Pushing that 7-9, 8-8 Jeff Fisher junk wasn’t going to generate fan enthusiasm.

On a side note. It’s funny how the 49ers have owned the Rams for the most part in recent years while the Rams have owned the Seahawks while the Seahawks manage to just be a pain in the *** for the 49ers.

The team will be ok guys relax. But we would’ve lost to the Bears and I would have hit the panic button.

NFL football is so wild and talent gap is razor thin. This team is very talented. I’m just as blown as anybody Kinlaw isn’t working out and the list goes on for draft picks not performing. I also wish Trey would show enough to take the job. But, again my brothers he’s obviously not ready.

Trust the process.
I've been "trusting the process" for 26 years and we have zero Super Bowl wins to show for since '95

We have ZERO elite QBs since Steve Young retired and we could've easily had at least 4 elite QB's since Young but we failed.

Trust the process? Not me.

I do not trust this organization as it stands now. They got to prove a lot to their fans, especially the ones who have witnessed the Super Bowls in the 80s and 90s because if ownership cannot match the standard of excellence that DeBartolo and Walsh established, then there ain't no trusting the process when we are still basically in the same situation as we were when we had Alex Smith, Colin, and Harbaugh. Numerous failed draft picks, solid defensive units put to waste cause offense is consistently mediocre, coaches and QBs who choke when the games matter most, etc etc..... I'm sorry but that's not 49ers Football.

The Lakers win titles pretty much every decade going back to the 70s. The Patriots and Spurs are other examples of sustained excellence. York should go have a conversation with Jeanie Buss and ask her how her dad consistently built and sustained greatness decade after decade. 70s, 80s, 00s, 10s, 20s...Lakers be winning titles regularly. That's how you become the best of the best. Call them high expectations but this is what I expect out of the 49ers.

This ownership needs to figure this **** out fast cause I'll be damned if I don't see another 49ers Lombardi trophy before I die. I'm getting old, wont be long til I hit 50 LOL

Last edited:
how soon before he’s on IR?

jkjk :lol:

i know nothing about dude. anybody got the scoop? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom