:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
51935EA1-307D-4D60-AE90-6C864B9E22C5.jpeg

I just realized that there’s only been one team who finished 3rd in their division that made it past the divisional round ever since they started having Super Bowls, and that was the 85 Patriots.

There’s been a bunch of second place wild card teams who’ve made deep playoff runs and won Super Bowls. But teams who finish 3rd, not so much luck.

Ever since they switched to the 4 division format in 2002, only 5 3rd place teams have won wild card weekend if we’re counting the 49ers. Hopefully they Buck some of these trends on Saturday and make some history in the process.
Even more evidence why it will be an extremely tough challenge to go deep in the playoffs this year, especially with Jimmy at QB.

Garoppolo IMHO will have to play a NEAR PERFECT GAME in order for the 49ers to pull off a W on Saturday. Which means Zero Picks.

I'd also like to know the 49ers playoff record when playing on Saturdays. I don't believe it's a winning record.

beat New Orleans (2011 playoffs) Green Bay (2012 playoffs), and the Vikings (2019 playoffs) in recent Saturday playoff games. Also beat the Vikings in the 97 playoffs on Saturday.

Lost to Green Bay in the 95 and 96 playoffs on Saturday, and the Falcons in the 98 playoffs (game Garrison Hearst got injured).

Prior to that, I can’t remember.

But this is a positive group. It’s 2007 Giants vibes over here.

Kyle Shannahan is going to look like a younger version of Tom Coughlin in Lambeau during the 2007 NFC Championship game in the cold Saturday night. Then it’s off to Tampa.

Different line of order. But that team beat Tampa, Dallas, and Green Bay on the road in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl. Edibles and NFL films got me acting like a NFL historian tonight lmao.

But this is a positive group. It’s 2007 Giants vibes over here.

Kyle Shannahan is going to look like a younger version of Tom Coughlin in Lambeau during the 2007 NFC Championship game in the cold Saturday night. Then it’s off to Tampa.

Different line of order. But that team beat Tampa, Dallas, and Green Bay on the road in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl. Edibles and NFL films got me acting like a NFL historian tonight lmao.
And we have a D-line to rampage against Olines like that Giants team.

2 of 3 on that list have rings and multiple SB appearances.

Stats are just that - stats.

What's Jimmy gonna do to match their level and get that trophy? Mahomes and Montana are proven money in the playoffs. After 8 years as a pro Jimmy still battling 4th quarter demons almost every game.

It's the 👁 Test at the end of the day and Jimmy still got a lot to prove if u ask me!

Last edited:
One thing which I kinda like is that Green Bay hasn’t played a real competitive game since playing the Browns on Christmas. They got the Vikings week 17 without Kirk Cousins, and they sat Aaron Rodgers the second half of the Lions game week 18. So hopefully there’s some rust there.

That Cleveland game set a good blueprint for how beat the Packers as well. Rodgers got 3 touchdowns on them, but they got a lot of stops as well, and had a chance to drive to win the game late. Baker Mayfield was bad on a level which would make Jimmy look like a prime Joe Montana and Cleveland still had the ball down 2 late with a chance to win the game.

Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 you might get what you’ve been asking for coz Jimmy might not play 🤣

Next year gonna be brutal with the upcoming FAs
Wasn't he limited at practice today?

If he's practicing this week I can see him playing.

I can also see GB and their pass rushers knock him out of the game.

If Trey plays I'm confident he leads this team to a W because of the multiple dimensions he brings, the "rookie" label notwithstanding

NFC north was not very good. We had the game won week 3. If we get out early with our run game and misdirection plays we can easily win this game by 2 scores.
We had a better record (percentage wise) against the NFC North than the Packers :lol:

But they had a better record against the NFC West than we did :ohwell:

2 of 3 on that list have rings and multiple SB appearances.

Stats are just that - stats.

What's Jimmy gonna do to match their level and get that trophy? Mahomes and Montana are proven money in the playoffs. After 8 years as a pro Jimmy still battling 4th quarter demons almost every game.

It's the 👁 Test at the end of the day and Jimmy still got a lot to prove if u ask me!
No one's asking you. You're just free willingly repeating your opinion on your dislike on Jimmy G. :lol:

Jimmy believers, I admire your faith in the guy but he has a daunting task ahead of him. Confidence level maintains at 5 outta 10. Don't @ me

We already know his stats and how tough of a challenge GB is going to be. Do you need constant validation to support your opinion.? We get it. I don't believe there is one regular in this thread that thinks Jimmy G is perfect and the greatest QB to ever play for SF. The faith in him is the fact that he's the starting QB that Kyle has gone with all season long.

Good to know that Warner's MRI was 'good' and it looks like he'll be able to play.

Also, I don't buy that excuse on Norman being beat during that Special Teams play. Dude is buns and we can agree that Dontae Johnson has played better than him this season.

Ive been getting nightmares last two night of this game. Had to ve all the negativity im reading about jimmy. Can we just hope for the best and let the tide ride. Lets get excited and lets go niners!

Back
Top Bottom