:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What you mean? He is made of glass. Dude is always injured? He’s had literally 1 full season under his belt.

edit: that being said, Jimmy is the guy until he isn’t.

None of his injuries are chronic, they are all isolated injuries that just happened to be the ones that keep guys out for a long time.

Dee Ford is injury prone. He has degenerative changes in his body to result in him reinjuring himself and always a risk when taking the field.

Deebo and Kittle will be guys that are probably always be on the injury report due to the way they play.

Jimmy is a stationary QB. Really the only 2 variables that result in injury for him is luck and the frequency he gets hit. If we protect him the probability he gets injured gets reduced. We spent a top 10 pick on a RT who can’t pass block, which increased Jimmy or anybody we bring in here’s chances of getting injured.

Jimmy had a torn ACL which is pretty much a fluke for a pocket passer and can not be prepared for or prohibited regardless. He also had a high ankle sprain which is usually the result of getting hit low for a QB, which is actually a penalty because it could result in injury to any QB not just Jimmy.

Did Frank Gore magically stop being injury prone or did he just stop getting unlucky??

I'd be very wary of giving Verett a big contract given his injury history. Dude has played a full season like once in his career.
Curious if they offer a 3-yr incentive based deal. If not, I wouldn't be shocked if he followed Saleh to NY.

There are going to be some really good players that are cap casualties across the league. 49ers should just pull the plug on Dee Ford and Weston Richburg, create extra space and take advantage of the casualties. Also, there are going to be players available for trade that have had the majority of their bonus money made, which means we'll be able to squeeze them in.

I think E-Man in NO will be one of those guys. :emoji_eyes:

That one obviously hurt, but that 3rd and 15 conversion to Tyreek for 45 yards was much worse for me. 7 minutes left in the 4th, up by 10, Chiefs on their own 35 and they get that on 3rd.

Mahomes was 19/32 181yds, 0TDs and 2INTs before that throw

Pain.

This. If they stop them on that play they likely win the game. That play changed the entire momentum. Crazy thing is the 49ers had a similar momentum changing play a few minutes prior when they picked off Mahomes deep in SF territory and didn’t do anything with it..

Unless it’s 4th and close KC punts. The clock is a factor for them now. You can milk the clock somewhat and they still gotta score twice with less time left. Even if you move the chains just one or two times, you’re draining the clock and/or forcing them to use timeouts.

Until they finish the job, that and Super Bowl 47 are going to be tough to get over.

That one obviously hurt, but that 3rd and 15 conversion to Tyreek for 45 yards was much worse for me. 7 minutes left in the 4th, up by 10, Chiefs on their own 35 and they get that on 3rd.

Mahomes was 19/32 181yds, 0TDs and 2INTs before that throw

Pain.
And yet, there is a large contingent of 49er fans who want to blame the defense for the loss. SFH

****bthe refs from that game. On a bug play to Hill there was hella holding on Bosa. Smh at the holdings that werent called. But smh at the players too, they let them win that game.

Trying to defend the KC offense is like trying to survive a barrage of bombs from Mike Tyson. You can only slip, dodge, and parry for so long. The pressure is unrelenting and eventually, they're going to break through and catch you. I'll never blame the defense for what happened in the SB. They gave us ample chance to win. Bosa was playing out of his mind.

I still like to tell myself that Jimmy was playing concussed in that 3/4th quarter after that hit he took by Clark I think it was. After that hit, is when he started missing throws

I still like to tell myself that Jimmy was playing concussed in that 3/4th quarter after that hit he took by Clark I think it was. After that hit, is when he started missing throws
Agreed. The defense did their job, the offense didn't. Jimmy supposed to be the leader of that offense. He flat out CHOKED in the 4th qtr.

One glaring thing about Jimmy that I can't stand is that he starts to 'play scared' whenever he gets hit or pressured. Maybe because he's afraid to get injured or afraid to get hit, who knows.

Another thing that frustrates a lot is Jimmy's lack of ability to go thru his progressions and hit the correct open man. I honestly think Jimmy's doesnt have good peripheral vision and when you add the fact he sucks when under pressure, it's a snowball effect that causes him to be less effective against opposing defenses.

Ntm, he can't run, he can't throw deep accurately, and he's always a sprained ankle waiting to happen.

this is the hit in the 4th quarter, gets hit in the helmet and gets up holding his head. after that is when he made the bad plays

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom