:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beast!!!!!!

SBNation:
Kwon Alexander played through a bicep injury this season
Alexander had surgery on Friday. He’s expected to be fully recovered by training camp
1204560975.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Kwon Alexander tore his pectoral muscle on November 1, and common sense told you Alexander would miss the rest of the season. A month and a half later, a report came out that Alexander was working his way back for a potential playoff run. It seemed far-fetched, given that a fully torn pec muscle takes roughly six months to recover from. A harness enabled Alexander to return after a first-round bye, and he played the next there games.
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that wasn’t the only injury Alexander dealt with during 2019. Rap sheet said Alexander dealt with a biceps injury that Alexander is having surgically repaired on Friday. Kwon is expected to have a full recovery and be at 100% by the time training camp rolls around. That’s a tough dude. Alexander restructured his contract back on November 23. On April 1, his salary goes from injury guaranteed to fully guaranteed. So the biceps injury confirms any speculation of the 49ers moving on from Alexander. Not that there was any, but you know the internet. Dre Greenlaw’s emergence and Alexander’s missing tackles in the Super Bowl lead to hot takes.
Alexander will be 26-years-old in August. His cap number is a lot more digestible for 2020 at $4.9 million. Once Alexander is on the roster come April 1, his $11.25 million injuries guaranteed will vest to a full guarantee. I’m looking forward to the version of Kwon we saw in the first half of the season when he was arguably the best coverage linebacker in all of football. It’ll also be interesting to see if Alexander and Greenlaw battle to see who starts at WILL linebacker. The loser has to come off the field and likely loses about 65-70% of the snaps. These are problems other teams wish they had.

he a beast forsure fighting through that ****. but he was missing a lot of tackles in the SB.

he a beast forsure fighting through that ****. but he was missing a lot of tackles in the SB.
Mahomes straight up outran him on a scramble and beat him to the edge. Week 2 Kwon would have forced a throwaway or cleaned his clock. Or maybe mahomes is just sneaky quick and the big arm underrates his legs.

My dad and I get up for Oklahoma Football but, nothing replicates 49er football and the energy it exudes for me

In order to beat the most complete QB the game has ever seen, John Lynch, Saleh, York, and Shanny know they gotta build the most dominant D the league has ever seen.

My money says were an even better D next year, cause honestly it could be Niners-Chiefs in the SB the next two years

Man, there's nothing like NFL football. In the last few years, I've pretty much stopped watching other team sports entirely. I used to be a huge baseball fan, but after the Giants won 3x WS coupled with how boring the sport is, I can barely sit through a game. And basketball died in the '90s for me. Maybe because it was my childhood, but basketball was way cooler and more bad *** back then. Plus, both of those sports have waaaaaaaaaaay too many games.

Football is king. There's like the buildup and anticipation of Sundays. And the violence of the sport. As much society tells us it's bad, humans intrinsically gravitate towards violence. We love it; no, no--we need it.

Man, there's nothing like NFL football. In the last few years, I've pretty much stopped watching other team sports entirely. I used to be a huge baseball fan, but after the Giants won 3x WS coupled with how boring the sport is, I can barely sit through a game. And basketball died in the '90s for me. Maybe because it was my childhood, but basketball was way cooler and more bad *** back then. Plus, both of those sports have waaaaaaaaaaay too many games.

Football is king. There's like the buildup and anticipation of Sundays. And the violence of the sport. As much society tells us it's bad, humans intrinsically gravitate towards violence. We love it; no, no--we need it.
I love football the most too. The stakes feel higher since it's a one and done situation in the playoffs, the injury risk is alot higher, every part of a team really matters, the luck factor seems lower, and last of all, honestly, the violence. It feels like a Warrior's sport. I love basketball, hockey and baseball too, but football is the ultimate entertainment for competitive sports.

#2 game of the year right now on NFL network, 49ers vs Saints.
I put this game as #1 in my book. This game was insane. I was at the airport and the only loud one there lol...

Who do we have under contract right now for the wideouts? Deebo, Hurd, Trent and Pettis? Hope we can re-sign Sanders but wont front I hope KB can snatch Pettis’ spot or can get Trents spot if/when he gets hurt again. Gotta admit, KB really grew on me as the season went on. Im sure him and Deebo will be working hard together in the offseason

Shanny def has favorites and Pettis is not one of them, I'd be surprised to see him make the cut.

Who do we have under contract right now for the wideouts? Deebo, Hurd, Trent and Pettis? Hope we can re-sign Sanders but wont front I hope KB can snatch Pettis’ spot or can get Trents spot if/when he gets hurt again. Gotta admit, KB really grew on me as the season went on. Im sure him and Deebo will be working hard together in the offseason
KB’s energy is just fun

It's a bummer that I agree with you guys. Pettis was, IMO, the most disappointing player of 2019.

damn bros, i've avoided anything football related the past two weeks and haven't lurked in here much. feels like a part of me has been missing.

in any case, a WR group of Sanders/Deebo/Kittle/Hurd/Taylor gives me hope. I can see Taylor and Deebo being a nightmare for defenses in 3rd and < 5 situations

Back
Top Bottom