:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m definitely in the camp that they are targeting a playmaker WR. They didn’t let garçon go to head into the season with what they currently have. After Seeing jimmy go down, they can’t risk another year of no weapons around him to maximize the 2-3 year window that starts this season.

Same. We need a WR. And I dont mean drafting one in the 3rd-7th round. Antonio Brown should be a layup. Make it happen Lynch.

Same. We need a WR. And I dont mean drafting one in the 3rd-7th round. Antonio Brown should be a layup. Make it happen Lynch.
Right now I care about defense.

Shanahan can manufacture offense.

We have an all pro TE and McKinnon could potentially be another 5-800 yards out the backfield.

We.Want.Bosa.
giphy.gif

Crazy how we now really have a shot at drafting a guy that most of us really wanted and most people have as the best player at his position.....

I will be bitter if Antonio Brown Goes for a 3rd round pick to raiders.

Me too. Especially since they would probably trade him to the Niners first since its NFC. Bosa, Thomas and AB is the dream off season for me.

Crazy how we now really have a shot at drafting a guy that most of us really wanted and most people have as the best player at his position.....

Me too. Especially since they would probably trade him to the Niners first since its NFC. Bosa, Thomas and AB is the dream off season for me.
49ers could take Bosa at 2 but sounds like Giants are falling in love with Dwayne Haskins. Package would most likely include 6th overall their 37th overall pick and their 1st rounder next year. Yes moving up 4 spots in that part of draft costs that much. I still very much love Bosa’s ability but a big draft haul would change my tune for what is the correct organizational move.

So my body is ready for a trade down to 6. Even at 6 overall 49ers more than likely will have EDGE options Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, and Clelin Ferrell hell there’s a chance Josh Allen is still there. Leaving the opportunity with the 36 and 37th overall picks to trade up to 15th overall(all based on draft value chart). At 15th overall there will definitely be impact starters on the board. I think that’s where they should target a Offensive Tackle who can slide in at Guard(most likely Joe Staley’s last year) or Wide receiver that Kyle covets.

I see draft shaping up like
1. Kyler Murray cardinals
2. Dwayne Haskins Giants
3. Nick Bosa Jets
4. Quinnen Williams Raiders
5.Rashan Gary Buccaneers

Last edited:
49ers could take Bosa at 2 but sounds like Giants are falling in love with Dwayne Haskins. Package would most likely include 6th overall their 37th overall pick and their 1st rounder next year. Yes moving up 4 spots in that part of draft costs that much.

So my body is ready for a trade down to 6. Even at 6 overall 49ers more than likely will have EDGE options Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, and Clelin Ferrell. Leaving the opportunity with the 36 and 37th overall picks to trade up to 15th overall(all based on draft value chart). At 15th overall there will definitely be impact starters on the board. I think that’s where they should target a Offensive Tackle who can slide in at Guard(most likely Joe Staley’s last year) or Wide receiver that Kyle covets.

I want bosa, but im willing to bet they can find someone who will have a similar impact as bosa 3 or 4 picks later. I'm all for trading down for 2 firsts, and a second round pick. That first rounder next year is probably going to be a top 5 pick if the Giants really are looking to trade ODB like they have been talking about.

This team has more holes than just a DE to fill. Outside of Sherman, our secondary is food. We need linebackers outside of Warner. Our wide receiver group is thin. Matt Breida has been a breath of fresh air, but I don't think he is big enough to handle a full workload going forward. He got hurt like every other game. We still need another guard.

I'd rather try to trade down, sign someone like Justin Houston to mentor the 6th pick, fill some of the secondary holes through FA, then draft a WR, CB, or Tackle in the first round next year.

With the addition of Earl Thomas 49ers actually be able to get a fair evaluation of Ahkello Witherspoon. Last year Adrian Colbert in those first 7 games before the injury was out of position so often that it wasn’t a fair evaluation.

I want bosa, but im willing to bet they can find someone who will have a similar impact as bosa 3 or 4 picks later. I'm all for trading down for 2 firsts, and a second round pick. That first rounder next year is probably going to be a top 5 pick if the Giants really are looking to trade ODB like they have been talking about

This team has more holes than just a DE to fill. Outside of Sherman, our secondary is food. We need linebackers outside of Warner. Our wide receiver group is thin. Matt Breida has been a breath of fresh air, but I don't think he is big enough to handle a full workload going forward. He got hurt like every other game. We still need another guard.

I'd rather try to trade down, sign someone like Justin Houston to mentor the 6th pick, fill some of the secondary holes through FA, then draft a WR, CB, or Tackle in the first round next year.
I like this approach also. Justin Houston seems like a perfect fit as a pass rushing Leo for mentorship purposes. I think 49ers will be in on Ezekiel Ansah and Justin Houston when free agency starts. I expect patriots to also be after both guys.

If 49ers are able to land Josh Allen at 6 he would fill the SAM Linebacker role that Malcolm Smith was miscast into last year. Josh Allen provides exponentially more pass rush and cover ability.
Cardinals taking Kyler will open up a lot of different scenarios for 49ers and this one is the most ideal IMO. (And I obsessed over Bosa last 2 years)

All of this would lead to the Release of Malcolm Smith and Cassius Marsh.

Last edited:
The 2 to 3 players 49ers land In Free agency will be somewhat telling into what they will do with that 2 overall pick.

I dont understand why fixing the defense and adding legit playmakers on offense seem to be mutually exclusive for some people.

Definitely not mutually exclusive but i think the concern was that the niners would potentially trade away their #2 overall and in essence their shot at bosa/allen in exchange for AB/OBJ.

I look at it as a priotizing of needs. We need a pass rush, a possession and playmaking receiver, and improvements in the secondary. An improved pass rush can check two boxes in that it can mask having an average to below average secondary. (You could say that having a wr who can extend drives does that as well, just indirectly)

Pass rush or wr, it’s not far fetched to think this team can address both issues thru the draft and FA. Lots of WR in the FA pool who wouldnt cost the team a first but I think would add to this group of pettis, kittle, and goodwin. Wonder if this team would take a flier on Tate. He’s older but can still get open and stretch the field

Back
Top Bottom