:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a NFL where Daniel Jones and Kirk Cousins get $40 to $46 million annually. Hell Jared Goff is getting $53 million this year. Out of all the top paid qb’s this season, Purdy is better than a lot of them. But with qb being a premium position. Even $40 million annually is getting you a middle of the pack guy.

Qb salaries aren’t getting any lower, and the salary cap is just going to get higher and higher. If he gets $60 million a year this offseason, that’s going to look like a good deal within a year or two when guys start getting $70-75 million annually.

It's fair to expect that Brock is going to be the highest paid QB this coming offseason. Simple as that. The Niners have longed for a franchise QB for decades and now that they have that, they will pay him what he deserves. What they need to do is not waste time and try to finesse the numbers. Don't do that with Brock. Do that with everyone else.

^
Exactly. If Trevor Lawrence can make 55mil per year and Dak 60 per year, there's no way Brock isn't worth that.

I would take Brock Purdy over those two any day of the week. And I’m saying this acknowledging that Purdy did greatly benefit from landing in a much more stable situation than someone like Trevor Lawrence. But at the end of the day he’s also done more than pull his weight. You don’t get talked about as a potential MVP candidate in your second season because you’re just there for the ride on a good team. He benefited from where he was drafted and going to a team with talent, but everything beyond that in terms of the success he’s had. That’s on him.

He’s handled adversity well too. And that’s a big part of the game. The 3 game losing streak last year, the MNF game on Christmas. He carries himself well beyond that of a 3rd year player, he’s earned his respect in that locker room.

It’s just weird though how a lot of these same NFL analysts and goofballs like Grant Cohn love to push that “Purdy has been figured out” talking point after a game like the Vikings game. Yet crickets when CJ Stroud had an even worse performance against that same good Vikings defense. And I don’t think it’s a big deal for either of them. They’re both very good qb’s who had a rough day against a very good defense on the road. That’s football for you at times.

Its different when it happens twice to the same team cedric ceballos cedric ceballos

They’ll wash the Vikings whenever they play them at Levi’s. Ideally this January. But I remember watching a prime Tom Brady struggle against the Dolphins in Miami on multiple occasions even when the Dolphins were trash and New England was stacked. The 49ers made Aaron Rodgers look not like Aaron Rodgers multiple times. Sometimes twice in the same season. It happens sometimes.

IMG_9032.jpeg

On another note. What’s up with them getting all strict about all the tailgating stuff at Levi’s. I’m going Sunday and seems like there’s a bunch of new rules, or stuff they never enforced before but want to enforce now. Either way that **** is annoying.

Back
Top Bottom