:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How long is our window for and how many more years until Shanny is on the hot seat?

How long is our window for and how many more years until Shanny is on the hot seat?

they just went to the SB after being stinkers under previous regimes for like 5 years straight so i'd assume shanny and lynch are pretty damn safe. lynch won exec of the year.

"window" is pretty tough to gauge right now. depends on who comes and who goes. (kittle, armstead, ward, blair, emanuel sanders all up for contracts) who gets injured, who stays healthy. theres a long time til wk 1.

id say move #1 would be to shake up this junkyard bunch of running backs.

we've got a beast in breida but clearly he's got to go: kyle has no trust in him with the fumbles, breida hasn't actually had a carry in weeks. 0 carries at the super bowl.
mckinnon gotta go he's the ******* money vacuum with 0 snaps at all ever.
tcole ok but sure not worth the nut we paying him.

wavy raheem mostert best RB on team right now and he has kyles trust (also why did he get so few carries last night when he was carving them up?). gotta fill out the depth behind him with late round gems and UDFAs. It seemed like we had the 3 headed dragon RB team all year and yet by the super bowl the dragon had just 1 head.

RBs under mostert need to be let go to save $.

Pettis need to be traded for ANYTHING. (also 0 snaps in super bowl)

Ugh, it hurts watching this. What do you guys think will cross Kyle's mind when he sees this?

Ugh, I can't stop watching this. Everyone is piling it on Kyle and maybe rightfully so, but when you watch this, Kyle is vindicated. The plays were there. We always hear coaches say, "we need to execute better." This is exactly what they're referring to.

Ugh, I can't stop watching this.

the sanders one really hurts and feels like its definitely a moment jimmy legitimately got exposed.

he had bourne WIDE open. either doesn't see him or decides not to make the relatively easy first down throw,

instead attempts the HOMERUN BIG THROW for sanders, has him wide open, and sails it. the protection was great, he just had to get the ball there.

curse you, baldy, for making bad things look even worse by breaking them down so well.

I mean cmon everyone’s trying to burn Shanahan on his play calling. Baldy just exposed the truth, you gotta look at the plays ran. It’s set up perfectly but players just need to execute it.

jimmy had 4 plays right there...

I change my mind, this is on Jimmy. Kyle had the plays drawn up.

I mean cmon everyone’s trying to burn Shanahan on his play calling. Baldy just exposed the truth, you gotta look at the plays ran. It’s set up perfectly but players just need to execute it.

the plays he called were fine they just weren't run plays nor called often enough.

could have had points when had possession at end of 2nd half with 3 time outs. burns them and clock instead.

had possession at start of 2nd half didn't run the ball enough. left enough time on the clock for them to comeback 10+ pts.

its not like he didnt' call good passing plays that could theoretically have worked. its that he needed to call those run plays to manage the clock, and did not.

Ugh, I can't stop watching this. Everyone is piling it on Kyle and maybe rightfully so, but when you watch this, Kyle is vindicated. The plays were there. We always hear coaches say, "we need to execute better." This is exactly what they're referring to.

This is what I mean. He was dialing em up, after watching all this. I think it was more of an execution issue. Which this team was executing all season. Just man...

This is what I mean. He was dialing em up, after watching all this. I think it was more of an execution issue. Which this team was executing all season. Just man...

It really was, bro. It really was. We hear the phrase "we need to execute better" so often that it sounds cliche. Almost like a hollow saying coaches use to buy time until they can identify the real problem.

But it's the truth. The difference between winning and losing last night was execution. The tape shows that the table was set, and the tape never lies. And I hate to point fingers, but the biggest culprit last night was the guy making the most money.

For starters, try and put points on the board when you have 1:49 and 3 timeouts. Not to mention get the ball back after half.

Running the clock down was disgusting.
I was extremely frustrated when they didn't call the damn time out after KC's 3 and out KNOWING that KC has a power house offense that is difficult to contain and can score in bunches.

That first play that Baldy broke down was one that I was implying last night

3rd & 7... You run a ******* 1-2yd slant route, CB is draped all over Coleman and he’s stopped immediately

What in the world are you thinking Jimmy???

What made it worse was Kittle had no one around him... Could’ve easily turned that into a 15yd gain :smh: :smh:

Listening to the radio all day and it hurts hearing everybody breakdown how the Niners were a few plays away from winning the game. The fact is that they didn’t win and that’s just how it plays out sometimes. I have full faith in Shanahan and the entire organization. This 2019 team played balls out the entire year and I was glued to my TV every week they played. Thanks for a great season. Gonna rock this tee to the gym today.
56B4A47D-76E0-4BB9-8E0C-550EF891D3DF.jpeg

That first play that Baldy broke down was one that I was implying last night

3rd & 7... You run a ****ing 1-2yd slant route, CB is draped all over Coleman and he’s stopped immediately

What in the world are you thinking Jimmy???

What made it worse was Kittle had no one around him... Could’ve easily turned that into a 15yd gain :smh: :smh:
i was hoping they would target Kittle more man
man is a beast let him make the ******* plays

If Jimmy G doesnt go to the 'office' next week and begin work on fixing his peripheral vision, inability to look off the defense, eliminating his telegraphic ways, and solving his deep ball accuracy issue, then does it mean he ain't serious about mastering his craft?

Somebody keep an eye on him and see what kind of work he puts in this summer cause I ain't sold on the pretty boy.

Like Steve Young talking about Walsh’s scripting plays...“I can script the whole game if I can get players that will do what I tell them to do.”

That’s my thought on Kyle, he stays scheming up openings, players have to execute. Now I do wish he ran more but it’s not like his pass plays were garbage calls.

John Lynch gets the utmost credit from me man. Can't say enough about how he built this defense that led us to the Super Bowl.

Offensively, however, proved we are still lacking in certain aspects to win it all.

Lynch did his job to build a top defense. Now its Kyle's turn to prove he can generate an offense that's worthy of carrying our 49er tradition.

We're almost there....just have to get the type of players who have the Mamba Mentality to execute when it matters most.

I'm not that worried about the NFC WEST next season. Especially if the boys come into 2020 with revenge on their mind...... Rams have traded away so many picks in the last 2 years and have so much money tied into 4 players....its going to be hard for them to draft the best players or sign players to get better. The don't have the depth we have and injuries ( which every team has) can really hurt them going forward. Cardinals are still young,getting better but they still have holes and are not ready...we will be battling Seattle yet again next season for NFC West supremacy.

Back
Top Bottom