:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

should've drafted Manziel, guarantee he wins that game
49er fans at my job know they were two run plays away from losing that game.
That 49ers secondary was horrible, Romo was just worst.
A couple fun quotes from their thread. 
roll.gif

A couple fun quotes from their thread. 
roll.gif
So you're going to ignore how bad your secondary played, and that you couldn't stop the run?
Our secondary had three turnovers and we played without our #1 and #2 pretty much all game long.  And aside from some garbage time yards, I dont see how anyone could reasonably look at the game and say our secondary didnt shut down the Cowboys passing game.  And you bringing up the run is irrelevant, as that has nothing to do with what I quoted.

Stop Aaron, you're using too much logic.

Our young, rookie DBs gave the Cowgirls the work.

Last edited:
Imo. The 49ers secondary is better than last year's. Which isn't saying much. Haha! But this secondary is better at covering. Whitner was awful back there. Once the entire D is back, qb's are going to have throw quicker. Which should force more int's then what last year's secondary got. Which imo was a overrated secondary.

Last edited:

Jeff Sperbeck@jeffsperbeck 9m
@LaMichaelJames appreciates the @49ers for granting him his release request & allowing him to pursue his career elsewhere.
 Matt Maiocco@MaioccoCSN 2m
49ers grant LaMichael James request to release him, his agent @jeffsperbeck says. As it turns out, team should not have cut Glenn Winston.
F*** James. Still bothers me he got the sole carry on first down that last drive in the Super Bowl when we got Frank Gore and Anthony Dixon on the sideline. 

I wouldn't go that far after one gm I gotta see some more gms before I judge the secondary but that front 7 is still a beast :smokin

Dontae Johnson+Jimmie Ward > Carlos Rogers+Tarell Brown

I love when DJ slapped the ball out of the WR's hands on that hitch from behind him. One of the huge advantages of being a 6'2 DB. :lol:  

Last edited:
I also think it is hilarious that whenever I or someone else brought up the fact that we completely took over Jerry World and outnumbered Cowboy fans by a good amount, Cowboy fans brought up the 2011 game....and claim it was the same thing.  It was not.  I was at that 2011 game. And while there were a lot of Cowboy fans there, they were still outnumbered by a good amount.  If I had to guess, I would say 20-25% Cowboy fans. 

Yesterday's game was not even close.  Based on what I was told by friends/family who were in attendance, I would say that the crowd was made up of about 40% Cowboy fans.

I wouldn't go that far after one gm I gotta see some more gms before I judge the secondary but that front 7 is still a beast :smokin

True... but I stand by the upgrade at SS whitner was terrible. I wish they could've kept TB though. Culiver is a better slot db imo. Not defending a 2. I have concerns about the front 7. The game really made me realize how great Bowman and A Smith are. I think the O is good enough to weather the storm though. Oh, and Carlos will be a 1000+ yard back. Dude is a beast.

Culliver has never played the slot nor does he feature the desired skill set to do so.

Last edited:
What position was Culliver playing in 2012? I thought it was slot? If not, my mistake.

Last edited:
What position was Culliver playing in 2012?
Chris played "boundary" and Tarell played " field" for most of the time.

He usually lined against the receiver closest to hash marks playing what they call "boundary corner", but the Niners move their guys around to both sides. He never played the slot, though. Rogers and Cox played the slot.

Last edited:

True... but I stand by the upgrade at SS whitner was terrible. I wish they could've kept TB though. Culiver is a better slot db imo. Not defending a 2. I have concerns about the front 7. The game really made me realize how great Bowman and A Smith are. I think the O is good enough to weather the storm though. Oh, and Carlos will be a 1000+ yard back. Dude is a beast.

Churchhhhh couldn't have said that any better fam I totally agree after the first point.

He usually lined against the opposite team's split end or the receiver furthest from the hash marks playing what they call "field corner", but the Niners move their guys around to both sides. He never played the slot, though. Rogers and Cox played the slot.

I could've sworn I recalled him defending dudes like Randall Cobb. Probably was Carlos though. Haha!

I also think it is hilarious that whenever I or someone else brought up the fact that we completely took over Jerry World and outnumbered Cowboy fans by a good amount, Cowboy fans brought up the 2011 game....and claim it was the same thing.  It was not.  I was at that 2011 game. And while there were a lot of Cowboy fans there, they were still outnumbered by a good amount.  If I had to guess, I would say 20-25% Cowboy fans. 

Safety Donte Whitner, in his first year with the 49ers, didn't expect to see so many Cowboys jerseys. "I was very surprised," he told the San Francisco Chronicle. "They had their own chants. It was almost like a split house."

Yeah 20-25%...

LOL.

He might have if GB flexed him out wide. I don't remember that specifically, though.

i made a mistake on my post: i meant boundary, not field. tarell played field most of the time, carlos rogers played the slot and boundary in base and CC was nickel back. niners play so many coverages from bracket to robber to all kinds of variations cover 1/2/3 man/zone it's hard to give one answer to encompass everything they do. it's not like seattle's secondary where  they almost exclusively use cover1/cover3 sky/cloud coverage and nobody moves around.

Last edited:

Safety Donte Whitner, in his first year with the 49ers, didn't expect to see so many Cowboys jerseys. "I was very surprised," he told the San Francisco Chronicle. "They had their own chants. It was almost like a split house."

Yeah 20-25%...

LOL.
You can laugh all you want.  There is absolutely no way there was as large a % of Cowboy fans at Candlestick at 2011 as there were 49er fans in Dallas yesterday.  Not even close.

You can laugh all you want.  There is absolutely no way there was as large a % of Cowboy fans at Candlestick at 2011 as there were 49er fans in Dallas yesterday.  Not even close.

Ahh yes, quotes from coaches and players couldn't possibly outweigh the opinion from a shaded 49ers fan.

LOL. I got it chief...

Back
Top Bottom