Official Rockets (55-27) Season Thread-5th place, HCA

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Sigh, I have been Rockets fan since back in the day when my dad traveled to Houston for business and Pittsburgh nor Cincy had an NBA team. Gotta get things right with this team.

Good news is, I do have all 5 starting jerseys of the 94-95 championship team and WILL be framing them for my basement in my new house (still looking). Awesome. I mean, Otis Thorpe? Who has his jersey?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
My dude.
pimp.gif

As for the game, wow, just wow. Great effort, but again, the Rockets come up short.

Anthony Carter hits the shot of his life.
sick.gif
tired.gif

How long has chuck hayes been butchering free throw shots? I laughed for ten minutes last night. Tell me I haven't been missing out on this un-intentionalcomedy for a long time.

We need to bring someone in who can hit an open shot (consistently), and drive to the hoop occasionally instead of chucking up 3s. Someone like that may behard to find though.

I've mentioned many times before that I think we should go after Andre Miller at the PG position.
I think he'll be a great fit for this team.

James, Steve and Rafer just ain't cutting it.
Rafer is the closest thing we have to a PG.......

^Yeah I'm begining to hate Rafer less and less, because he really is our best option. I just wish Stevie was half of what he used to be.

at walgreens...where everything is perfect....

trade rafer for chris paul
chuck hayes for dwight howard
yao for a better coach....

kobe is now a jumpshooter primarily too b/c of his groind and is shooting around 32% for the last 6-7 games. should the lakers trade kobe?

tmac just needs to rest up and get back on the court and play like he did b4 the injury. when players like tmac or kobe don't have their explosiveness, allthey are is a jumpshooter. both are not great jumpshooters but more of a rhythm shooter. since they can't get easy baskets, it's hard for them to getin a rhythm.

hopefully tracy will be back v. chicago

I'm calling it now. Tmac will 'sprain' another part of his body and will be 'forced' to sit out a game or two.

^ LOL at the Tmac comment.
He just doesn't attack anymore, he'd much rather shoot than drive hard to the basket.
But with him being so injury-prone, I can't really fault him.

The ball moves much better when there's either Yao or Tmac on the court. But when they are both on the court, it's a different story.

^It looks like he and Luther Head are starting to get more minutes rather than James, but we'll see how all the guards' minutes are split up whenFrancis returns. Personally, I'd love to see Brooks continue to keep getting more minutes.

i think rick has found his rotation. head and brooks will play a lot more to man the guards. now hopefully he'll replace either battier or hayes so ourfirst can look better.

i think the rox finally found that rotation they can play with. the season is still young.

it took us 20+ games to see how useless the new acquisitions of francis and james are

Originally Posted by mjreborn

it took us 20+ games to see how useless the new acquisitions of francis and james are
useless?

for this team, yes. i think those 2 will never play again barring an injury. brooks and head run the offense much better and are better shooters.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by mjreborn

useless?

for this team, yes. i think those 2 will never play again barring an injury. brooks and head run the offense much better and are better shooters.

I agree, Head and Brooks give us a way better chance to win than those 2.

Back
Top Bottom