Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan1

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

Wait who actually had the nerve to question lil penny Lebron kicks?
you all better stop! dude has HEEEAAAAATT!!

Don't take it the wrong way lilpenny but are you really looking forward to a low quality retro 15 years from now?

Low quality? No. Retro Lebrons in general? Yes. I have followed the Line since I got the first games and og Azg... Ive put a lot of money into the shoe line and liked mostly all shoes shoes besides the 5s and 6s... Don't care for the 9s much either.
I just think if they wanna go the nike id route then dont release 20 colorways to the stores and have bron wear another 20 pes.... Why does 1 shoe need to have 100 colorways?

Imagine how detrimental it would be to jordan brand if one of their heads put 1-23 on Nike ids.... Sure it would be cool to see some of the colorways but it defeats the purpose of collecting and drops the sentimental value of the shoe when you cant even tell if a dude is wearing fakes or ids anymore..

You gotta realize your perspective is different from about 99 pct of people who buy the Lebron line. You have access to every PE colorway

Not everybody wants to pay 700-1000 dollars so they can have a colorway different from the GRs. Thousands of more people benefit from it this way.

For those looking for BHM's, NT Santa Monica has 8, 8.5, 10.5 and 14 right now, and they are taking phone orders (310) 393-7384

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

Wait who actually had the nerve to question lil penny Lebron kicks?
you all better stop! dude has HEEEAAAAATT!!

Don't take it the wrong way lilpenny but are you really looking forward to a low quality retro 15 years from now?

Low quality? No. Retro Lebrons in general? Yes. I have followed the Line since I got the first games and og Azg... Ive put a lot of money into the shoe line and liked mostly all shoes shoes besides the 5s and 6s... Don't care for the 9s much either.
I just think if they wanna go the nike id route then dont release 20 colorways to the stores and have bron wear another 20 pes.... Why does 1 shoe need to have 100 colorways?

Imagine how detrimental it would be to jordan brand if one of their heads put 1-23 on Nike ids.... Sure it would be cool to see some of the colorways but it defeats the purpose of collecting and drops the sentimental value of the shoe when you cant even tell if a dude is wearing fakes or ids anymore..
You mean it hurts your business? Not everyone has access to all these amazing LeBron PEs or even your Yeezy 2s a little early.
I would much rather pay 230 for an ID than to drop 1000 on a PE. At the end of the day I'm getting something I like and that's unique.

Anyways you're not seeing colors, like slate blue, cannon, or the abyss blue/green or any of these hyped colorways so why are you so worried? Those OG shoes will always have their little "Legacy" word to the South Beach 8

It dont hurt my business at all. Pes will always be bought and sold.

Im a collector before a "reseller" or pe "connect" any day.

It's just my personal opinion that Nikeid should be somewhat restricted to team shoes and non player signature shoes IE Lebrons, kobes, durants etc unless it's a zoom soldier or a team jordan..

I'd understand it a little more if this was like the 90s when a new jordan model came out you got 3-6 colors and thats it. I always wanted to make jordans in different colors back then but to make the 1-23 legendary and unique I think it was a smart decision to keep those off Nike id..

I'm all for lebron's and any other major sig being on NIKEiD. I don't feel like ID's take anything away from GR's. And I don't see how how could a NIKEiD Lebron affect future retroes.

It's just my personal opinion that Nikeid should be somewhat restricted to team shoes and non player signature shoes IE Lebrons, kobes, durants etc unless it's a zoom soldier or a team jordan..

I'd understand it a little more if this was like the 90s when a new jordan model came out you got 3-6 colors and thats it. I always wanted to make jordans in different colors back then but to make the 1-23 legendary and unique I think it was a smart decision to keep those off Nike id..
I'll back you up lol
I can definitely see where you're coming from.  It kind of makes collecting irrelevant (although I know not everybody's into "collecting").
I think everybody at least likes the feeling of having an insane-looking exclusive pair of kicks that not everybody else has.
If there's a bunch of crazy-looking, and sometimes tacky, IDs walking around then the challenge of chasing a grail like HWC 7s or 112 8s is basically out the window.  Don't you guys like it when people like myself envy your collection?
Not that you guys probably care about the opinion of a new guy like myself.
tongue.gif

I see your point. And no I dont like or want people to envy my collection. Different people have different passions and some people put more money into certain things.

Me having a bunch of rare and expensive shoes isnt going to get me a great job in life or a hot wife or erase my problems. Yes I do see your point about having something exclusive and something not everybody is wearing but when you really think about it..... HOW MANY GIRLS KNOW YOUR SHOES BY NAME OR CARE IF YOU GOT THE SAME LEBRONS AS THE NEXT MAN? I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT BREAKING OTHER DUDES AND SNEAKERHEADS NECKS NOW-A-DAYS RATHER THAN JUST BUYING WHAT THEY LIKE REGARDLESS IF EVERYBODY IN THEIR CITY HAS IT OR JUST A FEW PEOPLE.

Thanks for the reply btw

Originally Posted by jjohnson3861

I'll back you up lol
I can definitely see where you're coming from.  It kind of makes collecting irrelevant (although I know not everybody's into "collecting").
I think everybody at least likes the feeling of having an insane-looking exclusive pair of kicks that not everybody else has.
If there's a bunch of crazy-looking, and sometimes tacky, IDs walking around then the challenge of chasing a grail like HWC 7s or 112 8s is basically out the window.  Don't you guys like it when people like myself envy your collection?
Not that you guys probably care about the opinion of a new guy like myself.
tongue.gif

And what's not to say that the HWC's or the 112's aren't tacky in someone elses eyes? It's all personal preference at the end of the day. And here is Nike giving you the chance to create something to your own personal likings. But yet some of you guys rather just be satisfied with only what Nike throws at you. I'm not in it to have people envying my shoes. I'm in it to wear what I like.

Feeling those sj IDs. I think when people look back on retro brons they will like the limited and gr cws and wish they could cop ogs. I think IDs are more for us now to be able to produce a cw that fits more our style and liking, plus its always a cool thing to say you had input in what your shoe looks like. I think down the road people will still feel the og cws lebron produced just like they did Jordans, but they will also see people were able to produce what they wanted and wish they could do the same. Today we are able to rock the "og" cws, IDs, and customs....it's great to be a sneaker addict these days.

Went to Lenox Mall today.

Was able to scoop up a pair of Cool Greys from Champs and the BHMs from Athletes Foot.

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

I still need to get a pair of the Triple Blacks and maybe the Swingmans and I'll be done with the IXs (I think
laugh.gif
)

FYI for the ATL heads, Walters will be carrying the Big Bangs. One of the dudes that works there said they won't be having a midnight release for them but they will be available that morning on a first come first serve basis.

^bad idea putting that spot out there. you probably will see ppl camping out Monday. it's a friendly gesture but you gotta realize there are sharks so to speak, out here lurking.

Originally Posted by s dubl

saw NikeID and someother dude on twitter post pics of the new options yesterday... I said the speckles look like !%%$, and they need to be schooled by BG03 in the speckle game. Dude got mad haha.

If those speckles come out anything like the 180 IDs they'll be
sick.gif

anyway... my first Lebrons EVAR!
20t30o0.jpg
nice
these are still available? bay area? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom