Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

LeBron 9. Nike dropped the roman numerals and cush designation from the shoe name starting with the 8's last year. I think it's a great move and other lines should adopt. Let the roman numerals die with the Air Jordan line. We all grew up learning it with the Jordans but the new kids these days (and I'm sure some older folks too) get confused, are searching from the wrong things, etc. It's just a giant waste of time for everyone. No need for roman numerals, so I'm glad the LeBron team dropped it. We all should too. Simple is better.

Also, here's a new pic of the LeBron 9 I took earlier on the @CounterKicks Twitter. I'll get better shots going soon with more details. Then some court sessions.

scaled.php

Yea saying "Air Max Lebron VIII" would have gotten kind of annoying. Just Lebron 8 was much easier ecspecially because they did multiple versions with different techs. Having a "v" for the numeral and also a "v" for version would have been a bit cumbersome.

Steez, shoes look a better proportionallyin your newest shot. Looking forward to your review

Originally Posted by Steez

Also, here's a new pic of the LeBron 9 I took earlier on the @CounterKicks Twitter. I'll get better shots going soon with more details. Then some court sessions.

scaled.php
These flat out don't look good in this CW, but I can see them looking dope in the right CW.

scaled.php

In a casual sense these are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 and considering i didnt like the way the 8 v3 felt on court looks like im going to pass on the 9s. Any word on if they'll make multiple versions like they did with the 8?

One thing I can't get over with, is the design of the 180 unit... It looks too plain starting from the mid section.

What size are those posted?

for those saying these can't be worn casually, what is the basis of the argument? maybe not with slimmer jeans but some jeans and khaki's can pull off the look imo

LeBron 9. Nike dropped the roman numerals and cush designation from the shoe name starting with the 8's last year. I think it's a great move and other lines should adopt. Let the roman numerals die with the Air Jordan line. We all grew up learning it with the Jordans but the new kids these days (and I'm sure some older folks too) get confused, are searching from the wrong things, etc. It's just a giant waste of time for everyone. No need for roman numerals, so I'm glad the LeBron team dropped it. We all should too. Simple is better.
roman numerals work when you look for em online... imagine looking for a size 9 pair of lebron 9 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
"size 9 lebron IX" is easier to distinguish

These things are busted. The mid design cut is to far in, making the front toe area look long. The air max unit looks weak. The swoosh is way to long. Jason P, I know your reading this, when is that v2 dropping, yall done +*%*%# up the Lebron line.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

roman numerals work when you look for em online... imagine looking for a size 9 pair of lebron 9 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
"size 9 lebron IX" is easier to distinguish

It's a fun theoretical I suppose but we all know that's not actually how things work. For one, that's a very small slice of what someone would search for, in this case I could only assume an eBay auction. The sellers listing an item will more often than not run a title like this though: "Air Jordan IX (9) Size 9". In other words, they're already translating the worthless roman numerals into regular numbers that most people are searching for anyways. And that's JUST for eBay, etc. I pictured more of a bigger sense. When people are searching for these shoes out there on the Internet, the average, everyday, non-sneakerhead type is not punching in roman numerals in their queries. They may have heard about the shoe from a friend or seen it somewhere, but overwhelmingly it'll be entered as a regular number. Honestly, the only reason I see people grasping onto it is because it's "always been"...people grew up with the roman numeral Air Jordan signature line, so everything else follows suit. In reality, it's confusing some people, adding unnecessary characters to a title, and really just adding another layer no matter how quickly your brain converts it. It's a vestigial attachment that doesn't really serve an essential purpose to anything. Look at how ridiculous the end of the Air Jordan line got with the mix of roman numerals and numbers. It's a joke. I'm in favor of not seeing roman numerals on any shoes, any more. It's not needed. Internet era. Short, quick, to the point. Keep it simple for EVERYONE.

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Honestly if these shoes didn't have the Lebron sig 99% of you guys that say you like them would not like them

and 99% of the people that say they DONT like them will be the main ones hyping up the shoe if theres a limited release.. lol..

All it takes is for Nike to release a colorway and say a handful of stores getting them..

i.e. Lebron South Beach's first release... and also Ray Allen XIIIs..lol... 

It will be a rerun until the end of time...

You already know.. And it's gonna make it harder for people like me, who actually likes the shoe to get them. Smh. And I recall majority of (NT) people were not fans of the 8s at first either

I never use roman numerals when I'm discussing about shoes like kobe 6 or lebron 8..

I only use roman numerals when I'm discussing the Air Jordan line..

Back
Top Bottom