Official Raptors Season Thread [41-41]

I havent chimed in here in a while.

Against the Cavs:
We let up wayy too many 3 point attempts, especially to Damon Jones and Boobie Gibson. We have to look out for that on Wednesday when we take on the cavsagain. Bosh was a beast.

Against Memphis:
meh, decent game. Nice to pull it out.

Against the Bulls:
we bent a little early, but never broke. Moon was great, especially on D.

I dont wanna speak to early, but it looks like Bosh is out of his slump. He looks much more comfortable out there, on both ends of the floor. Im looking forhim to have around 25 and 8 each night now, especially against guys like Gooden, or bigger guys like Z where he can beat off the dribble from 18. Moon has beenplaying great so far this season, ever since he stepped into the starting line up (i still SMH at me for saying he shouldnt be starting or playing. imdefinately wrong on that). jose has been great the past few games while TJ has been out with injury.

Speaking of TJ, any news on when hes going to be back at all? I know he has stingers in his left arm, but I dont know how long hes going to be out for.

And, I think Joey is now expendable. If Moon is the real deal, it means we can give up Joey for a player who can pull rebounds out of his behind all day. Imean, If Joey isnt going to get any minutes at all, why keep him when we can go out and get someone to address a need we have.

Still almost no burn for Garbo. Im just wondering if he is actually still injured, or if he is just really in Sam's doghouse.

GO RAPS! CHEA!

^
frown.gif

So i guess thats why hes not getting any burn this year.

the raps told him not to ball this summer.I can totally understand garbs wanting to get out there and ball but he hurt himself more than helped himself and asa 30 year old..you dont bounce back as quick.I kinda liken this injury to grant hill's if not worse and we all saw how long it took hill to come back andhe was injured in his 20's.

Well, great win last night against Memphis. Things really go well when we move the ball, play smart, and ultimately hit shots.

what was it, 7 guys in double figures? pretty damn sweet

Hopefully Bosh and Bargs are feeling OK after last night. Bosh has a groin problem, while Bargs has a right knee contusion

On the bright side, Rasho is back, which is good. And Jose is playing the best basketball on the team the past four games. something like 48 assists and 1turnover. This dude has to be locked up long term. Eventually, at some point in his career, he is going to be an all star.

CHEA

I havent been here in a while.
laugh.gif

anyway, I really like how the Raptors played last night. ESPECIALLY without Bosh most of the game and Bargnani in the final quarter. This is how the teamshould play today. And I am convinced that Jose Calderon should be starting in place of TJ. I mean, with his AST:TO ratio, that is just monster. SMitch shouldsee how the team works with TJ coming off the bench instead of Jose.

I hope the Raptors can stay consistant with the absence of Bosh and Bargs. Both are questionable tomorrow vs. the Cavs but it's likely Bargs is going toplay, while Bosh isnt.

CHEA.

Anyone heard about the situation with the Raptors and the Spanish National team? From an article I read, they said there was conflict on whos fault it was thathe got injured. The Raptors urged him not to play in the FIBA tournament last summer while Spain was quoted to have said that they needed him eventhough they had already qualified for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Playing in the FIBA tourney must have put some pressure on the injury.

in other news, Cavs tonight and Bargs playing chance tonight is probably while Bosh is doubtful. Cleveland is also going to be missing LeBron due to a fingersprain. Without each teams star players, this game all comes down to depth. On paper, it would show that we have a lot of depth, but what works out on paper,might not work out in real life (see Rafael Araujo
laugh.gif
). Let's just hope Jose keeps up his stellar play and we have a balanced attack and strong defencewithout Bosh; just like we had the other night against Memphis.

CHEAAAAA !

Were definately playing well the past few games. Its good to see that were going in to play phoenix with some momentum.

Hopefully that Bosh and Bargs come back for this next game, and that TJ could possibly come off the bench.

Apoc, I totally agree that TJ should come off the bench for the next while. With Jose in there, we have such a better team game, which is how the raptors excelin the league

CHEA

Shop Ford, don't keep him around, he's too valuable, you could get a key piece to the puzzle for him.

not yet. we shouldnt ship him yet. maybe wait till mid season, see how Jose does for a while in the starters position. See how he plays against the top teams.

I dont think we can trade Ford anyways, I read something about teams not being able to trade players in the base year of their contract(his new contract kickedin this season).

I wonder if we'll be able to resign Calderon. He could easily get 5 years/$40 mill.+ on a dozen other teams in the league.

I don't often post here but in my opinion the Raptors need another superstar caliber player to play with CB4 to really be a legit championshipcontender.......but as of now they don't have it, although I don't know how good Bargnani will be but he has a lot of potential from what I hear andthe few games I have seen him play .........but if I were a Raptors fan I'd be very happy with the GM in Colangelo.........but damn......I look back andthink if they had Colangelo 4 years ago instead of that *%+#*#+ Rob Babcock...............VC would have stayed and never "dogged"effort.......Raptors likely would draft Iguodala in 04........man who knows the possibilities.......throw T.J. Ford in that mix, I'd pick Toronto to comeout of the East......over Boston.....but regardless, they are now headed in the right direction with good young players and a good GM.......but to reallycontend they will need another star player that perfectly compliments CB4....they already have the right pieces.....although I think they are one major pieceaway from doing something serious in the playoffs......especially in the East.....

Can't wait for Bosh to be back. We've played pretty well without him so his return should give the team the boost we need to win consitantly. As forBargs...hopefully he'll come back from his injury with renewed confidence and play like he did last year. Hopefully we'll have all 3 guys back beforethe brutal West Coast road trip. I hate how it's always at this time of the year, when I'll be in town. Oh well Raptors TV should ease the pain
pimp.gif

thanks bullsrepeat. I think we all know that were one guy away from being a very good team that can possibly come out of the east. And heres the problem withshipping ford. If we trade ford, we have to get a point guard in return anyway to fill the backup spot to jose (copyright, vcisking). Basically, heres what weneed. One big that can rebound everything that comes his way, and a backup point guard if we let TJ go.

Main focus for the offseason this upcoming year. Sign Jose. We MUST do that. This is where Kapono's big contract might bite us in the behinds.

I have a feeling Jamario is going to want an extention or more money at the end of the year too.

Here is the difference between TJ and Jose

When TJ passes, most of his passes are on the mark. However, there seems to be a lack of communication between the two players that pass the ball and theperson who recieves the pass. Now, when Jose passes the ball, Jose makes sure the recipient knows that he is getting the ball. Its not totally TJ's fault,but at the same time it seems there is a lack of communication between the two players. Hence, why I think Jose should be our starter. Again, I dont blame TJfor some of the decisions he makes, because the players should be aware. But at the same time, TJ should know that when the players arent expecting it, to notthrow the ball.

Its halftime durring the C's game, and we can already see that the Raps need Bosh and Bargs back. Pronto. We will not win many games without those two.

stupid Raptors NBA TV.
laugh.gif

anyway, according to the boxscore; the score is 49-72 Boston. C'mon RAPS!

CHEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...a Bosh return and a win over Houston. All we need now is Bargs to be back so we can get set for that dreadful west coastroadtrip.

Calderon is a legit 10 pts, 10 assists guy as a starter. They should bring Ford off the bench for a spark. I'm looking forward to Bargnani returning. Thisteam could really be something good once they get some consistent lineups.

Prayers are with TJ right now. Hope dude doesnt have to go through what he went through with the Bucks. Hope he is healthy. Todays game was secondary inregards to TJ's injury. Just hope nothing is too serious.

Its unfortunate that as soon as we have a full roster, two guys go down again. Hope Kapono's injury isnt so bad.

Good win, Dallas tommorow

Get well TJ

Back
Top Bottom