***Official Political Discussion Thread***

then your problem is with the audience, not the media.

people show first take because people like to watch first take.
people do horse race argument style political show because that's what the audience wants to watch.

My problem, which I have stated numerous times, is the journalist and organizations

I think Jamelle Bouie take on Harris is correct

Ok, she has political weaknesses. But her main political weaknesses right now if that she is in the Biden Administration

She has poor political instincts, and she ran a bad primary campaign. Those are fair concerns

But then to turn around and say you want to run an unproven candidate kinda weakens the footing of that argument.

Black woman are the most reliable voting block, but also they are from my experience he most committed to the parties success.

Donate, active at party meetings, knock on doors, participate in get out the vote efforts, phone banking, you name it. And they probably don't have a negative view on Kamala Harris

If you are just gonna bypass Harris for a white person, you can't just be flippant about it and tell a much of people that work hard for you over and over that someone that looks like them is too big of a liability

To the skip over Harris to nominate someone that has never ran a National campaign before.

With all this talk of "elites" in the Democratic Party being out of touch with voters. A back room deal to push aside a black woman that would be the natural fit to replace the President, and a long time Dem might seem like a easy plan to a political junkie, but some people gonna look at that move funny.

Because you are gonna have to turn around and tell these same people to please work as hard as possible to help the party, because if Trump wins everyone is ******. And we all know that black women will be more screwed than many other Dem voting factions.

So yeah, people can want someone other than Harris, but dismissing her outright isn't gonna play as well as people think IMO.

Last edited:

Ok, she has political weaknesses. But her main political weaknesses right now if that she is in the Biden Administration

She has poor political instincts, and she ran a bad primary campaign. Those are fair concerns

But then to turn around and say you want to run an unproven candidate kinda weakens the footing of that argument.

Black woman are the most reliable voting block, but also they are from my experience he most committed to the parties success.

Donate, active at party meetings, knock on doors, participate in get out the vote efforts, phone banking, you name it. And they probably don't have a negative view on Kamala Harris

If you are just gonna bypass Harris for a white person, you can't just be flippant about it and tell a much of people that work hard for you over and over that someone that looks like them is too big of a liability

To the skip over Harris to nominate someone that has never ran a National campaign before.

With all this talk of "elites" in the Democratic Party being out of touch with voters. A back room deal to push aside a black woman that would be the natural fit to replace the President, and a long time Dem might seem like a easy plan to a political junkie, but some people gonna look at that move funny.

Because you are gonna have to turn around and tell these same people to please work as hard as possible to help the party, because if Trump wins everyone is ******. And we all know that black women will be more screwed than many other Dem voting factions.

So yeah, people can want someone other than Harris, but dismissing her outright isn't gonna play as well as people think IMO.

We don’t have to go that far back to see how it would play out publicly if a backroom move gets made by the DNC, just look how that talking point got weaponized against Hillary

to be clear I'm not dismissing her.

I'd take her over Biden.

I don't think you should dismiss Harris but I also think "it has to be Harris" is right either

I think all options should be examined, maybe Harris is the only option, but prematurely dismissing options with

"Black voters will never accept this" when we don't even know if that is necessarily true i don't think isn't smart either.

Last edited:
Also to clarify I just thought the Gretchen Whitener pic was funny.

I'm not giving her the coveted "Canadian on a sneaker forum" endorsement.

I'd take any of the options over Biden at this point. Even Gavin Newsome.

what evidence do you have for this?

college educated black women are one of the more partisan and consistent voting blocs, i would think they are least likely to not vote or stay home.
If the party passes up the current VP who is Black (the natural successor to Biden) for a White woman you think Black women are turning out for that? 😂 😂. That would be a terrible look for the party and would be a slap in the face to the voting bloc knowing that Biden put her on the ticket to get their votes.

My wife finally found out what Project 2025 is and she's now making contingency plans for a relocation to Costa Rica if the worst happens since her workplace has a remote office there. No idea how we would make it work but at least she's aware of the stakes of the election.

Project 2025 should be BLASTED on every airwave possible non-stop till election day! And if anyone disagrees or doesn't believe it, the damn author of it (that snivelling little Imp) has basically come out and broadcasted EVERYTHING they plan on doing. Will be VERY interested for those who are undecided or moderate Republican and don't think it's actually "real" then see it happen ok January 21st. The look on their faces will say it all ...."I ****** up. I thought it was not a real thing".

Pour one out for Democracy! This ******* sucks!

If the party passes up the current VP who is Black (the natural successor to Biden) for a White woman you think Black women are turning out for that? 😂 😂. That would be a terrible look for the party and would be a slap in the face to the voting bloc knowing that Biden put her on the ticket to get their votes.

I just don't know if this is true. Kamala never had super strong black support in the primaries.

Her approvals ratings among black Americans is strong but lower than her approval rating among Democrats generally.

1000035246.jpg

Again I would take any of the options over Joe Biden at this point. Including Kamala.

But I think the case for Kamala can't just be "black voters won't accept this"

I just don't know if that's true.

Biden is seeing erosion from Black and Latino men mostly.
are we sure Kamala actually helps you with those people? tbh I could see a world in which it hurts.

democrats are in a tough spots, all the options have a significant amount of uncertainty.
but that's kinda the point,

you pull the goalie to increase variance and create uncertainty.

Biden in his current state seems like a clear L.

The Beltway pundits sound like callers on a sports radio station making ridiculous trade proposals.

"Do you think we should trade Bench Warmer for another team's Superstar?"

Exactly, which I why I completely get the arguments Fox News makes in court (not that it excuses their BS.. but warning labels have to go on tide pods for a reason)

I don’t believe people tune into anything Stephen A. Smith expecting journalism, as I don’t think people are tuning into tucker Carlson expecting journalism

However when Jake taper is rushing to push out BS that could be easily verified, things are very very problematic.. like the dangers of all these fake woj accounts on Twitter or fake schefter accounts

Biden is seeing erosion from Black and Latino men mostly.
are we sure Kamala actually helps you with those people? tbh I could see a world in which it hurts.

democrats are in a tough spots, all the options have a significant amount of uncertainty.
but that's kinda the point,

you pull the goalie to increase variance and create uncertainty.

Biden in his current state seems like a clear L.
4 months before the election and just before your convention is essentially conceding defeat which is why I suspect Fox News keeps pushing on it. LBJ quit in March/April not July and we got destroyed by Nixon.

4 months before the election and just before your convention is essentially conceding defeat which is why I suspect Fox News keeps pushing on it. LBJ quit in March/April not July and we got destroyed by Nixon.

A lot of people are invested in the shh show that would come from biden resigning and/or dropping out

From trump/GOP.. to certain countries.. to the news organizations desperate for ratings.. to the journalists covering it and eventually trying get books deals and that BS

Given everything we have seen over the last decade, I’m disappointed how surprising this could be to some people

I just don't know if this is true. Kamala never had super strong black support in the primaries.

Her approvals ratings among black Americans is strong but lower than her approval rating among Democrats generally.
Absolutely true. Black people would not turn out if Biden dropped out and the party appointed anyone other than Kamala.

Lawd these people can’t wait to give serious energy to RFKjr and Marianne Williamson

They already keep Andrew Yang around for some odd reason

Don't know what's going to happen next, but I haven't forgotten who owns twitter and I feel like he's still going to try to swing the election if needed, by taking Twitter offline at whatever strategic moment he can.

Say all you want about don't worry, don't get shook. I get that they are going to try to make things as messy as possible and the best thing to do is ignore the chaos and vote the right way and get family and friends to and I 100% will do that. But still god help us all.

Referring to what's in bold, yeah, skipping Kamala for a white person, especially a white man, would not play well with Black folks even if the community is not the biggest fan of her. Also, she's polling better than all other realistic options, which would make it an even bigger slap in the face.

It's not about trying to flip voters who are going to vote for Trump, it's about increasing turnout from apathetic voters who think picking between two 80 year old men of questionable mental sharpness is a waste of time (not saying it is, but you get my point).

How do you know it's conceding defeat?

People keep making confident proclamations about a low sample size event.

There actually haven't that many presidential campaigns.
To say we know with certainty a novel action will sink your campaign I think is beyond the limits of our knowledge.

Where is your evidence for this?

People keep saying this like it's an article of faith. Show me the evidence?
What evidence do you have that someone besides her would be a better option? :lol:

Our evidence is years upon years of being Black in America :lol: There would be endless articles and think-pieces about how a legitimately more qualified Black woman was skipped over for a white man. Will most Black women still vote Dem? Sure, but I would bet every dollar I have there are gonna be a lot more who say "**** it" and sit out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom