***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I wouldn’t expect anything else but for the Biden admin to deny this until it’s official anyways

It has been reported that the New York Times has been heavy handed with the negative stories on biden and this administration out of spite because they haven’t been granted special access

And that is the organization we are to believe would break this story

Especially when they continue to employ Maggie haberman after what was said under oath in trump’s recent court action

It has been reported that the New York Times has been heavy handed with the negative stories on biden and this administration out of spite because they haven’t been granted special access

And that is the organization we are to believe would break this story

Especially when they continue to employ Maggie haberman after what was said under oath in trump’s recent court action
I’m aware of the NYT and all of its issues. I still think that there’s smoke here. Pelosi, Jefferies and Clyburn making public statements yesterday wasn’t random. The Puck internal polling data being leaked wasn’t random.

My favorite part of the piece was that Joe Manchin

After being scared to lose for reelection

After realizing no one wanted him to be president

Threw a tantrum and wanted to go on a press run to **** on Biden. And only topped after the Dems that were ignoring him called him to kiss his ***

The dilemma for Democrats was illustrated by the actions of Senator Joe Manchin III of West Virginia, a longtime Democrat who recently abandoned the party. The senator was so disillusioned by Mr. Biden’s debate performance that he asked his staff to book him on several Sunday shows to rail against the state of the campaign.

Mr. Manchin was also angered that he made phone calls to top Democrats that went unreturned. Eventually, Senator Chris ****s, Democrat of Delaware, Mr. Schumer and other Democrats intervened, and Mr. Manchin canceled his television appearances. Other lawmakers who have expressed openness to replacing Mr. Biden have received calls from the campaign asking for more time to right to the ship.

I wish I had the ability to be this level of shamelessly pathetic.

Attention is like drugs to Manchin. Mans in these streets like Rue Bennet looking for a fix. :lol: :rofl:

One thing I will say about Biden is that he’s self aware and enough of a public servant that he wouldn’t put his ego above what’s best for the country like RBG did. I still think he’s our best shot at winning the election but I trust him to make the best decision. The reality that isn’t getting enough play is that if Kamala weren’t VP the age thing would be less of a thing when running against Trump and the backdrop of crazy Supreme Court decisions that will only be remedied through getting to appoint justices in the next term. Republicans have been saying that Kamala will be President in two years into a second term and they are terrified.

This was never really the plan. Hillary was supposed to win and serve two terms. Biden wasn't supposed to even run for President, but the country showed that it was not ready for the first woman President and Trump had to be stopped. I believe that if Trump was not running, Biden may have considered exiting the race, before the primary. Remember, Biden had not even confirmed he wanted to do two terms after winning the election.

I found an old article here about it:

Last edited:

Been saying that folks have been playing with fire:

Since the early 1990s, there have been significant transformations in political systems in many African countries. These institutional changes have resulted in, for example, the demise of the racially based apartheid system in the Republic of South Africa and the introduction of a nonracial democracy. Many civilian and military dictatorships have fallen, paving the way for the establishment of rule-of-law-based governance systems characterized by constitutionalism and constitutional government, including reforms such as term limits. Nevertheless, many of these countries still struggle to deepen and institutionalize democracy and deal effectively and fully with government impunity, particularly that which is associated with the abuse of executive power and the violation of human rights.

Notably, while presidents in some countries, such as Kenya, Liberia, and Ghana, have abided by their countries’ two-term limit, others have used legislatures subservient to the president to change their constitutions to allow them to stay in power beyond those two terms, and, in some cases, indefinitely. In addition, these and other recent institutional changes have created conditions that make it very difficult for the opposition to participate competitively in elections.

Presidents that have changed their countries’ constitutions to eliminate the two-term limit include Presidents Gnassingbé (Togo), Museveni (Uganda), Déby (Chad), Biya (Cameroon), Kagame (Rwanda), the late Nkurunziza (Burundi), and el-Sisi (Egypt), just to name a few. Changing the constitution to eliminate term and/or age limits for presidents and allow the incumbent president to unconstitutionally extend his mandate has been referred to as a constitutional coup. It is important to note that relatively weak institutions and the absence of a democratic culture have facilitated the ability of incumbents to manipulate constitutions in the countries named in this paragraph.

According to the African Center for Strategic Studies, since 2015, leaders of 13 African countries have “evaded or overseen the further weakening of term limit restrictions that had been in place.” For example, Alassane Ouattara, who has been president of Côte d’Ivoire since 2011 and who was seemingly barred from standing for the presidency this election cycle by the constitution’s two-term limit, argued in August 2020 that his first two mandates do not count because the limits were created by the constitution that was adopted in 2016, which effectively reset the clock. Although he initially declined to run again, the untimely death of his party’s chosen candidate created a vacuum in which he decided to stand again. The country votes this weekend.

However, if African countries are to use elections to consolidate and entrench democracy, they must make certain that incumbent leaders are not able to (i) change national constitutions to eliminate term and age limits for presidents (as noted above) and other protections that guard the president against various forms of opportunism (as currently taking place in Zambia); (ii) mandate registration fees for candidates seeking to stand for political office, including the presidency, that are beyond the reach of many citizens; (iii) interfere with freedom of the press in ways that make it very difficult for the press to check on the government, provide citizens information about elections, and serve as a platform for the opposition to bring their message to voters; and (iv) use security forces to intimidate and strangle the opposition.

Trump/the GOP isn't doing anything new. We know what their plan looks like (if you know where to look). We also know what the next steps of their plan entails, and we know what needs to be done to stop them (stop tolerating/excusing the BS).

The people has a role to play (vote them out), but Democrats, if they win back control of the federal government, will need to do way more than twisting their thumbs and wait. They will need to purge all those folks who don't believe in Democracy from government; they will also need to help the anti-Trump GOPers, especially those who got excommunicated from the GOP for criticizing the party, regain legitimacy as a political release valve for those who don't see eye to eye with democrats but genuinely believe in preserving and improving democracy. A combined effort is the only we can put in motion constitutional fixes that would guard the US against the kind of abuse we're witnessing. Hopefully, all of this can happen before the crazy **** that usually comes with this type of situation.

Last edited:
One thing I will say about Biden is that he’s self aware and enough of a public servant that he wouldn’t put his ego above what’s best for the country like RBG did. I still think he’s our best shot at winning the election but I trust him to make the best decision. The reality that isn’t getting enough play is that if Kamala weren’t VP the age thing would be less of a thing when running against Trump and the backdrop of crazy Supreme Court decisions that will only be remedied through getting to appoint justices in the next term. Republicans have been saying that Kamala will be President in two years into a second term and they are terrified.
All of this.

They are losing their marbles at the thought of a Black woman becoming POTUS. All these stories about Biden's age would lose relevance if he decided to replace Kamala as a running mate.

If Kamala wasn't VP Biden would have been gone already.

Imo it's only her weakness as a politician that has people hesitating.

If he had a popular and effective VP, Biden would be gone.

Back
Top Bottom