***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Yeah don't let the fear mongering get to you. Even the twitter journalists are hyping this up to get more followers, retweets, exposure, etc. No matter how reckless dude is, the courts allowing him to overturn electoral votes in states where he lost by 40k+ votes will result in rioting never before seen in America.
Yup. That’s guaranteed death and destruction for years to come. One of the reasons American democracy has term limits is to make sure those people aren’t just killed. You take away the power of the vote and you usher back in all that comes without it.

Your *** is a contrarian though

Also, yeah, you need to step your grammar game up a little dude. Didn't want to be an *******, but since @reformeDWS pointed it out. :lol:
wrong.jpg

Yeah don't let the fear mongering get to you. Even the twitter journalists are hyping this up to get more followers, retweets, exposure, etc. No matter how reckless dude is, the courts allowing him to overturn electoral votes in states where he lost by 40k+ votes will result in rioting never before seen in America.
If we're really that awful of a democracy that Trump could just strong-arm his way to overturn the election, then I'd rather find out now so I can stop wasting time here and instead pay taxes and contribute to society in another country.

If we're really that awful of a democracy that Trump could just strong-arm his way to overturn the election, then I'd rather find out now so I can stop wasting time here and instead pay taxes and contribute to society in another country.

That's big facts. This ain't 1998. Nobody gives a damn about living in America. We're like 20th in every major category, we've reminded citizens that there's a ton of racists still running rampant, cost of living is through the roof, "America's team" is 2-7, Nelly is on dancing with the stars. **** is in shambles bruh. Nobody hesitating to bounce if need be.

No it’s not. He can’t do anything but scream and cry. All that’s for is to keep his bases hopes alive to turn a profit. Already been outed that he’s looking for funds via cash donation. Those will stop if he quits
I'm a lawyer, I understand what can be done. It’s not about “what he can do”. This country is absolutely in dangerous territory. Think someone already posted it, but the Ezra Klein pod with Anne Applebaum, but it highlights how the Republican Party is actively destroying our democracy. They’re creating a base of the electorate who truly believes that this election was stolen from them and that the evil Democrats were the ones who did it. This isn’t going to blow over and the party is playing into it. We’ve also seen how susceptible our democracy is to an authoritarian government, even though Trump was too dumb to pull it off successfully. She cited that 20% of Americans said that they’d be willing to live under a military dictatorship. We are absolutely in dangerous territory, whether people want to believe it or not. The democracy doesn’t work for the majority of the country, and the shrinking minority is grabbing ahold to power and not letting go.

I'm a lawyer, I understand what can be done. It’s not about “what he can do”. This country is absolutely in dangerous territory. Think someone already posted it, but the Ezra Klein pod with Anne Applebaum, but it highlights how the Republican Party is actively destroying our democracy. They’re creating a base of the electorate who truly believes that this election was stolen from them and that the evil Democrats were the ones who did it. This isn’t going to blow over and the party is playing into it. We’ve also seen how susceptible our democracy is to an authoritarian government, even though Trump was too dumb to pull it off successfully. She cited that 20% of Americans said that they’d be willing to live under a military dictatorship. We are absolutely in dangerous territory, whether people want to believe it or not. The democracy doesn’t work for the majority of the country, and the shrinking minority is grabbing ahold to power and not letting go.
This has happened in the past already until the civil rights movement took place. Politics are predictable. It’s all reactionary. Trump isn’t breaking new ground on any fronts. His openness to being an idiot is the only thing he’s got over anybody.

what the republicans are doing now is what they’ve been doing for generations.

Last edited:
**** is scary famb

I remember reading that in 2011, Republicans didn't want to take gerrymandering for Congressional districts to the extreme because they felt that even conservative Judges might strike down the maps, because it was too obvious what they were doing.

This is before Mitch McConnell filled the bench with even more reactionary judges.

If would not be surprised if the GOP wins the House back in 2022, and keeps it for the entire decade without ever getting over 50% of the national vote.

Back
Top Bottom