***Official Political Discussion Thread***

How do y'all deal with family members who are Trump supporters/die hard Republicans?..Both my parents and my brother are Trumpers and I'm an very much NOT..I've made a big effort the past 12 yrs (since my son was born) to wake up to social issues and have tried to spread the word about peace, inclusiveness, diversity, and that all people need to be treated with respect..But there's no way I can change their mind..How have any of you dealt with this type of situation?..We just got invited to Thanksgiving dinner at my bro's house and every single person that'll be there are not anywhere close to being Democrats..lol..

How do y'all deal with family members who are Trump supporters/die hard Republicans?..Both my parents and my brother are Trumpers and I'm an very much NOT..I've made a big effort the past 12 yrs (since my son was born) to wake up to social issues and have tried to spread the word about peace, inclusiveness, diversity, and that all people need to be treated with respect..But there's no way I can change their mind..How have any of you dealt with this type of situation?..We just got invited to Thanksgiving dinner at my bro's house and every single person that'll be there are not anywhere close to being Democrats..lol..

Enjoy the raisins in your stuffing.

Time to get some new parents and brother b. Pm me, we'll talk, I know a guy.

Honestly this is a tough one. On one hand it’s your family but on the other the political and social differences are massive. Sometimes having a family gathering and making it a rule to keep political issues off the table is the only way. It’s extremely hard to change someone’s political views unless they open themselves up to being open to new ideas and thoughts. And most people are so entrenched in their views because they feel part of a group within where they reside that they just can’t.

You’re truly between a rock and a hard place right now.

Just keep on keeping on. The world needs a HELL of a lot more people like you. Show them love by going, but if someone starts becoming disrespectful to you or unnecessarily hostile, check them and let them know you will not take that. And if it gets no better or worse, take you child and your girl and leave. You did what you honestly could but you won’t have your child see that and you won’t take that.

9080wq5mewx51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom