***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Wouldn’t Trump have to have been charged first in order to be pardoned? I don’t think he will get charged with anything before then and I don’t know if you can pardon someone for something they have yet to be charged for.
Based on past precedent, no. I don't know if it's the only example but the most known is of course Ford's pardon of Nixon, who was never charged with any crime. Ford gave him a 'full pardon' that stated it covered any and all crimes that may have been committed by Nixon as president.

3wp9qt61bvx51.jpg

Based on past precedent, no. I don't know if it's the only example but the most known is of course Ford's pardon of Nixon, who was never charged with any crime. Ford gave him a 'full pardon' that stated it covered any and all crimes that may have been committed by Nixon as president.

but clearly that was different circumstances and time.. they were trying get dude to resign and save face.. and Ford was his VP

i mean I guess he could resign and let pence pardon him

There is a question around whether he can pardon himself - I’ve heard it argued both ways.

Of course a solution to that is to quit and have Pence do it for him.

but clearly that was different circumstances and time.. they were trying get dude to resign and save face.. and Ford was his VP

i mean I guess he could resign and let pence pardon him
I was just answering the question of whether someone can be pardoned before they're even charged. The Ford pardon was a blanket pardon the preceded Nixon getting charged with any crime.

I don't see Trump resigning, that would be too humiliating for him. If anything I could see him try to pardon himself before ever considering resigning and putting his faith in Pence not turning his back on him after the resignation.

Hope everyone can hang in there for a little while longer. Trump damn sure ain't gonna be sending anyone a check now.

Really wonder how much damage he can do to this country during these next two months.

dude broke as hell he going sell shhh off to those countries that got exempted from the muslim ban

look a Saudi and him not doing shhh when they killed the journalist
They’re still in debt for the campaign. They’re not dishing out anything for anything extra. They’re begging for money as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom