***Official Political Discussion Thread***

tenor.gif

Now we just need the Conway kid to tap in on Twitter to really set it off ...I know shorty dying to get some spicy takes off :lol:

With all these takes about non-white voters going to Trump and the Lincoln project not working, I think the thing that people might be ignoring is that Trump avoided getting massacred because non-college-educated white turned out in large numbers (over 2016) for him.

We will have to wait for the breakdown of the numbers, but where the margin is matters.

didn't see that coming. truly thought that demo was already all in - in 2016

college educated whites went narrowly to Trump in '16 but I think when it comes down to it we'll see they went narrowly to Biden

doubtful that it had anything to do with the Lincoln Project scumbags though. the ads were funny but they can promptly go back to *****ing themselves

Last edited:
Nah it shouldn't be. Coronavirus and the economy will obviously be #1 and #2. But after that consistent polling showed racial injustice was the most important issue among Biden voters in general. The support can really be fleeting as we've seen in 2016.

This is cute but Biden is about to hit blacks with the “New Phone, who dis” when blacks come calling for literally ANYTHING.

He does not give a single s*** that Black voters rescued him twice- in the primary and this week.

At most Black people will get symbolic crumbs.

Seeing us black folks in a lot of these cities basically gave Biden the presidency, it would be prudent for him to have our agenda up right near the top forreal.

clearly.. obviously.. but the dems need to be communicating

because if gop keeps the senate, mitch going pull his BS

although trump has now set precedents with what you can do with executive orders

but Stacy Abrams and Georgia need to be BIG.. obviously you got the run offs but building toward the future

heavy focus on 2022.. and building on texas and Florida

didn't see that coming. truly thought that demo was already all in - in 2016

college educated whites went narrowly to Trump in '16 but I think when it comes down to it we'll see they went narrowly to Biden

doubtful that it had anything to do with the Lincoln Project scumbags though. the ADs were funny but they can promptly go back to *****ing themselves
Like I said, smear tactics are not working for republicans. All that does is make them more upset at life to vote against dems. If didn’t work at all in 2016 and if failed worse in 2020. They need to rethink what the magic words are to sway actual thinking voter and just leave deep republicans alone. They are you they are

As beautiful as it is that Biden and Trump are so close in a red state like GA, I can't help but think of the large minority communities that probably didn't bother voting bc they figured GA was for sure going Trump.

Black folks showed out in GA, only reason it's close as it is now. I'm more concerned about the USPS fiasco just losing ballots through the mail, especially if this comes down to a couple thousand votes which it looks like it's going to be from crunching the numbers.

I don't agree with Bernie supporters on everything but I totally agree with them regarding their approach to voter outreach. Corporate Democrats keep trying to court disaffected Republicans (never Trumpers) and moderates when they should be trying to embrace the platform of Bernie Sanders and going after younger, more progressive voters. The DNC has spent millions of dollars going after these Republicans and moderate and they still end up voting for Republicans on election day.
Yeah I get frustrated myself, Dems can and will have to expand. The moderate base isn't going anywhere and in some parts of the country that is the best the party will be able to do

Progressives are showing out on the local levels so there is hope moving forward

To see what Delk is admitting to do in here, everyone should go read or re-read Adam Sewer's essay "The Nationalist Delusion"

Especially the part where he talks about how through history, people that have support racist movements, when defeated, will claim that their motives were not about racism. It was about something else, something more innocuous, even something that might sound principled.

It is a scam, it is always a scam.

Thanks for this post. I just took time to read Sewer’s essay “The Nationalist’s Delusion.” It was a great read.

Comparing me to the actions described there fails for two obvious reasons:

1. You are fully aware that I am black. That article was specifically about white voters across income levels. It doesn’t logically make sense to apply that same logic to a black Trump supporter; and

2. I supported President Obama twice. That goes against what was described in the article.

I’ll post it here so that people can objectively decide if your statements make sense considering the above.

The Nationalist’s Delusion

Yeah I get frustrated myself, Dems can and will have to expand. The moderate base isn't going anywhere and in some parts of the country that is the best the party will be able to do

Progressives are showing out on the local levels so there is hope moving forward

georgia, texas and Florida are there for the taking.. but they need a certain level of control to counteract a lot of the BS

like Stacy Abrams should be governor, but her opponent was in charge and blatantly cheated.. beto could have probably taken out cornyn

Back
Top Bottom