***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Both of these takes are why I’m okay with these results. This is going to force the Dems to do more to directly address black issues.

A landslide or senate flip probably wouldn’t have done that. Real discussions need to be had on how Democrats plan to move forward and address these issues.
You are so full of ******* ****

The Dems losing the chance to pass the dozens of bills that would improve the lives of black Americans will help them see they need to help black Americans.

If Biden does win, The George Floyd Bill would have the House and White House behind it. Is Mitch gonna bring it to the floor?

Biden is going to win this thing. Now what Black people need to prepare for, is even more white domestic terrorism. Those of you who fall easily for white women, I am talking to Black men, be very careful out there, especially in places outside of LA and NYC those that do not have a more liberal lean.

I hope the MF goes into office and proves me wrong. I hope he is the best president ever.

But Im not holding my breath. So yes Im still on this.

Nobody is expecting him to be the best president ever, but the whole selling your soul hyperbole is ridiculous. Most of us that voted for Biden didn't want him but how else if you're a progressive are you going to get anything on the progressive agenda through? Bernie and his ilk aren't viable.

Dems need to start bringing more awareness to unions too and start reaching out to the trades more. That’s how Montana used to be blue.

I know a whole bunch of republican guys in unions and it’s disgusting. It didn’t used to be like that.

if every job was union the min wage and healthcare problem wouldn’t be that bad.

that’s how you get country white people to vote democrat. Without a union they would be broke, without one I wouldn’t have anything either. :lol:

You are so full of ****ing ****

The Dems losing the chance to pass the dozens of bills that would improve the lives of black Americans will help them see they need to help black Americans.

If Biden does win, The George Floyd Bill would have the House and White House behind it. Is Mitch gonna bring it to the floor?

If Biden wins, I’ll be pushing for the Dems to flip the Senate in the midterms to see if all of the great proposals get passed and signed into law.

Hopefully after last night Republicans will stop being so god damn ridiculous about making it harder to vote for people. It's pretty clear that when there is massive voter turnout it is pretty favorable to their party.

their party shows up regardless. They still want voter suppression and know how to target it to black communities as well. They surgical with theirs.

"Democrats aren't doing enough for black and brown people"

So the better alternative is to vote for the people that's making race relations go backwards? What mental gymnastics are you guys doing to reach that conclusion?

The logic is simple. If you’re not a reliable voting block for a single party, you can demand more from both.

Mad people want to be white b. Mad people want to be accepted by white people. Asians, hispanics, black people, middle easterners, etc. Lots of minorities hope to fit in. There's still racism. For these other minorities to fit in, they'll be racist to black people. Very racist to black people. Think about how tough some black and hispanic cops and teachers are to black people. All about assimilation.

their party shows up regardless. They still want voter suppression and know how to target it to black communities as well. They surgical with theirs.

They show up normally, but not in the numbers they showed up in last night. Voter turn out was far higher among republicans last night than usual.

Back
Top Bottom