***Official Political Discussion Thread***

He is saying that the federal statute of limitations on tax penalties is generally three years. In some instances they can go back six years if there was a substantial understatement of tax (more than 25%). In the cases of civil fraud, the IRS does not have a statute limitations. Them still looking at 2009/2010 appears to show that there is something more than simple tax avoidance is going on and it has moved into tax evasion territory.

While he likely wont get arrested for it, it is still illegal and he will likely have to pay a substantial penalty and interest.

But, at this point, nothing is conclusive?

And, after further investigation, it might be determined that he acted legally?

He is saying that the federal statute of limitations on tax penalties is generally three years. In some instances they can go back six years if there was a substantial understatement of tax (more than 25%). In the cases of civil fraud, the IRS does not have a statute limitations. Them still looking at 2009/2010 appears to show that there is something more than simple tax avoidance is going on and it has moved into tax evasion territory.

While he likely wont get arrested for it, it is still illegal and he will likely have to pay a substantial penalty and interest.

You can go to jail. Look at Wesley Snipes. Jail is not out of the question.

Only thing stopping trump from getting hit with charges/indictments is that bs OLC memo, that you can’t “indict a siting president”.

The one thing I like about trump is through his own historical - decades long corruption......he’s exposing bare, how corrupt America is...and just how FLIMSY it is.

You can go to jail. Look at Wesley Snipes. Jail is not out of the question.

I thought he didn't file tax returns though and refused to pay the civil court penalty?

In that case Trump would also go to jail if he refused to pay the penalty, but it appears he has timely filed his returns so I don't think he will be hit with jail time unless he refuses to pay. I'm like 90% sure snipes went to jail for not filing a return though which is a misdemeanor.

dwalk31 dwalk31 , ‘sup man. Good to see you able to take these shots in here. However, it’s pretty obvious right now that Trump isn’t a good businessman, yet is someone of questionable overall character as well. Is there something wrong in your admitting that your support of such an individual, was unfortunate and then a mistake?

But, at this point, nothing is conclusive?

And, after further investigation, it might be determined that he acted legally?

Well I'm guessing the SDNY isn't suing for his tax records because they believe he acted legally which is one of two cases currently ongoing related to his tax records. I think the other is some senate inquiry, but im guessing the senate inquiry goes away after all this drops in the NYT.

But as for the IRS issue it appears that the judgement has been put on hold (likely due to him becoming president). It seemed from the article that it was pretty certain that Trump was not entitled to a $70M refund and he was going to have to pay it back with interest and penalties which was going to total approximately $100M. It will likely result in a civil penalty instead of a criminal penalty unless they can prove that he knowingly falsified records which I gather would be quite difficult. Still illegal nonetheless.

Last edited:
dwalk31 dwalk31 , ‘sup man. Good to see you able to take these shots in here. However, it’s pretty obvious right now that Trump isn’t a good businessman, yet is someone of questionable overall character as well. Is there something wrong in your admitting that your support of such an individual, was unfortunate and then a mistake?

Nothing wrong with that at all. I’ll be the first to admit that in here, if I start to feel that way.

The thread watching Brotha Khufu tryna save Delk's mortal soul...
Dontsaveher.PNG

KHUFU, you my bro and family but Delk is lost famb. I don't want you to realize how morally corrupt he is too late.

Cue Chuck Finster

System working effectively. Legal or not, to defend something immoral and clearly exploitative because of it's "legality" is shameful. It was "legal" for Zimmerman to shoot Trayvon under the Florida "Stand Your Ground" Law, too. It was "legal" for Breonna Taylor to be shot at and murdered in a no knock raid, after the police already had the suspect in custody. Judging things by whether or not they're legal when it's clear the law is unjust is a cover for racism, corruption and white supremacy IMO. "He didn't break laws" is a flimsy and terrible rebuttal to deflect blame. And playing coy to all of this is why everyone should ignore that guy. I don't care to tag him.

System working effectively. Legal or not, to defend something immoral and clearly exploitative because of it's "legality" is shameful. It was "legal" for Zimmerman to shoot Trayvon under the Florida "Stand Your Ground" Law, too. It was "legal" for Breonna Taylor to be shot at and murdered in a no knock raid, after the police already had the suspect in custody. Judging things by whether or not they're legal when it's clear the law is unjust is a cover for racism, corruption and white supremacy IMO. "He didn't break laws" is a flimsy and terrible rebuttal to deflect blame. And playing coy to all of this is why everyone should ignore that guy. I don't care to tag him.

Country with a system full of cowards and bullies. "It's easier to pick on those who can't fight back"

Back
Top Bottom