***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The SPLC has faced criticism from both sides of the aisle.

Their description of the New Black Panther Party and Farrakhan, for example, have been criticized.

That said they are definitely right on their description of many of the far-right terrorist/hate groups as exactly what they are.

Legitimacy of the SPLC hate designation aside, they are definitely right on a lot of individuals and groups they designate.

They probably agree that Roy Moore is a Pedo which is something you won't do. You are a disgusting person.

Their description of the New Black Panther Party and Farrakhan, for example, have been criticized.

That said they are definitely right on their description of many of the far-right terrorist/hate groups as exactly what they are.

Legitimacy of the SPLC hate designation aside, they are definitely right on a lot of individuals and groups they designate.
Good grief you are pathetic :lol:

49D63387-DC21-41A4-A32E-AA914BDE78E7.gif

“dwalk31” said:

Aren't internet costs rather absurd in the US?
Strictly for the internet, no tv/mobile additives, how much would you pay on average for something like my connection?
Fibre-optic cable, 200mb/s download and 30mb/s upload speed

Strictly for the internet, no tv/mobile additives, how much would you pay on average for something like my connection?

i think you’re right - it’s o e of the few things (breakfast cereal being another one I know) that is expensive when generally the cost if living is low.

I just changed my business connection to 300Mb and it’s about $90 per month as a comparison.

Home isn’t as fast - about 150 (and really variable...) but it’s about $50.

i think you’re right - it’s o e of the few things (breakfast cereal being another one I know) that is expensive when generally the cost if living is low.

I just changed my business connection to 300Mb and it’s about $90 per month as a comparison.

Home isn’t as fast - about 150 (and really variable...) but it’s about $50.
Hmm that lower figure actually isn't so bad. I pay $10 more for my speed, though it's very constant and never wavers.
There's a big difference between the cost of the average home internet here and the 'premium' tiers of 200mb/s and higher.
Almost every complaint I've heard from Americans about excessive costs referred to Comcast.

A big plus is also that the dominant ISP in our country constantly tries to increase its dominance by upgrading even the most remote areas to fibre-optic cable. I live in a small rural town with a population of just 2000, surrounded by other small rural towns, and the whole area's wiring was upgraded years ago. If you want the best internet, there's really only one choice and their endless infrastructure investments help them stay there. On top of that, their massive monopoly also allows them to keep costs only marginally higher than their competitors.

Last edited:

the only way I can see around Something Terrible is if somebody gets to him and promises him a full pardon if he just calms his klan down and quietly slips into obscurity...either electoral result seems disastrous in practice.

further reading:

dude is fully cornered and his only option is to hold power...never a great scenario.

Where you live determines which ISPs and services are available. I just upgraded my service to 600 mb/s down and 15 mb/s up for 60 USD per month.

Am I the only one who sees two contradictory statements here?

And do you realize that we are talking about a GOP platform that will allow more hate groups to fly under the radar with the legislative protection of the right?

the only way I can see around Something Terrible is if somebody gets to him and promises him a full pardon if he just calms his klan down and quietly slips into obscurity...either electoral result seems disastrous in practice.

further reading:

dude is fully cornered and his only option is to hold power...never a great scenario.
The idea of jr holding any office scares me to death.

Back
Top Bottom