***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This isn’t about the Republican Party. I’ve condemned the Republicans in the Senate as they obstruct measures I find important.

My stance has been that this administration can push measures through an otherwise obstructive Republican Senate.

I supported President Obama. I think you have a misunderstanding of my position. I’m focused on the best way to get needed results.

If you think Biden/Harris is that, I respect it.

But this isn’t some party loyalty thing, for me.

I’ve even gone as far as to say id vote for Biden.
They really need to add a "negro please" button for post, in the next site update.

This isn’t about the Republican Party. I’ve condemned the Republicans in the Senate as they obstruct measures I find important.
:lol: But not as they use rhetoric to embolden white supremacists daily. Not as they note that there are good people on both sides. Not as they fear monger on Black and Brown people taking over suburbs. Not as they stoke anti-Black sentiments with Blue Lives Matter campaigns.

My stance has been that this administration can push measures through an otherwise obstructive Republican Senate.

I supported President Obama. I think you have a misunderstanding of my position. I’m focused on the best way to get needed results.

This is treadmill babble champ. A lot of words but not really saying anything of importance thus leaving you going nowhere fast. I don’t need you to just condemn Republicans in the Senate.

I and the rest of the good folks here on NT need you to condemn Trump for his past, current and future words and actions. STOP embracing white supremacy for a few extra dollars in your pocket and a few “measures” that will never see the light of day in the Senate. Try to have some pride and respect if not for yourself, at least for those that YOU say look like you. Now one more time, hopefully for the final time....what say you brotha..............if I can call you that, brotha??

I agree
American Evangelicals see Christianity as their identity (like they see culture and race) not as a way of life or conduct. They could care less about Jesus or his teachings.
American Evangelicals are our Radical Islamic Terrorists...same terror, death, and destruction... different book and culture.
It's true. It's all about feeling good and morally superior. They're full of **** when they claim to care about life and ignore all of the injustices for people actually living.

I don’t think Pompeo wrote that memo.

But, in any event, I think that was policy based on norms and precedent not any actual law.

If anything, I think we can all agree that this administration is no stranger to breaking norms and precedent.
Whether he authored it or not, Pompeo is the one who personally signed and issued it to his department. The memo explicitly states that Pompeo's own activities at the Republican convention are illegal.

The Hatch Act is not a norm, it’s a law, as Pompeo's memo makes very clear. Every federal employee receives guidance on making sure to not violate the Hatch Act. Its penalties are fines and even removal from federal service depending on the severity of the case. Trump of course shields his finest loyalists from any serious penalty, even in cases where a single adviser racked up dozens of Hatch Act violations. A number of those loyalists have openly boasted about their impunity ("I honestly don't care about the Hatch Act", "Blah blah blah let me know when the jail sentence starts") and mocked those seeking penalties.

Because the Office of Special Counsel (OSC), the agency that handles Hatch Act violations, is rather toothless, disciplinary penalties must be approved by the president. Trump has consistently refused to act on any recommendation by the OSC that involved his top loyalists.

Of course this only applies to those closest to Trump. Average federal employees do have to avoid violating the Hatch Act because they do not share the same privileges of impunity.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

so....
your entire party is complicit in all of this plus a litany of other crazy things. its not the republicans in the senate. the entire party is complicit as well as its supporters, registered and unregistered.

your party uses gerrymandering, chaos and voter suppression as tactics to win seats
your party openly courts foreign entities interfering in and undermining the political process in this country.
the leader of your party is a racist, misogynistic, prejudiced, pathologically lying, traitorous authoritarian dictator.

and you still stand with them because...??

#stockholmsyndrome

It was just Monday, Delk wanted to talk spicy about Richard Spencer endorsing Biden (something Biden firmly rejected)

And make a reach to call out some imaginary hypocrisy.

But look how quickly reality catches up to his trolling ***. A 17-year white terrorist standing front row to hear his Bigoted President talk.

Even observable reality smacking the biscuits out Delk's hand

Isn't there some Andrew Gillum line for racists endorsing someone?

anigif_enhanced-9176-1428539383-10.gif

Last edited:
The First Step Act, if you recall, couldn’t pass under the prior administration because of obstruction.

This administration has a unique ability to get measures past an otherwise obstructive senate.
So.... you oppose GOP obstructionism... and that's why you vote Republican?

Please. You couldn't even commit to hypothetically supporting Stacy Abrams over Brian Kemp in your home state. The best you could offer was a meek little "it's certainly possible that I would have." Your "possible" Biden support is similarly weak.
Initially, you emphasized the need for Joe Biden to select a Black running mate, at a time when you doubted that he would, as a necessary precondition for your "possible" support.

Here we are after Joe Biden selected Kamala Harris, and now there's a new hurdle he has to clear: reparations.
Meanwhile, Donald Trump outright opposes the very concept of reparations and his running mate bleeds ranch dressing.

The double standard could hardly be more blatant.

Donald Trump wasn't touting a First Step Act in 2016. He was too busy calling Mexican emigrants rapists and dog whistling about violence in Chicago, which he claimed he could solve "in one week" using "tough police tactics." You can't credibly claim that the "possibility" of a First Step Act was enough for you to throw your support behind GOP obstructionism and excuse the overt racism and misogyny of Donald Trump.

You say you'd vote for Biden/Harris if they vow to support reparations - but you've also said that you voted for Donald Trump because a Democratic candidate couldn't get anything through the Senate.
What, do you think a substantive reparations bill is likely to pass - or that its symbolic inclusion in the platform will, itself, flip the Senate and end the gridlock that you claim to oppose, yet simultaneously cite as your reason for supporting Republicans?

None of these flimsy excuses withstand even the slightest amount of scrutiny.

Let's acknowledge the obvious: "reform" is inadequate. This system must be dismantled root and branch.

Although no candidate has gone far enough in this regard, you will not find a more stalwart defender of the ferociously racist status quo than Donald Trump. One need only look to the second term agenda on his own campaign site for proof:
DEFEND OUR POLICE
  • Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
  • Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
  • Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
  • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
  • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial
Supporting Donald Trump enables and emboldens White Supremacist terrorism.

Just this week: he gave speaking time to a White couple who aimed guns at nonviolent protesters. He continues to stoke racist fears of a suburban "invasion." His former chief of staff at the DHS revealed that he offered pardons to department officials in support of a cruel, illegal immigration policy shaped by White Nationalists.

Enough.

This is indefensible.

Back
Top Bottom