***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Example #7875465760936790856586789346734753479887480589476 why the ACA is a great piece of legislation, even with the compromises it took to pass it.

But there are idiots on the left and right that make it their job criticizing it.
Still blows my mind. WHO THE HELL OPPOSES AFFORDABLE AND ACCESSIBLE HEALTHCARE? I FEEL LIKE I'M ON CRAZY PILLS

Still blows my mind. WHO THE HELL OPPOSES AFFORDABLE AND ACCESSIBLE HEALTHCARE? I FEEL LIKE I'M ON CRAZY PILLS
Modern day conservatives are cruel and jackasses. A lot of their opposition to the ACA specifically is because it is Obama's signature program. If it was left alone and well managed it would succeed, which would be bad for them politically. But generally they have been a massive roadblock to getting to universal coverage, and been that way for decades.

On the left there is another asinine argument that some M4A advocates make. The CBO and other think tanks often put out estimates of how many lives will be saved or lost on aggregate, in the long run, based on the given policy. Like the GOP's healthcare plan that McCain tanked was estimated to result in a certain number of deaths. The ACA as it currently is saves tons of lives, but it would have saved more if it still had its risk corridor funding and Medicaid expansion, the OG proposal would save more than the previous versions, and you can go up the ladder of health insurance plans. M4A is ahead of the any ACA plan. So since the M4A is estimated to save more lives in these estimates, people claim that ACA kills people.

More simply: if the ACA is predicted to save 100,000 people a years, and M4A is predicted to save 110,000 lives, people argue that the ACA and Obama are responsible for those deaths. You didn't save the life, so you are responsible for the death.

Richard Wolff makes that asinine argument in this video...

My homie hit me with that and I asked him "Well Socialized Medicine would probably save more lives than M4A. There are people that live in healthcare deserts and M4A does little to address, so someone could have health insurance but since there are not facilities for miles, and don't get care. Since the M4A doesn't really address this, on aggregate you will get some death from that". So does M4A responsible for these deaths? I am greeted with...
giphy.gif

When I ask them that if AOC's comments about compromising with a public option makes her support murder, or is Bernie complicit in all these death the ACA caused because he voted for the law, nothing but crickets.

Then he hit me with some variety of "welp, no one said M4A was it, we can build to it to help more people", and before they can transition back to the ACA slander I Google a clip of Obeezy saying the same thing about the ACA. That it was a step in the right direction but more must be done.

Sorry for the rant but there is so much bad faith nonsense in the discussion around healthcare reform in America. But yeah, conservatives are on another level with their *******.

Last edited:
They are calling SC for Joey already (as expected). Precincts aren't even reporting yet, so the exit polling must have been convincing.

Last edited:
Trump campaign’s plan to woo black voters: Retail stores

President Donald Trump’s outreach to African American voters is coming to a storefront near you.
As part of an ongoing effort to increase Trump’s share of the black vote this fall, the president’s reelection campaign unveiled plans on Wednesday to open a series of “community centers” in empty retail spaces across the U.S. where paid staffers and volunteers will spend the next several months courting black voters with literature, celebrity meet-and-greets and “woke”-branded attire.

The sleek new storefronts — a design rendering shared with POLITICO showed a bright interior outfitted with midcentury furniture and state-of-the-art wall graphics — will begin opening in March and are expected to span seven battleground states: Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Wisconsin.

The goal is not necessarily to win the African American vote in 2020 — an implausible outcome — but to simply raise Trump’s share a few percentage points from the 8 percent he received in 2016. If Trump can take his African American vote share from single digits to the low teens, it could give him a boost in key states that are likely to decide the outcome of the election.
Each center will double as a field office and a home base for the campaign’s “Black Voices for Trump” coalition, which has already started advertising with African American-operated radio stations and newspapers. Trump traveled to Atlanta last November to kick off the coalition alongside his campaign’s most high-profile black surrogates, some of whom will be dispatched to these new spaces for meet-and-greets and outreach events.
“These are, kind of, unprecedented structural layout designs to get us into the community so you can … have a center spot where the black community can come in and learn about what the president has done and help push forward his agenda,” said a senior Trump campaign official.
The centers will distribute pamphlets and sell merchandise, including hats and sweatshirts embroidered with the word “woke.” Asked to define “woke culture” as it relates to the president’s bid for reelection, a second campaign official — who is African American — said reporters should “ask a black person.”
“This concept by itself is a woke concept in the fact that for decades you have had a community that has been controlled by the Democratic Party," said Katrina Pierson, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign. "Republicans haven't even gone into deliver their message. Now, we have a Republican who is actually going to the community to deliver the message and ask for the vote."
Trump’s advisers contend that the current political landscape is ripe for Republican gains this cycle — including at the presidential level. So far, the campaign has focused its efforts in urban areas like Miami, Cleveland, Detroit and Charlotte.
“There’s been no activity in these markets for Republicans for a very long time and this is really more than a toe in the water. It’s a whole foot in the water,’ said a third senior campaign official.
Black Voices for Trump poster

The president’s reelection campaign unveiled plans to open a series of “community centers” in retail spaces across the U.S. | Gabby Orr/POLITICO
Much of the Trump campaign’s outreach to black voters has come on the heels of polls that show rising dissatisfaction among black voters with the current candidates running for president. A survey released this week by the political action committee BlackPAC, a left-leaning political group, found that more than one in three black voters wished “someone else” had made a play for the White House, and 12 percent said they plan to vote for Trump. Two additional polls by Emerson and Rasmussen showed the president earning 30 percent support among black voters earlier this year, though both outlets have faced questions about their methods.

"At minimum, we're double from where we were in 2016," said campaign manager Brad Parscale at a briefing with reporters on Wednesday, insisting that the president’s approval among African Americans goes up “40 to 50 points” when poll tested “directly” instead of “through a media filter.
Democrats have expressed immense skepticism that Trump can make serious inroads with black voters, who, they insist, will not forget that about the president’s track record of racially-charged remarks — such as his contention that Baltimore is a “rat and rodent infested mess” or that good people existed on “both sides” of the white nationalist march that left one person dead in Charlottesville, Va., in August 2017.
At the White House, senior adviser Jared Kushner has served as the architect of the Trump campaign’s strategy to woo African American voters. Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, was a driving force behind the administration’s push to pass bipartisan criminal justice reform legislation last year and has been urging Trump to make a serious play for black voters in 2020. Kushner and his allies argue that economic conditions — most notably, the historically low black unemployment rate — have the potential to shepherd new voters into the GOP.
As recently as last week, Kushner was behind a flurry presidential pardons and commutations issued that included Tynice Nichole Hall, an African American woman who served 14 years in prison on non-violent drug charges. The Trump campaign also ran a 30-second spot during this year’s Super Bowl featuring Alice Marie Johnson, another non-violent drug offender freed by the president.
“Thanks to President Trump, people like Alice are getting a second chance,” read part of a pamphlet that the campaign plans to distribute at its “black voices” community centers.
really really pathetic. :smh: .

They are calling SC for Joey already (as expected). Precinct aren't even reporting yet, so the exit polling must have been convincing.

And yet people on social media are going on tirades about them calling it so early, talmbout some conspiracy against Bernie. It’s almost as if people don’t understand how projections work. :lol:

Trump's performance with black voters probably got a ceiling of Bush 2nd term, 15%, that's the best case scenario. I do expect him to convince a ton of butter biscuit bros to vote for him, and tap into negative partisanship that many black men have against the Democratic Party. However black voter turnout was down a lot in 2016. If those black voters return I doubt you will see his number improve that much.

So it all depends on how turnout falls to see if there is actually an improvement. No matter how much people try act otherwise, the Democratic Party needs black voters to save their ******* asses again. So if the GOP can suppress enough votes at the state level, voter apathy sets in with the wrong Dem candidate, and some brothas start accepting biscuit bucks, the Dems are ******.

DWalk and Ninja think he got a shot at winning the black vote is ******* ridiculous though.

Back
Top Bottom