***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don’t regularly bring it up... I respond when others do.

And I defend due process in the former because the latter is affected (read incarcerated) when you don’t. I don’t have the convenience to pick and choose when due process deserves defending.

This is a nice attempt to reshape the discussion.

The point was that believing Roy Moore has credible accusers is not the same as calling for the execution of the Central Park 5.

But, you conveniently equate these two so that you can call NTers hypocrites.

Just because it is not how you operate doesn’t mean that it’s not how I operate.

Tons of people still feel OJ did it. I don’t share the sentiment. Neither did the jury.

I think that it is irresponsible to assign guilt based on your “how human beings operate” standard.

But we can agree to disagree on these points.
No, that is not how you operate in daily life. You don't need everything in life to be established beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law to draw conclusions and make decisions in your everyday life. This is simply not debatable, try as you might. There is no "agree to disagree."

And you bringing up OJ—again, a criminal case—and talking about "assigning guilt"—again, attempting to conflate a technical legal term and a everyday term—into the realm of daily life outside of a courtroom just lends further credence to the points I made in the post to which you were responding. Truly amazing!

Dwalk excused the treatment of migrant children at border because "it happens here every day."

Don't know why folks go back and forth.

Let's go to the tape

When parents are arrested, they are taken away from their children in America. Everyday. This is pending a probable cause hearing, and pending trial. You are supposed to get the probable cause hearing quickly, but that is not always the case. And even after you can remain imprisoned until your trial depending on your ability to pay bail, and other factors. The entire time, separated from your children. Resulting in the same psychological effects mentioned by people studying the situation at the border. And these children often end up on the street or in foster homes, or human trafficking. Spare me the one-sided concern for children being separated from their parents.

:sick::sick::sick:

Dwalk excused the treatment of migrant children at border because "it happens here every day."

Don't know why folks go back and forth.
I did not excuse that.

Capture.JPG

giphy.gif

No, that is not how you operate in daily life. You don't need everything in life to be established beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law to draw conclusions and make decisions in your everyday life. This is simply not debatable, try as you might. There is no "agree to disagree."

And you bringing up OJ—again, a criminal case—and talking about "assigning guilt"—again, attempting to conflate a technical legal term and a everyday term—into the realm of daily life outside of a courtroom just lends further credence to the points I made in the post to which you were responding. Truly amazing!

The thing is I do this in everyday life as it relates to criminal allegations.

Sure, deductions about available evidence is one thing.

But to accuse someone of supporting rape, child exploitation, and sex trafficking because they don’t come to the same conclusions as you about available evidence is ridiculous.

If I don’t agree that Roy Moore did what he’s accused of, based on the available evidence, then I support Roy Moore and child molestation? Surely you don’t agree with that reasoning.

Let's go to the tape

:sick::sick::sick:

I appreciate this post. I did not excuse it. And, if you continue reading I adamantly stated that no one wants to see children separated from their parents at the border.

To take that and say I excused it is ridiculous.

BIG YIKES

Guys, calm down. Rushian Limbaugh deserves due process since we dont know what was in his heart or in his mind. All I hear, as a patriotic American that defends due process because it's not always afforded to people that look like Barack Obama, is Daddy Rush praising Barack for the ability to live in DC and best Al Sharpton at a friendly game of politics. Anything more, and we'll need to hear from Rushian himself before we come to any conclusions or make our minds up.

We're all still waiting for your reasoned response for supporting Roy Moore yet not wanting your underage relatives to be left alone with him. Disgusting posts by you.

I wouldn’t leave my underaged relatives around you. And you, to my knowledge, haven’t been accused of anything.

The standard is different because I wouldn’t want to take chances. That’s enough for me to not do it. But it’s not enough for someone to preclude you from getting a job just because I wouldn’t leave my underage relatives around you.

Separating children at border: This issue is complex. No one wants to see children separated from their families. At the same time, children get separated from their families all the time when their parents commit crimes at jails all across America... CNN just doesn't cover it. The issue is the risk to undocumented immigrants, and their children, when they cross the border illegally. They often fall victim to the cartel, and sex trafficking. Many parents accept this risk to escape terrible situations. The question is whether it is smart to provide an incentive for taking that risk. Personally, I don't think so.

AKA no one wants to see it but the parents took the risk so **** em

Dwalk was also quick to defend Kavanaugh, despite several allegations of sexual assault.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was a big Harvey Weinstein guy.

*sigh*

Defended due process in re: Kavanaugh as well.

And he was confirmed.

AKA no one wants to see it but the parents took the risk so **** em

No. That‘s not my position at all. And I think that’s a terrible position to have.

My thoughts come from a place of compassion.

I appreciate that you found the post where I unequivocally stated that no one wants to see children separated from their parents at the border.

I wouldn’t leave my underaged relatives around you. And you, to my knowledge, haven’t been accused of anything.

The standard is different because I wouldn’t want to take chances. That’s enough for me to not do it. But it’s not enough for someone to preclude you from getting a job just because I wouldn’t leave my underage relatives around you.
Would you hire someone under indictment for child molestation, child abuse or whatever, as a babysitter?

Or in a different scenario, someone who is facing several allegations of sexual misconduct involving children but no criminal charges. You’re looking to hire a babysitter and this person offers to take the job. How do you proceed?

Last edited:
No. That‘s not my position at all. And I think that’s a terrible position to have.

My thoughts come from a place of compassion.

I appreciate that you found the post where I unequivocally stated that no one wants to see children separated from their parents at the border.

You also stated in the same post that the parents took the risk so we shouldn't reward said risk so you obfuscated you original point by saying it was fine the kids were taken because they parents came here illegally and we dont want to reward that behavior:lol:

Would you hire someone under indictment for child molestation as a babysitter?

Not knowingly.

But I don’t think being under indictment is sufficient to preclude them from getting a job. A conviction, however, is. And I’m not sure you can legally ask someone about arrests and use that in hiring decisions.

Back
Top Bottom