***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The administration stated that the killing of Soleimani was to de-escalate. And it appears, based on Iran's restrained response, that it worked to this point.
And obviously they were lying. Everything the Trump administration has done since withdrawing from the JCPOA is the polar opposite of de-escalation. It doesn't matter what the administration says because virtually everything coming out of their mouths is a lie.

They can't even keep their story straight on the legal justification for the strike.

You can't create a major crisis and then try to take credit for de-escalation as if they didn't create that major crisis in the first place.

Last edited:
Facts!

But this is typical of Trump. He starts a fire then wants to be the one to put it out and be praised for it.

And obviously they were lying. Everything the Trump administration has done since withdrawing from the JCPOA is the polar opposite of de-escalation.

You can't create a major crisis and then try to take credit for de-escalation as if they didn't create that major crisis in the first place.

Facts!

655F3DE9-5B4A-4F73-A91A-F303DC6B5A68.jpeg

dwalk31 dwalk31
6BC82FEF-4CB4-4B5F-B316-D53ADE5E749C.gif

Here are some of the lies that I can recall from the past week.

Lying about the legal justification/authority for the strike:
They couldn't keep their story straight. Which one is lying?

fa3b2a1760e9bbf9319315ced4ed3889.png

Shifting justification from "imminent threat" to past actions.

Lying about Iranian involvement in 9/11 to justify strike on Soleimani:
Contradicted by the official 9/11 Commission report.

Lying about Trump threatening to commit war crimes against Iran:
https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/202...ast/05reuters-iran-security-usa-cultural.html

Pompeo Says Trump Did Not Threaten to Target Iranian Cultural Sites: Fox

Earlier today, lying about defeating "100%" of ISIS:
Refuted by Defense Secretary Esper and common sense.
d11d2a19cec2c909cee9f0734d4374a1.png

Lying about Obama giving $150 billion to Iran:
The $1.8b figure is actually correct, though it was $400m+interest the US rightfully owed to Iran
d29169e055d81734a2b42e8cb1555d2f.png

Last edited:
The administration stated that the killing of Soleimani was to de-escalate. And it appears, based on Iran's restrained response, that it worked to this point.
Probably the only way Trump could make you support this nonsense more is if he harassed an underage Iranian girl while the predator missile was descending.

Last edited:
Funny dwalk31 dwalk31 is not talking issue with Trump calling Soleimani a war criminal without a proper trial.

Due process doe.

That has nothing to do with US Constitutional due process.

Due process rights in the counter-terrorism sphere are very complex. Based on the information provided to this point, Trump acted within his presidential powers in my opinion.

That has nothing to do with US Constitutional due process.

Due process rights in the counter-terrorism sphere are very complex. Based on the information provided to this point, Trump acted within his presidential powers in my opinion.
What are your thoughts on Trump openly threatening to commit war crimes and doubling down on it after Pompeo lied about what Trump said?

What are your thoughts on Trump openly threatening to commit war crimes and doubling down on it after Pompeo lied about what Trump said?

Inexperience. He’s a novice politician. That’s what he ran on, but in this instance he needed to do better. He’s since backed away from those statements. Probably since receiving additional information.

Inexperience. He’s a novice politician. That’s what he ran on, but in this instance he needed to do better. He’s since backed away from those statements. Probably since receiving additional information.
He also advocated for war crimes ("you have to take out their families") and torture in his campaign. After all the criticism about his first threat to commit war crimes, he doubled down on it while talking to reporters near AF1.

Where has he backed away from defending war crimes?

He also advocated for war crimes ("you have to take out their families") and torture in his campaign. After all the criticism about his first threat to commit war crimes, he doubled down on it.

Where has he backed away from defending war crimes?

I am speaking in regards to the targeting of historic sites.

I'm convinced that Presidents use our military power because we spend trillions on it and it's there. I vote to reduce taxes for every American that makes less than 500K per year, therefore reducing Federal Revenue, hence FORCING Congress to not spend money on this nonsense.

I'm convinced that Presidents use our military power because we spend trillions on it and it's there. I vote to reduce taxes for every American that makes less than 500K per year, therefore reducing Federal Revenue, hence FORCING Congress to not spend money on this nonsense.

Why 500k?

As am I.
I pointed out that his latest threats to commit war crimes aren't the first time he has supported war crimes.

He has since stated that he would act within applicable laws and acknowledged that targeting historic sites would be improper.

That is not gonna work though

They will just fund it by borrowing.

Hell we didn't fund the Iraq War strictly through tax dollars.

Plus the only tax cuts that should be on the table are ones that will benefit the poor and lower middle class.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom