***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Agreed. Voting should be once every 4 years be a 2 week long process. 10 days of mandatory education followed by 4 days of voting time.

I’m not a big fan of all these different elections etc. Its too often and too much.

Agreed. Voting should be once every 4 years be a 2 week long process. 10 days of mandatory education followed by 4 days of voting time.

I’m not a big fan of all these different elections etc. Its too often and too much.
I disagree. I think all major votes should be treated as a do or die situation.

I’m hearing that there are power cuts in Texas - strangely in the areas where Beto is winning...

911DAFDC-1D95-4322-8061-307C75163C0B.jpeg

for da culture​

bull **** :smh:

I don’t think that’s all that different from the Russians stuffing extra ballots in boxes. A top official overseeing the election he’s running in is just a bad recipe.

Ballot stuffing gives one party/candidate a bunch of fraudulent votes. Targeting specific areas with voter suppression is trying to eliminate votes from going to the opposition. Ballot stuffing is a lot more effective obviously but the intent is more or less the same.

So, if you lose a basketball game do your points not count and you just never play again?

Because that's the logic you're using.
That’s good logic but it’s going to change my mind
people that are running are not doing anything for me
If Cuomo Does what Cynthia Nixon wanted to do
I’ll vote for him in another four years how about that

I don’t believe politicians

The last time I voted before this past September was 12 ago

Too many liberals in nys and as I said I’m not Voting unless legalized marijuana is on the ballot

I don’t think that’s all that different from the Russians stuffing extra ballots in boxes. A top official overseeing the election he’s running in is just a bad recipe.

Ballot stuffing gives one party/candidate a bunch of fraudulent votes. Targeting specific areas with voter suppression is trying to eliminate votes from going to the opposition. Ballot stuffing is a lot more effective obviously but the intent is more or less the same.

It's imperative that the racial element be stated clearly in this context.

They use to abduct and lynch us, shoot us dead in the street, bomb our houses and our families, as methods of black voter suppression.

All with impunity, often with the aid of law enforcement. The motivation, intent, and objective were the exact same.

There's a reason why I still refer to them as devils, and a reason why I spit in the face of any of them who downplay the existence of systemic racism.

Hannity called the actual journalists on his own network fake news.
Excerpt:
Early during his remarks at the Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Hannity pointed to the press holding area and said, "All those people in the back are fake news," which included journalists from Fox News covering the event.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...hannity-pirro-participating-in-trump-campaign
Fox News: We do 'not condone' hosts Hannity, Pirro participating in Trump campaign events
Fox News says it "does not condone" its hosts "participating in campaign events" as Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro did during a campaign rally with President Trump in Missouri on Monday night.

A network spokesperson on Tuesday called the event "an unfortunate distraction" that "has been addressed."

“FOX News does not condone any talent participating in campaign events," read a statement to The Hill. "We have an extraordinary team of journalists helming our coverage tonight and we are extremely proud of their work. This was an unfortunate distraction and has been addressed.”

Hannity took to Twitter to also address the controversial decision to appear onstage. The host had stated in a tweet earlier on Monday that he would not do so, and wrote on Tuesday afternoon he was surprised but honored by the president's request.

"What I said in my tweet yesterday was 100% truthful," he wrote to his more than 3.8 million followers. "When the POTUS invited me on stage to give a few remarks last night, I was surprised, yet honored by the president’s request. This was NOT planned."

Hannity's earlier tweet had appeared to rule out the possibility of campaigning with the president:

Early during his remarks at the Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Hannity pointed to the press holding area and said, "All those people in the back are fake news," which included journalists from Fox News covering the event.

"To be clear, I was not referring to my journalist colleagues at FOX News in those remarks," Hannity wrote in a subsequent tweet. "They do amazing work day in and day out in a fair and balanced way and It is an honor to work with such great professionals."

Hannity, a staunch advocate of the president, once appeared in a campaign ad for then-candidate Trump in September 2016, which also drew a rebuke from the network.

“We were not aware of Sean Hannity participating in a promotional video and he will not be doing anything along these lines for the remainder of the election season,” a network spokesperson said in a statement to The Hill at the time.

Back
Top Bottom