***Official Political Discussion Thread***

"Somewhat higher"
Pruitt's security detail has cost 3 million dollars, consists of a 20-member 24/7 detail and has caused so much overtime that many of the security members have hit their salary caps and forced agents to be pulled from environmental investigations to provide security for him. He also tried to order a bulletproof vehicle and a bulletproof desk but those requests were denied. He handsomely paid a female aide who allegedly didn't even show up to work for more than a month. He installed a costly soundproof booth in his office. He went on a taxpayer-funded first class trip to Morocco to promote liquefied natural gas. The only US liquefied natural gas exporter is a client of the energy lobbyist who co-owns the $50/night condo Pruitt was living in.
Etc. etc.

The woman that got the raise but never showed up for work must have been Pruitt's mistress.

She didn't show up for work but she made sure to take that trip to Paris and Morocco.

I think this may be the first time he has criticized Putin directly

DZ-1tmrX0AAfML8.jpg
MI.gif

Also a reminder that John Bolton is starting his tenure tomorrow amidst reports of John Kelly falling out of favor and losing influence in the WH.
He reportedly threatened to quit on March 28th after raging at Trump, who has increasingly frozen out Kelly from key decisions.

That was a wonderful person, believe me. We're already missing him/her bigly. It's times like these that we Americans must stay together and there was no collusion! #Thoughts&Prayers #Caravans
we should also arm the residents with more guns.

I think this may be the first time he has criticized Putin directly

I'm quite impressed trump knows that Assad means "lion."

Perhaps this is a good sign, though it is mr. Benghazi himself after all.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...questions-how-long-pruitt-is-going-to-make-it
Gowdy on video questions how long Pruitt is ‘going to make it’
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said in a video recorded by activists that he is not sure how long Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt will last in his Trump administration post amid of slew of reported ethical scandals.

“I don't have a lot of patience for that kind of stuff,” Gowdy said in the video, which was released by Friends of the Earth and cited by Politico.

"I'm not sure he's going to make it that long. It gets worse every time there’s a report in the news," he continued.
He made the comments at a signing event for his book that he wrote with Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.).

A Republican source told The Hill on Friday that Gowdy, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, has begun probing Pruitt's past $50 a night housing arrangement on Capitol Hill.

The Oversight and Government Reform Committee “has been looking into Pruitt’s condo deal,” a Gowdy aide said. “The EPA produced documents to the committee this week, including both the March 30 and April 4 [ethics] memos.”

Gowdy has been under increasing pressure to step up his investigation into Pruitt, who’s faced a barrage of negative headlines in recent weeks related to his living arrangements, spending on private jets, office furniture and security detail.

Pruitt said the lease followed ethics requirements and that his spending is not excessive.

President Trump took to Twitter on Saturday to express his support and confidence in Pruitt.

Back
Top Bottom