***Official Political Discussion Thread***

sounds like class envy rhetoric...what they eat don't make me **** & vice versa.

if someone busts they're ***** so their kids can be set..who's to say I or anyone else be against that?

How convenient....Sad that your mothers hard work stops at you, your chain and your precious Hemi as it seems you have no intent to ever even bless her with grand kids and reciprocate the sacrifice down your generation.

keep my mom's name out ur mouth Elkin.

**** got nothing to do with this thread.

besides, we really advocating government obfuscation polices versus parents leaving what they worked for to their own kids? :lol:

Last edited:
trump is clearly a distinct case and we can't use the usual norms to judge him or to put his actions in context.

any attempts to make a parallel with past presidents is an attempt to excuse and cover up the historically bad stuff going on in the white house. anything good he does is on accident.

as for the republican party, they have some good and some bad. but, since Obama became president, they have decided that they will focus on the bad. the party has regressed. they are not as bad as trump but they are as bad as trump as they are the most well-situated force to oppose trump.

Last edited:
He killed the TPP, which I was against signing. He didn't understand the implications of it though, but still, I agree with the move.

And far as the Republicans, I agree with many things they believe in on paper, but in practice, if they were running the show, I know it will be ****.

For example they support a weaker executive branch and a stronger Legislative branch. Problem is that they are also against making Congress representative of the population.

I know plenty of principled non racist conservatives, they all hate the current GOP.

Last edited:
sounds like class envy rhetoric...what they eat don't make me **** & vice versa.

if someone busts they're ***** so their kids can be set..who's to say I or anyone else be against that?

How convenient....Sad that your mothers hard work stops at you, your chain and your precious Hemi as it seems you have no intent to ever even bless her with grand kids and reciprocate the sacrifice down your generation.

He speaking truth though no? :lol:

Srs question for the liberals here. But in the interest of attempting to be as impartial as possible, are we victims of the same thing the right wing are?

Are there any things Drumpf is doing that are good? Because there's the part of me that thinks nobody can be THIS bad. Like 110% bad and 0% good. And that even extends to the entire republican party. I don't want to come off as being on the other side of the spectrum as those people who say Obama was the worst president of all time. But Drumpf is on a trajectory of making even George Bush seem ok in comparison.

This question isn't for ninja and other known racists, thank you.

just to think...bush had this to say after 9/11...

Last edited:
Srs question for the liberals here. But in the interest of attempting to be as impartial as possible, are we victims of the same thing the right wing are?

Are there any things Drumpf is doing that are good? Because there's the part of me that thinks nobody can be THIS bad. Like 110% bad and 0% good. And that even extends to the entire republican party. I don't want to come off as being on the other side of the spectrum as those people who say Obama was the worst president of all time. But Drumpf is on a trajectory of making even George Bush seem ok in comparison.

This question isn't for ninja and other known racists, thank you.

Good is subjective, my g.

As an investment professional, we are about to be out here flourishing until we drive the economy into the tank, where we will, for the most part, see it coming from a mile away and adjust accordingly.

As a black man, I'm worried about Jeff Sesh.

There's nothing wrong with parents creating a trust for their children.

It's funny how Bill Gates and Warren Buffett aren't giving a damn cent to their kids when they pass away though :lol:

Wrong. They are giving like 5-10 million and then the rest they are donating to charities they run.

And :rofl: at ninja defending nepotism and the like. You haven't exactly made it to take advantage of it so don't you worry about it. However, many of us on this forum have and have family members that will do this does affect us. Seems like the only thing you'll be inheriting is a rent controlled apartment :lol:

Btw, don't think your apartment is that sacred. My family is involved in RE and we have lots of friends in it as well and getting ride of a rent controlled tenant sucks but it can be done and you can also have them lose the rights to that apartment. So don't count on that bullet proof plan. You better hope someone who has $ doesn't doesn't buy it because they won't have to pay you get out either. :lol:

Waiting to see what happens with the Dodd Frank act papers he signed. It affects my job. Not sure he understands the results of any changes though.

I have to take issue with a number of my liberal friends, with whom I normally agree. I do not like this center left fatalism on economics and politics. You guys are basically saying "oh yeah. outsourcing just happens. The outsized influence of finance over manufacturing just happened." No my friends, those were policy choices. The same lazy fatalism extents to politics as well, "oh, we can't even compete in 20 States or so" That and "well ya know, Democrats have lower turnout in midterms, that's just how it is."

Also, those of use who are flourishing in deep blue Counties need to check ourselves. Is it fun and deliciously ironic to be wealthier than a large chunk of the Republican coalition? Hell yeah it is. When your opposition seems to assign value to people based solely on their net worth, it is kind of funny that us "libtards," "****s" and "snowflakes" are thriving and are, on their terms, better people.

We should not get caught up in that though. We should not forget that, fundamentally, our economy is becoming less and less productive and more and more extractive. We have a few clusters where the lobbyists, financiers, oil barons, university presidents and tech bros (who get rich largely from gaming the patent system and not through "innovation) gather to extract, game the system, get very rich and spend their ill gotten gains.

Most of the economy in these cobalt blue, urban cores consists of being well paid lackeys to those aforementioned economic grandees. The life coaches, mixologists, IT professionals, office managers, cheese mongers, chefs des cuisines, yoga instructors and adjunct professors may think they got it all figured out, they may think that they have adapted to the globalized, service based economy but they have mostly had the benefit of proximity to the very wealthy.

We must not forget the fact that liberalism is good because it is far more just than the ideology of our opponents and not because the IMF or Air B&B or the Federal Courts happen to side with us right now.

It was cruel when conservatives said that poor black folks should just get a better education and it is cruel now when we say that white folks in Appalachia should just go to grad school and all will be well. Income inequality is a deliberate policy choice whether it happens in Detroit or in West Virginia. To the extent that we can articulate policies that will address those problems, is the extent to which we can built a huge coalition that can beat Trumpism, at the ballot box. Let's avoid the temptation to indulge in elitist rhetoric and to flirt with undemocratic means of over throwing Trump and his toxic ideology.

Bro I said NOTHING negative about your moms or would ever, I respect her and her struggles....cut it out with the fake outrage.

there's absolutely no reason u bringing her up though.

and she would tell u out her own mouth "¿yo dejando lo chavo mío al gobierno? ¿pero es que tú ya loco muchacho?".

It's funny how Bill Gates and Warren Buffett aren't giving a damn cent to their kids when they pass away though :lol:

Wrong. They are giving like 5-10 million and then the rest they are donating to charities they run.

And :rofl: at ninja defending nepotism and the like. You haven't exactly made it to take advantage of it so don't you worry about it. However, many of us on this forum have and have family members that will do this does affect us. Seems like the only thing you'll be inheriting is a rent controlled apartment :lol:

pssh if ya only knew :lol:

do da math b...I'm a only child, who u think benefitted from savings pounds of cold hard currency for decades, and let's their son fly out to Miami to drop 15k on a cuban....

let's just leave it like that 8)

buh bye estate tax :pimp:

there's absolutely no reason u bringing her up though.

and she would tell u out her own mouth "¿yo dejando lo chavo mío al gobierno? ¿pero es que tú ya loco muchacho?".

You are conveniently talking about parents and how is cool that they struggle to set their kids up, yeah that's actually admirable and what a parent is supposed to do, however is sad as ***** when that kid absorbs all that like a sponge and does nothing with it, not excel and branch out, not advance the bloodline, literally 30+ years of nurture with close to nothing to show for, as an only child, I'd like to think my mother looks herself in the mirror and sees that she raised a man on her that other, including herself can depend on, my biggest motivation for having kids is making her a grandmother....but me and you are different people....money isn't the end game.

I'm still waiting for ninjas savings account statement, who will release the documents first? Trumps taxes or NHs statement, anything less than a mil with his lifestyle, it's an L.

lol unless your family got millions in the bank, I doubt your mom's estate would be subject to an estate tax Ninja

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/estate-tax
This. Even in that case, I assume the same loophole to avoid an "estate tax" that exists over here applies to the US as well.

Legally "gift" money/property to the family member it would apply to before dying, which is untaxed over here.

When my granddad was close to dying of cancer he gifted money/property to the family members in his will so they didn't have to pay the 25% "death tax", as it's called over here. It applies to everyone.

Last edited:
lol unless your family got millions in the bank, I doubt your mom's estate would be subject to an estate tax Ninja

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/estate-tax
This. Even in that case, I assume the same loophole to avoid an "estate tax" that exists over here applies to the US as well.
Legally "gift" money/property to the family member it would apply to before dying, which is untaxed. 
Nah in the US there is such thing as the gift tax
Only a certain amount can be excluded from the tax before it kicks in
You would need a lot of family members trying to avoid the tax :lol:

If you're interested you can read all this
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...oyed/frequently-asked-questions-on-gift-taxes

Last edited:
You would need a lot of family members trying to avoid the tax
laugh.gif

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...oyed/frequently-asked-questions-on-gift-taxes
I guess y'all at least had the sense to try and fix that loophole up a bit 
laugh.gif

It's completely untaxed here but from what I know there's actually a lot of people who don't know that and the death tax applies to everyone. It can also be tricky sometimes to convince a family member to gift their money/property to you before their death.

Last edited:

You would need a lot of family members trying to avoid the tax :lol:

I guess y'all at least had the sense to try and fix that loophole up a bit :lol:
It's completely untaxed here but from what I know there's actually a lot of people who don't know that and the death tax applies to everyone. It can also be tricky sometimes to convince a family member to gift their money/property to you before their death.
Technically the loophole for the law is that it's an annual exclusion so you can gift a certain amount of the exclusion each year
A smart rich person would gift it annually as much times as they can during their lifetime instead of waiting until their deathbed.

Last edited:

pssh if ya only knew :lol:

do da math b...I'm a only child, who u think benefitted from savings pounds of cold hard currency for decades, and let's their son fly out to Miami to drop 15k on a cuban....

let's just leave it like that 8)

buh bye estate tax :pimp:

I don't think these kind of post have the effect you think they do.

Back
Top Bottom