***Official Political Discussion Thread***

laugh if you want to but for all of Trumps obvious flaws dems are losing young men, black men and latino men to republicans.

whats the plan to address this?
Here you go with this nonsense again. Tell us how black men cost Stacey Abrams Georgia next….. You know that other big lie the media did. At this point I think saying we won’t vote is a democratic strategy to make us prove them wrong OR a way to make anything designed for us platable to white moderate and conservative who have historically seen any policy aimed at black people as affirmative action no matter how benign.

Whatever the perceptions, though, Harris is doing better with Black male voters than Joe Biden was earlier this year. According to a recent Pew survey, seventy-three per cent will vote or are leaning toward voting for her. Even in mid-July, before Biden dropped out of the race, Harris’s favorability rating among Black voters in battleground states exceeded his by five points. A more recent poll from Howard University found that, in swing states, eighty-eight per cent of Black men over fifty and seventy-two per cent of those younger say they will likely vote for her. Still, Terrance Woodbury, who leads HIT Strategies, a firm that has done extensive polling on this part of the electorate, has pointed out that the issue goes far beyond Harris as a candidate, or—as Barack Obama chided last Thursday, at a campaign field office, before he spoke at a Harris rally in Pittsburgh—the reluctance that some Black men may have to vote for a woman for President. (It’s worth remembering that Black men voted for Clinton in 2016 at a level that surpassed white women by thirty-six points.)

That is strong support, I don’t know what they want? We are not monolithic, but the vast majority of us will vote for Kamala.

I am going back to ignoring politics but damn this narrative pisses me off.

NEW

ATLANTA (AP) — A judge has blocked a new rule that requires Georgia Election Day ballots to be counted by hand after the close of voting. The ruling came a day after the same judge ruled that county election officials must certify election results by the deadline set in law.

The State Election Board last month passed the rule requiring that three poll workers each count the paper ballots — not votes — by hand after the polls close. The county election board in Cobb County, in Atlanta’s suburbs, had filed a lawsuit seeking to have a judge declare that rule and five others recently passed by the state board invalid, saying they exceed the state board’s authority, weren’t adopted in compliance with the law and are unreasonable.

In a ruling late Tuesday, Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney wrote, that the so-called hand count rule “is too much, too late” and blocked its enforcement while he considers the merits of the case.

For the orange theory boys in here.. does trumps character not play any part in your decision to vote for him? Like as a man, how do you respect him? I have three sons.. and there isn’t a character trait he possesses that I look at and say yeah… I want my boys to have that. Maybe I look at things different but I can’t stand men like him. Don’t even get me started on Ted Cruz’s **** ***… sorry venting just came across a FB post attacking Kamala’s character and it just made me think… ok with all her short comings she’s still a better human than trump. How can any trumper have a leg to stand on when it comes to basing your vote on their character.

Because Trump supporters Lowkey are EXACTLY like him. Vile and scum. They can hide behind him because in their everyday lives, they ARE him. They live vicariously through him

Is the about face caused by increasing antisemitism?

It's funny. All the "extreme" left wanted was to remind comedians that they can be respectful of others during their act, but because the "isms" were over, the reaction to low-grade material was "they're censoring us!"

“Does culture change and are their things that I use to say that [I can’t because] people are always moving [the gate]? Yes, but that’s the biggest and easiest target,” Seinfeld added. “You can’t say certain words about groups. So what? The accuracy of your observation has to be 100 times finer than that just to be a comedian…So I don’t think, as I said, the ‘extreme left’ has done anything to inhibit the art of comedy.”

Better late than never, I guess...

playing in a sport segregated by sex is not a right.

if cruz said, "Trans people shouldn't be allowed to work, shouldn't be allowed access to housing, should be turned away from open accommodations."

Im sure Allred would have dissented

it's fine if he does a tactical retreat on this one weird issue nobody supports.

They are campaigning with the cheney family because they need the 9% of republicans to win a close election. What swing constituents does Trans women in sports deliver?

You aren't addressing the fact that this is about trans women in sports. not about trans rights. Nobody is competing over trans teenagers. hating trans people is not popular. most people support LGBT rights.

just not trans sports. you have to engage with this reality instead of creating straw men.

these are insane answers to give in a TEXAS senate debate. people aren't dumb they can tell when you don't answer a question.

the public is supportive of lgbt rights there is literally ZERO reason to bite the bullet on such a niche issue that polls underwater even with DEMOCRATS.

progressives have deluded themselves into believing that you can continue moving to the left on various cultural and face zero electoral consequences,

somehow you can maintain more moderate black and latino moderate support while way to the left of these groups culturally. at some point there is a consequence, and we are seeing it today.

as black and latino support erodes. at some point you have to wake up face reality.

I hope you’re right and that this will be a case similar to the Democrats in 2008 when asked about gay marriage.

You punt and wait for social mores to change and few years later you “evolve” and support gay marriage in particular and LGBT rights in general.

If that’s the case with trans rights, I’ll be glad to be wrong about this.

What I am worried about is that the GOP has recalibrated and they have found that being openly homophobic does not help them, largely because there’s lots of gay celebrities and most straight people personally know someone who is gay. As a result, demonizing gays and lesbians backfires.

But trans people, especially visibility trans people, are a numerically much smaller and far less visible group. This makes them easier to demonize because you can let the average voter’s mind run wild with all sorts of lurid scenarios of predatory trans people which they, in 2024, would not towards cis gay people.

I am worried that as material conditions get progressively worse for the average American, that the trans hate will actually get stronger and then into a self reinforcing cycle of demonization causes more trans invisibility which leads to more demonization and ultimately hate crimes including mob violence. (I also have this worry about immigrants as well). I feel as though Democrats may have contributed to that by reinforcing that invisibility.

All that said, Allred’s answer kind of was strategically vague and kind of can be interpreted as being pro trans since people, in favor of female trans athletes in women’s sports, also see trans women as “boys,” so saying that boys shouldn’t play girl’s sports can win over some undecideds who are mildly anti trans while not alienating trans people and trans Allie’s in Texas. So I shouldn’t be too critical in this particular instance.

Here you go with this nonsense again. Tell us how black men cost Stacey Abrams Georgia next….. You know that other big lie the media did. At this point I think saying we won’t vote is a democratic strategy to make us prove them wrong OR a way to make anything designed for us platable to white moderate and conservative who have historically seen any policy aimed at black people as affirmative action no matter how benign.

That is strong support, I don’t know what they want? We are not monolithic, but the vast majority of us will vote for Kamala.

I am going back to ignoring politics but damn this narrative pisses me off.

this article you posted is incredibly misleading as it compares Kamala Harris's polling to Joe Biden's this year.

1729053033531.png

Joe Biden was polling was below replacement level, and pretty much the bottom for a democrat in todays polarized environment.

Kamala is currently polling worse with black voters than Joe in 2020, than Hillary in 2016, than Obama in 2014.

maybe this changes on election day, but pretending like polls aren't real. or comparing Kamala to a dead 2024 joe biden campaign is just wilful blindness.

Not accurate, RFK would have like a dead whale shark head lashed to the bumper of that cyber truck.

Edit: also, you know it smells crazy in there.

Last edited:
But trans people, especially visibility trans people, are a numerically much smaller and far less visible group. This makes them easier to demonize because you can let the average voter’s mind run wild with all sorts of lurid scenarios of predatory trans people which they, in 2024, would not towards cis gay people.

I am worried that as material conditions get progressively worse for the average American, that the trans hate will actually get stronger and then into a self reinforcing cycle of demonization causes more trans invisibility which leads to more demonization and ultimately hate crimes including mob violence. (I also have this worry about immigrants as well). I feel as though Democrats may have contributed to that by reinforcing that invisibility.

All that said, Allred’s answer kind of was strategically vague and kind of can be interpreted as being pro trans since people, in favor of female trans athletes in women’s sports, also see trans women as “boys,” so saying that boys shouldn’t play girl’s sports can win over some undecideds who are mildly anti trans while not alienating trans people and trans Allie’s in Texas. So I shouldn’t be too critical in this particular instance.

I think the comparison to gay rights is totally flawed but even ignoring that
i don't think it's nearly that dire.

most people don't think trans people should be discriminated against or they don't care enough to vote on it.

the reason republicans deploy it is not because they public is clamoring for anti trans legislation

for the most part it's just a way to make Dems look like college educated elite weirdos. That's the whole point of the "what is a woman question" it's not about a debate on the philosophy of language.

it's just a trick to get dems to voice culturally left opinions.

imo you shouldn't bite these bullets. it helps no one.

when they ask you should men compete in women's sports. you just say no and pivot.
when you hem and haw or try to come up with clever turns of phrase. you just end up looking weird.

Back
Top Bottom