***Official Political Discussion Thread***

None of those are hoaxes. You are not a discerning human being and an admitted Trump supporter. No one cares what you want to twist around. You’re supporting a guy who suggested drinking bleach to get rid of it because he desperately wanted covid to disappear as a re-election liability. Go away now, you’re wasting intelligent people’s time.

I can’t imagine voting for a guy who got brutally eviscerated by his own brain dead words for 15 minutes last night. A complete joke of the most absurd and disgusting variety. Corky from Life Goes On is more capable than TFG

None of those are hoaxes. You are not a discerning human being and an admitted Trump supporter. No one cares what you want to twist around. You’re supporting a guy who suggested drinking bleach to get rid of it because he desperately wanted covid to disappear as a re-election liability. Go away now, you’re wasting intelligent people’s time.
I just posted the quote. You posted an article that proves opposite of the point you were trying to prove. You even message other members on here about me because they tell me. You are weird bro.

Yeah, that’s entirely the problem. I read some interesting stuff from the 70s (before computers were everywhere but when timesaving things where coming along) and it wondered how people were going to fill their time because of how much less they’d have to work - instead we all just produce 3x more but don’t get paid more.

This is probably worse because there is a risk of many of us being obsolete - and that’s fine if we use the money some make to then provide for everyone (that’s the Star Trek style utopia) but it’s not okay if a few hoard all the money and the rest of us are destitute.

That’s why they need taxed effectively - and you’re absolutely right that it won’t be trickling down and we’re at that precipice right now.

Imagine if wages kept up with efficiency. We’d all be rich.

I was thinking there needs to be an automation tax or something but then I realized just bring back the windfall profits tax and it would stop this all real quick.

Thinking only the poor will have their jobs automated is dumb. Planes land automated now.

Automation is at the point where you have
to fight it or no one will have jobs
While I see where you're coming from, I have to say the real issue is that we have never prepared the American mindset and institutions to a future where work is so efficient that people work less and make enough to live in relative excess (make enough to save and splurge a bit).

Technology is catching up to the puritan ethos and our society is fighting against it, all at the cost of progress.

You dont want to post the quote because you cant post the quote without being wrong

Trump, Feb. 28: Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, “How’s President Trump doing?” They go, “Oh, not good, not good.” They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa. They can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.

Meanwhile, Trump entrusted much of the federal response to his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, despite Kushner's manifest lack of credentials, knowledge or experience. It fell to Kushner and his group to develop a plan for nationwide testing.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner's team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. "The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy," said the expert.

• Key allies are rewarded: Sens. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., and Martha McSally, R-Ariz., two of their party's most politically vulnerable lawmakers, have been able to claim credit publicly for using their influence with Trump to secure ventilators for their states. Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., who presides over a state that is both Trump's official home and crucial to his re-election hopes, says the president has delivered everything he needs. Meanwhile, other big jurisdictions across the country say they are scrambling to find test kits and personal protective equipment.

• The politics work as reward and punishment: Kushner has praised the president for being "very, very hands-on" in determining where goods are shipped, and Trump said over the weekend that he might withhold federal support for the states of governors who don't accede to his request that they loosen stay-at-home restrictions.

• Those outside the circle are vulnerable: Last week, it took the intervention of a powerful Democratic House chairman to stop federal agents from seizing a shipment of personal protective equipment acquired privately by a Massachusetts hospital system. Frustrated state and municipal officials complain frequently — almost exclusively on the condition of anonymity to avoid hurting their prospects of getting future aid — about reports that expected shipments have been rerouted or seized by the federal government.

We were here, and we remember exactly how Trump politicized the covid response.

Thinking only the poor will have their jobs automated is dumb.
I can guarantee you that nobody in White Collar Land is thinking like this.

We're watching software engineers get hit left, right, and center with the layoff hammer and wondering who's next.

Automation already wrecked havoc in the legal world, and that was around the time artificial neural networks and language modeling were only known to academics.

If you're doing a repetitive task for a living, the process can be reliably automated, and your output requires no additional intellectual input, your job is on the chopping block. It's only a matter of time.

I can guarantee you that nobody in White Collar Land is thinking like this.

We're watching software engineers get hit left, right, and center with the layoff hammer and wondering who's next.

Automation already wrecked havoc in the legal world, and that was around the time artificial neural networks and language modeling were only known to academics.

If you're doing a repetitive task for a living, the process can be reliably automated, and your output requires no additional intellectual input, your job is on the chopping block. It's only a matter of time.

Construction it’s all run off gps too on automatics.

I’m old school and never used it and don’t know how because our machines are so old but yeah it’s coming for construction too.

You still have to “drive” but it does all the grading for you

I’ve still heard people say stupid stuff like that though and I just laugh.

When you’re unsure, look at those who are on your side.

Also….if you’re gonna draw it on, why not give yourself a proper lineup.
IMG_0309.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl:

How are y’all going back and forth with someone saying trump didn’t call the coronavirus a hoax? It’s clear he’s not being serious or is too young to vote.

Back
Top Bottom