***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Left Twitter’s collective reaction today.

IMG_4714.jpeg

So who is the Twitch streamer who bribed him with 50k worth of Zyn pouches? :rofl:
I'm not seeing anything along those lines in the indictment?

Unrelated but Twitch is a relatively easy way to launder money on a smaller scale.
Generally you set up a scheme somewhere along these lines:

1. Crypto wallet with illegitimate funds
2. Set up fake Paypal accounts
3. Use a middleman to convert crypto into Paypal transfers under a certain amount to avoid triggering a money laundering audit or ID verification
4. Use said Paypal accounts to purchase Twitch bits or subscriptions
5. Adjust your Twitch viewer count with bots if necessary to create the appearance of a normal viewer to income ratio
6. Twitch pays out the bits and/or subscription fees after taking their cut

I remember there was a scandal some time ago, ironically one that involved Turkish individuals as well, that more or less used this scheme to launder money. Their main issue was that the amount of money they were laundering was massively in excess of the accounts' average viewers. Twitch had a huge data leak a while ago that basically exposed the scheme.

I'm not seeing anything along those lines in the indictment?

Unrelated but Twitch is a relatively easy way to launder money on a smaller scale.
Generally you set up a scheme somewhere along these lines:

1. Crypto wallet with illegitimate funds
2. Set up fake Paypal accounts
3. Use a middleman to convert crypto into Paypal transfers under a certain amount to avoid triggering a money laundering audit or ID verification
4. Use said Paypal accounts to purchase Twitch bits or subscriptions
5. Adjust your Twitch viewer count with bots if necessary to create the appearance of a normal viewer to income ratio
6. Twitch pays out the bits and/or subscription fees after taking their cut

It appears I have been trolled :frown:

I wonder how the FBA/ADOS Trump supporters are going to spin this one

I always assumed that some of these guys, especially the ones with goofy avatars that don't show their face, or either Russian bots or white Americans pretending to be black online.

Last edited:
Bloomberg had his issues but at least he wasn't completely corrupt. I guess that's one of the benefits of going into office as one of the richest people in the world.

You’re essentially the CEO of a 300k employee enterprise with an annual budget of $100 billion and you get paid less than a junior investment banker or software engineer. Just getting hired requires raising and spending millions. And it’s pretty much guaranteed that a dozen million people will always kind of hate you.

It’s a weird job. Not surprising that it attracts weird people.

Back
Top Bottom