***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I was just in Dallas over the weekend and they running hella ads about trans folks in schools and bathrooms…It stuck out to me cuz they made it seem like a horror movie , but interesting to see I wasn’t going crazy thinking all the ads seemed excessive…Multiple every commercial break

Reminded me of the last election when I was living in ATL, and used to get mail and see commercials about Islamic terrorists crossing the border and only the republicans running for senate could stop em…Such a nonsense issue for that state and low on the list of priorities but that’s the strategy they went with and took L’s

I’m back home in MD this election ( grateful for this, such a breath of fresh air to be out of the south/red states during election season) and one of the 1st things the republican candidate for senate says in his ads is about the border like anybody cares bout that here :lol: …It’s all buzzwords and recycled playbooks, they not serious at all :smh:

My semi optimistic for Texas this year is that Trump wins Texas, but the voters that put him over the top will tend to be men who are young, non college, and not heavy news consumers. That’s a cohort where ticket splitting is possible.

I could picture there being just enough 19 year old Edgars in Texas who will vote for Trump because they think he’s a cool manly man but will vote against Cruz because is very uncool and very much a “beta male.” Plus, those voters are also likely to vote for Trump and not vote R down ballot.

So I think Trump narrowly wins Texas but that Cruz narrowly loses reelection.

That reminds me of how sad the Colin Allred ads are I've seen around here. He's running on the border and he can't stop reminding people how much he's willing to work with Republicans. Allred is the guy going against Cruz for those who don't know.

May as well get ready for more Cruz, as much as I hate to say it.

sounds to me like a guy who is running to actually win.

way better than the Beto campaign.

Back
Top Bottom