***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Better than sending troops to Europe and causing more of a conflict and more death and destruction.
Yea better to kill Ukrainians. Subhuman. Did I do that right?

Also off topic:

Amazing listen.

Put it on 1.5x speed and get a nice history lesson

As an economist, I must say this is an asinine post

People don't know what the hell inflation is first off.

And people do not actually want fiscal policy to drive inflation lower.

Because the fiscal tool to lower inflation is.........tax increases

If people want to discuss the economic consequences for US households, they should sound serious

Put down the cellphone and open a textbook.

Last edited:
Yea better to kill Ukrainians. Subhuman. Did I do that right?

Also off topic:

Amazing listen.

Put it on 1.5x speed and get a nice history lesson

So let me get this right....

You have an issue with Palestinians dying

But you are cool with Ukrainians dying

You insult Trump, but you want to help him become president and have the same Pro-Putin stance as him

Like I said, this thread deserves better trolls

Get this dude out of here asap.
Well he’s definitely not looking good in that FBI investigation imo…
FBI seized Eric Adams’ electronic devices but there hasn’t been a clear indication that he’s a target of the probe. Yet.

On the other hand, the people who are clearly targets are very closely tied to Adams. The FBI raid on that campaign associate was apparently so important to Adams that he cancelled “migrant crisis meetings” with the WH to immediately fly back to NY upon hearing of the raid. Only to then later tell the press he “did not speak to [associate who got raided] since before the raid.”
Yet he flew back to NY immediately.

So in short, Adams doesn’t appear to be a target in the FBI probe currently, but the FBI raids all involve close associates of Adams.
The investigation centers on whether Eric Adams’ campaign was involved in a kickback scheme, so Adams is bound to become more central to the investigation as it continues.

Trump is sick:

IMG_4667.jpeg

Trump having them Adolph speeches on deck is on brand, gotta figure out the propaganda model.

As an economist, I must say this is an asinine post

People don't know what the hell inflation is first off.

And people do not actually want fiscal policy to drive inflation lower.

Because the fiscal tool to lower inflation is.........tax increases

If people want to discuss the economic consequences for US households, they should sound serious

Put down the cellphone and open a textbook.

I got into this debate with my friends during a a friedmas on Saturday. I have some low information people in the group and showed them how real wages outpaced inflation by income brackets and how the lowest people did the best and they still found some asinine rebuttal about they want a mean and not an average. I’m like bro it’s bipercated to the by the 20 percentile brackets, someone is always going to do worse. It’s not my fault certain people are working in the wrong industries.

Sucks because these are college educated people but they fell down the Joe Rogan rabbit hole and think he’s w free thinker. 🤦‍♂️ at least I now have control not to call them the r word. Guess I’ve had some growth :lol:

Whenever I feel like my dollar doesn’t go far I just have to be thankful I’m not in California or Canada.

Whenever I feel like my dollar doesn’t go far I just have to be thankful I’m not in California or Canada.
Money isnt everything to some people. Id rather live in Cali with less money to spend than anywhere else really. Its funny to me when people from some small cities and midwest states say stuff like that on some "Oh Im fine here in Iowa where my rent is 300$ a month type ishh" :rofl:

God damn bro, that’s a raise and a half.

I got like 7 and 12% between both jobs. :lol:

Like a real man my wife makes more than me so whatever.

You sound like my stepdad. Which pisses me off at times because my stepdad is just complacent and not a go getting like my mom and myself. Granted other than us no one in my family is either from everyone I know. But they love to complain and say “but you have this and make this.” Well **** that wasn’t and hasn’t come free.

I got into this debate with my friends during a a friedmas on Saturday. I have some low information people in the group and showed them how real wages outpaced inflation by income brackets and how the lowest people did the best and they still found some asinine rebuttal about they want a mean and not an average. I’m like bro it’s bipercated to the by the 20 percentile brackets, someone is always going to do worse. It’s not my fault certain people are working in the wrong industries.

Sucks because these are college educated people but they fell down the Joe Rogan rabbit hole and think he’s w free thinker. 🤦‍♂️ at least I now have control not to call them the r word. Guess I’ve had some growth :lol:
I think if you look at polling, upper middle class people a disproportionately more upset about the economy

But also are the ones that got hurt the least by COVID

I feel like punching my friends sometimes. You would swear some of their are on the brink of poverty because the 401k didn't grow enough.

I think if you look at polling, upper middle class people a disproportionately more upset about the economy

But also are the ones that got hurt the least by COVID

I feel like punching my friends sometimes. You would swear some of their are on the brink of poverty because the 401k didn't grow enough.

401k grew 70% from 2020-2021. Dropped 20% in 2022 and up 19% in 2023. So being up 70% in 4 years is bad? In what period? :rofl:Thats a S&P investment mutual fund. The simplest which most people should be invested in.

People are just stupid.

401k grew 70% from 2020-2021. Dropped 20% in 2022 and up 19% in 2023. So being up 70% in 4 years is bad? In what period? :rofl:Thats a S&P investment mutual fund. The simplest which most people should be invested in.

People are just stupid.
I have a lot of sympathy for people facing economic hardships

Like I wouldn't shame most people for not have wage and wealth growth

Because for large portions of the country their wages and wealth is actively suppressed by discrimination, capital, and bad investments

But their are a subgroup of upper middle class and affluent people that just whine, and whine, and whine

Complaining about them not being able to get ahead. But in the next breath they support sabotaging the economic prospects for the poor and middle class.

Sometimes I wish I could smack them folk with a guava tree branch.

You sound like my stepdad. Which pisses me off at times because my stepdad is just complacent and not a go getting like my mom and myself. Granted other than us no one in my family is either from everyone I know. But they love to complain and say “but you have this and make this.” Well **** that wasn’t and hasn’t come free.

I worked 80 hours a week for 3 years straight. My house is almost paid off at 36 and I bought some other property in that time.

I’m allowed to work less now.

I was just saying congrats on your raise and saying what I got. Not complaining that I’m poor because I’m not.

The tech boom during Covid raised wages unsustainably across higher income industries , now that Tech has come down to earth these white collar workers have nobody left to blame but Joe Biden

Back
Top Bottom