***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So this dude RFK Jr. is anti vaccine, but is injecting himself with testosterone. :smh: :lol:

So he doesn't trust the medical industry to protect kids from avoidable severe illness, but he completely trust them to make him feel more like a man.

1687763610562.png

so instead of the fbi sending in cointelpro to infiltrate an active hate group that's growing, we gotta depend on a random dude from Vice to step in and infiltrate.

Katja Lawrence, who is in her mid-30s, launched the channel in October 2021, because she “was having a rough time finding Nazi-approved school material for [her] homeschool children,”

this gotta be the bat signal for desantis

I am legit stunned someone hittin vitamin S would want that video on al gore’s internet

not 1 single rep hit dude’s chest.. and that’s weight a crap ton of middle schoolers could lift like light work

The failure to confirm Smith to be the next Marine Corps chief is due to a single-handed hold on confirmations by Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., over Pentagon abortion leave policies. The position is the highest in the military so far to feel the pinch of Tuberville's hold, but the Defense Department has warned that hundreds of officer promotions could be disrupted this year.

I am legit stunned someone hittin vitamin S would want that video on al gore’s internet

not 1 single rep hit dude’s chest.. and that’s weight a crap ton of middle schoolers could lift like light work

Good thing conservatives don't follow the NBA otherwise they would respond to all the criticism bringing up KD's bench press combine numbers.

That would actually be hilarious because you know KD would engage on social media :lol:

Good thing conservatives don't follow the NBA otherwise they would respond to all the criticism bringing up KD's bench press combine numbers.

That would actually be hilarious because you know KD would engage on social media :lol:

At least KD was struggling with 185 and more importantly NOT a single person thought posting that was supposed to be favorable to KD

I’d love to see THAT dude attempt 185

At least KD was struggling with 185 and more importantly NOT a single person thought posting that was supposed to be favorable to KD

I’d love to see THAT dude attempt 185

Wishing death on that man :lol: That whole thing was a when keeping it real goes wrong moment.

Wishing death on that man :lol: That whole thing was a when keeping it real goes wrong moment.

Would be hilarious watching a whole grown man on vitamin S needing a lift off and spot to hit a single rep of 185

Good lord if they asked that man to hit 225 and we know nfl kickers and punters can hit reps and I’d guarantee they the type to say some slick shh about kickers and punters with zero understanding of how athletic them dudes are

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford what are your thoughts on this?/Greedflation more broadly

Generally, I believe in greedflation. And it seems more people are talking about it.

Too much market consolidation and its effect on prices was something there was a damn near consensus on among left-wing economists, and even beyond that, only the most bought economist would deny that consumers are paying a price for allowing too few firms to dominate markets. CEOs loved having the inflation excuse to hide price increases behind.

The major inflation debate early on was whether inflation would be transient or not. It turned out not to be, so the economist that won that argument, mainly Larry Summers and Jason Furman, took what was essentially a prolonged victory lap. And demanded that nothing else must be discussed but the Fed needing to crack inflation by any means necessary.

But still, it is like a whole section of economic theory got ignored.

Now I felt people on the far left were trying to use greedflation to argue against the Fed raising rates, which all things considered were a reach. The Fed needed to tackle inflation, leaving it unchecked would have been a disaster.

But maybe it is just a sign of the conservative right's framing being the status quo on so many things that people don't realize. Inflation can more directly be attacked through fiscal policy than monetary policy. Through taxes in the short term, then antitrust enforcement and industrial policy in the long run.

People just don't realize how having too few firms in the market cost them. From cellphone plans, baby formula, doctor bills, internet bills, hell our military budget.

Generally, I believe in greedflation. And it seems more people are talking about it.

Too much market consolidation and its effect on prices was something there was a damn near consensus on among left-wing economists, and even beyond that, only the most bought economist would deny that consumers are paying a price for allowing too few firms to dominate markets. CEOs loved having the inflation excuse to hide price increases behind.

The major inflation debate early on was whether inflation would be transient or not. It turned out not to be, so the economist that won that argument, mainly Larry Summers and Jason Furman, took what was essentially a prolonged victory lap. And demanded that nothing else must be discussed but the Fed needing to crack inflation by any means necessary.

But still, it is like a whole section of economic theory got ignored.

Now I felt people on the far left were trying to use greedflation to argue against the Fed raising rates, which all things considered were a reach. The Fed needed to tackle inflation, leaving it unchecked would have been a disaster.

But maybe it is just a sign of the conservative right's framing being the status quo on so many things that people don't realize. Inflation can more directly be attacked through fiscal policy than monetary policy. Through taxes in the short term, then antitrust enforcement and industrial policy in the long run.

People just don't realize how having too few firms in the market cost them. From cellphone plans, baby formula, doctor bills, internet bills, hell our military budget.
Speaking more about the domestic effects of inflation, what do you make of the argument that If we’re in a rising inflation environment, companies will likely increase prices because consumers are conditioned for price increases?

Back
Top Bottom