***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Yeah, the earliest he would run for president is four years for now.

He went on Fox News to directly counter conservative arguments conservative make, including about his state.

I don't think he needs to frame every answer the same way the presidential candidate should.

It really doesn't matter at this point in time.

Yeah, the earliest he would run for president is four years for now.

He went on Fox News to directly counter conservative arguments conservative make, including about his state.

I don't think he needs to frame every answer the same way the presidential candidate should.

It really doesn't matter at this point in time.
I can agree it prob doesn't matter at this point in time...
He's not running for president at the moment.

but old boy is def running for president. either next cycle or if Biden dies.
he aint doin that interview for ****s and giggles.

While we are on the subject of political candidates, let's look at what's going on with a couple of them...

THIS IS HOW petty and aggressively stupid the 2024 GOP presidential primary has become: several close aides and allies to Donald Trump want to challenge Ron DeSantis to a literal ****-measuring contest.

It wouldn’t be the first juvenile move by Team Trump in this young primary season. Already, Trump has suggested that DeSantis, his chief rival, might be secretly gay. He’s gone after DeSantis over pronunciation of his own last name. He has claimed to have salacious dirt on Florida’s governor, that he might release during the primary. Recently, Trump’s campaign went after one of DeSantis’ top aides, apparently insulting her physical appearance.

Now, some of Trump’s longtime advisers are even urging him to continuously make reference to the size of DeSantis’ penis, telling him such insults could stick with GOP primary voters and mess with his rival’s head, two sources with knowledge of the matter tell Rolling Stone. Trump’s team discussed having Trump refer to the Florida governor as “Tiny D,” Bloomberg reported in March. While some understood it as a shot at DeSantis’ height, the sobriquet was specifically intended to suggest diminutive genitalia, four people familiar with the topic say.

Not gonna lie, I kinda agree with them.

If Trump not gonna use Meatball Ron, then "Tiny D" is the next best option when it comes to petty disrespectful slander.

But it's the truth though. Republicans can lie all day about how horrible blue states are, but a dem governor can't tell the truth about red states?
Yea, but blaming the voters is different than blaming the politicians. It definitely comes off differently

Yea, but blaming the voters is different than blaming the politicians. It definitely comes off differently
Huh? I didn't hear him blame the voters. He said "because of your policies. " Which to me, sounds like he's blaming the politicians. I don't know why that would offend voters or make voters cringe.

While we are on the subject of political candidates, let's look at what's going on with a couple of them...

If Trump not gonna use Meatball Ron, then "Tiny D" is the next best option when it comes to petty disrespectful slander.

Say what you will about Trump, but he definitely understands how to play to his idiotic base

Little Ronda *trump voice* works too :lol:

Huh? I didn't hear him blame the voters. He said "because of your policies. " Which to me, sounds like he's blaming the politicians. I don't know why that would offend voters or make voters cringe.
“7 of the top 10 dependent states are YOUR states. We’re subsidizing YOUR states.” You don’t see how that could come across as talking down to the voters?

I think that y’all are missing that I obviously understand what he meant. It doesn’t change the fact of how it can and likely will be used against him.

Gavin Newsome I think is a really off putting kinda of guy in general.

EgOwpyPXsAIF3eS.jpg

having him go on fox news as the representative of Democrats and tell the audience, "we subsidize you losers states"

I think is a not great look, regardless of the veracity of his statements.

its prob not gunna matter in the end,

but I don't think it's the attitude you wanna display if you think of yourself as a future presidential candidate.

Let’s not pretend that the right’s attack on “liberal wastelands” are not an attack on the people who live there and not just their representatives.

I mean, it’s been decades since the named NOVA occupied Virginia
Who is pretending anything? :lol: Newsom is from the most liberal state in the country and clearly has some ambitions to be the Democratic presidential candidate. I feel like this is a fairly obvious thing to point out as something that could be a bad political play. Obviously my politics align with progressives but I can still think that he could better frame a point that I agree with on aggregate.

Gavin Newsome I think is a really off putting kinda of guy in general.

EgOwpyPXsAIF3eS.jpg

having him go on fox news as the representative of Democrats and tell the audience, "we subsidize you losers states"

I think is a not great look, regardless of the veracity of his statements.

its prob not gunna matter in the end,

but I don't think it's the attitude you wanna display if you think of yourself as a future presidential candidate.
I agree. It may be something or it may be nothing. I feel like debunking the rights lies about the California economy and his policies = good politics. Pointing out how bad the red states are and specifically naming Alabama and Mississippi = bad politics. Just my opinion, even though those states aren’t even realistic to be Dem states.

Kind of related, the Roman Roy of the Soros Gang won the Succession. And coincidentally, one of his big objectives/differences from his pops will be talking across the aisle and getting some of the blue collar Rs back in the Dem tent. He’s also further right on cash bail policies than George. Just think that the point on the blue collar Rs is interesting given this convo.

it seemed from your reply to letsgetit22 letsgetit22
That you were contradicting his claim that GN was just giving back exactly what the right was dishing. And specifically because he wasn’t limiting criticism to the voters.

But whatever.
nope, you can read my other posts where I clearly state that I understand what he’s saying but my critique wasn’t about my understanding.

Back
Top Bottom