***Official Political Discussion Thread***

da4dpqheuhwa1.png

The Democratic Party has a credibility problem exactly because they advocate for policies that demand collective sacrifice, but they are TERRIBLE at inconveniencing themselves for their greater good.

Republicans don't have that problem. Their policies are objectively terrible, but they believe in them so much that they actually sacrifice their own personal ambitions.

This is what makes Democrats hard to trust, and this is why their support isn't as reliable as it should be.

You sir have summed up why it burdens me so much to vote and engage in local/national politics. I do what i can. But when you engage with older dems and then see the **** they pull when in power, you realize they are conservatives who forgot to change it on their voter registration form.

It ties into the age thing. Ive grown more conservative in general as an adult with a profession, kids, house, etc. but not at the cost of losing support for progressives and activist who try to push this country into a somewhat of decent place.

But these old heads tend to lose the passion and the bandwidth to keep reinventing themselves with the times. And god forbid they think of nurturing anyone younger.

Sad cycle

You sir have summed up why it burdens me so much to vote and engage in local/national politics. I do what i can. But when you engage with older dems and then see the **** they pull when in power, you realize they are conservatives who forgot to change it on their voter registration form.

It ties into the age thing. Ive grown more conservative in general as an adult with a profession, kids, house, etc. but not at the cost of losing support for progressives and activist who try to push this country into a somewhat of decent place.

But these old heads tend to lose the passion and the bandwidth to keep reinventing themselves with the times. And god forbid they think of nurturing anyone younger.

Sad cycle

Be careful. They don’t like that kind of talk in here 😭

You think you're joking :lol:

Not really, these dumb *** freedom haters are already thinking they can stop people from leaving for abortions.

I’m sure one of them will try one day, obviously it won’t work but doesn’t mean they won’t try.

Back
Top Bottom