***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Libbies calling fouls on themselves that they wouldn't even call on the other team.
Republicans...
BelichickB_702_0.jpg

Democrats...
2020-06-01_23-13-37.png

Again, you’re taking umbrage at the wrong things. Your words were that if all the negative things he thought about Trump were true, then his ability to get “meaningful legislation” passed makes it worth it. That’s outrageous and despicable on its OWN. You don’t have any ground to stand on in terms of finger waving or needling other posters given what you stand for. It’s laughable and embarrassing for you to even try and act as if you do.

If someone wants to highlight the outrageousness of my support for Trump, that’s fine. I’ve admitted it was a mistake to support Trump and I no longer support him.

I understand jokes will fly about that. It is what it is.

But pretending that I said something I didn’t, and then backtracking and acting as if just because what I really said is also bad means that I said the same thing is absurd.

And stretching what I actually say is common on here to sensationalize. I ignore the pedo stuff, but that post fell into the category of posts that a casual thread watcher would believe I actually posted. So I called him out on it.

If someone wants to highlight the outrageousness of my support for Trump, that’s fine. I’ve admitted it was a mistake to support Trump and I no longer support him.
Beyond outrageous. Despicable. Disgusting. Contemptible. And it wasn’t just support. You antagonized Black men posting in this thread as you supported a white supremacist in office, perpetuated disgusting stereotypes, engaged in countless bad faith arguments and then feigned civility as some sort of cover.

Again, you just don’t have much of a leg to stand on. Who you are and what you stand for speaks for itself over the past 5 years.

I understand jokes will fly about that. It is what it is.

But pretending that I said something I didn’t, and then backtracking and acting as if just because what I really said is also bad means that I said the same thing is absurd.

And stretching what I actually say is common on here to sensationalize. I ignore the pedo stuff, but that post fell into the category of posts that a casual thread watcher would believe I actually posted. So I called him out on it.
Shut up and makes fries fry boy. Your pedo support is enough

Beyond outrageous. Despicable. Disgusting. Contemptible. And it wasn’t just support. You antagonized Black men posting in this thread as you supported a white supremacist in office, perpetuated disgusting stereotypes, engaged in countless bad faith arguments and then feigned civility as some sort of cover.

Again, you just don’t have much of a leg to stand on. Who you are and what you stand for speaks for itself over the past 5 years.

Like I said, any issue people have with my actual posts and past support of Trump are fair game. It is what it is, I endure those antics daily.

I’m also a black man, that posts in this thread, who gets antagonized rather frequently.

But pretending I said something I didn’t, is something I wanted to call out. And I did.

Of the many ironies here, the possibility that America's dietary culture war might disproportionately impact conservatives stands out:

It's another reminder, however, that we must end those subsidies that keep the prices of factory-farmed products artificially low, while simultaneously forcing the public to accept the mounting environmental and epidemiological costs.

Republicans love to talk about the evil of government "picking winners and losers," while simultaneously using public policy to shower favor on the likes of Smithfield and Purdue.

The most affordable meals should not be the most harmful.

The simpsons. Season 6, episode 5

a must watch. (About sideshow bob running against Mayor Quimby). Very relevant regarding dems vs Republicans/trump.

This is, by a wide margin, the single greatest campaign slogan in recorded history.

He posted that I said that I accepted all of the consequences of the GOP AND Trump. That is far more broad than any statement that support for Trump makes sense because of an ability to get certain legislation past an otherwise-obstructive GOP.
Are you seriously trying to suggest that you didn't support both "the GOP AND Trump"?

Man I could a **** less about these dumb *** states putting their people at risk. If they want their freedom, they can go **** themselves too. It’s really unfortunate for those caught up in the crossfire for their stupidity

I said I wasn’t going to respond further but I’m going to make an exception because this is ridiculous.

He posted that I said that I accepted all of the consequences of the GOP AND Trump. That is far more broad than any statement that support for Trump makes sense because of an ability to get certain legislation past an otherwise-obstructive GOP.

The problem is that people in here like to exaggerate statements to sensationalize them. That’s what happened and I called him on it. That statement that I accepted all of the consequences of the GOP AND Trump is not substantially similar to any post I’ve made. And it is certainly not verbatim.
Yet

I will probably vote GOP down ticket. But you said for people that are blocking the legislation. GOP senators co-sponsored the First Step Act.

Like I said, any issue people have with my actual posts and past support of Trump are fair game. It is what it is, I endure those antics daily.

I’m also a black man, that posts in this thread, who gets antagonized rather frequently.

But pretending I said something I didn’t, is something I wanted to call out. And I did.
Maybe this is all a game to you, but being criticized and called out for support of an abhorrent person like Trump is hardly antics, and it’s another way for you to be dismissive of the gravity of those actions.

You’re playing a semantic game with B boris that’s really not helping prove anything. It’s completely disingenuous.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that you didn't support both "the GOP AND Trump"?

I’m not just suggesting it, I’m stating that I said that Trump had an ability to get legislation past a problematic otherwise-obstructive GOP-led Senate.

To twist that to me accepting all of the consequences of the GOP is absurd.

I’ve also stated that I supported people on both sides of the aisle. I supported President Obama twice.

For some reason, when limiting the jokes to Trump support doesn’t go far enough, folks want to try to tie me to every action done by the GOP. I called out the indefensible by both Trump and the GOP throughout his presidency. And an argument I made often about the Trump support was the fact that he could get things past the problematic GOP.

The post was simply untrue.

Man I could a **** less about these dumb *** states putting their people at risk. If they want their freedom, they can go **** themselves too. It’s really unfortunate for those caught up in the crossfire for their stupidity
Nah

There are more liberals in Texas than in most other states. The whole state of Texas is not made up of reckless conservatives.

Tons of good people, trying to do the right thing will be hurt

Nearly 39% of Mississippi are black folk, which is higher than any other state. The only reason it is a deeply red state is that the state probably contains more white supremacists per capita than any other state.

These people will suffer too.

I care what these states do, innocent people that vote against these idiot leaders will get hurt as well.

Maybe this is all a game to you, but being criticized and called out for support of an abhorrent person like Trump is hardly antics, and it’s another way for you to be dismissive of the gravity of those actions.

You’re playing a semantic game with B boris that’s really not helping prove anything. It’s completely disingenuous.

We can agree to disagree.

Not sure how much further of accepting the gravity of my actions you’d like. Like I said, I endure countless posts on here and I don’t respond, because of my past support for Trump. Be it personal attacks, getting called names, memes, etc.

I’ve stated the support was a mistake. And I’ve taken steps to help the Dems flip the Senate with the GA vote.

How exactly would me not being dismissive sound to you? Let me know, maybe it’ll get to some progress on the issue in the thread.

How exactly would me not being dismissive sound to you? Let me know, maybe it’ll get to some progress on the issue in the thread
You’re a guy with seemingly some intelligence. You’re a attorney who passed the bar in your state of practice. I’ll leave that to you to figure out. You’ve made it this far in life, I assume that you have the sense to figure out something so trivial.

Woulda never made it that far without previously being told by coaches and teammates to shut the **** up :lol:
You wouldn't even be in the game at that moment if they knew you could snitch
*** would be riding pine if you werent clearly NBA bound :lol:
That is the only commercial that everyone I have shown gets pissed at ole boy. Man, woman, black, white, old, young, left, right, everyone agrees dude needs to shut the hell up

No coach I ever had would tolerate such nonsense, in championship game too, **** no :lol:

Something similar happen to me when I was coaching 2nd graders in a rec league.

Had a lil white kid on my team named Milo that always wanted to snitch on himself every time the out-of-shape ref made a bad call because he refused to run past half court.

Spending my Saturday mornings trying to herd a bunch of lil kids, making sure no one brought anything with peanut butter because Atticus is allergic, and yelling at Milo's eczema having *** like...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I’m not just suggesting it, I’m stating that I said that Trump had an ability to get legislation past a problematic otherwise-obstructive GOP-led Senate.

To twist that to me accepting all of the consequences of the GOP is absurd.

I’ve also stated that I supported people on both sides of the aisle. I supported President Obama twice.

For some reason, when limiting the jokes to Trump support doesn’t go far enough, folks want to try to tie me to every action done by the GOP. I called out the indefensible by both Trump and the GOP throughout his presidency. And an argument I made often about the Trump support was the fact that he could get things past the problematic GOP.

The post was simply untrue.
The fact that so many people here come to the same conclusions about your posts is clearly an indication that we’re all crazy and you’re doing nothing wrong. Yeah, that’s logical.

Donald Trump seems very much in favor of voter suppression. Sure, voter suppression happens in States so Donald trump didn’t sign any federal voter suppression but, consider that,

-Trump appointed federal judges who agree with voter suppression.
-Trump did everything he could to hobble the USPS in advance of an election that’d be carried out largely by mail due to COVID.
-Trump told the audience of CPAC the election policies that he wanted and they are in line with the policies that States us to reduce ballot access.

That is the only commercial that everyone I have shown gets pissed at ole boy. Man, woman, black, white, old, young, left, right, everyone agrees dude needs to shut the hell up

No coach I ever had would tolerate such nonsense, in championship game too, **** no :lol:

Something similar happen to me when I was coaching 2nd graders in a rec league.

Had a lil white kid on my team named Milo that always wanted to snitch on himself every time the out-of-shape ref made a bad call because he refused to run past half court.

Spending my Saturday mornings trying to herd a bunch of lil kids, making sure no one brought anything with peanut butter because Atticus is allergic, and yelling at Milo's eczema having *** like...
giphy.gif
They could've never made and aired that commercial in the west indies
The way people would buse off the actor for doing his job :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom